BOOTS! Opinions?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chevybob

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
So I'm going to be buying my first pair of "climbing" boots. I've been rocking loggers forever and it's time for a nice lineman boot for when I'm on the spikes. I've pretty much settled on the Hoffman Dri Lines composite toe. Now my question is what advantage does a 16" boot provide over a 10"? I have big Buck wraps so comfort isn't an issue for my legs lol.

I also came across Thorogoods are they comparable to Hoffman? I've read nothing but good things about the dri line boot so I think that'll be my choice.

Pfanner Zermatt GTX and don't look back ! I wore Hoffman Power Line for years and you can't compare the two. Just have a nice set of pads and you don't need all that leather. Wish I would have had the Pfanner when I was learning to climb 32 years ago ! You'll want to wear them everywhere. If you can get past the color. Just my 2cent

Meindl Airstream, Austrian or German, the best protective climbing boots ever, handmade and tough as hell, goretex, waterproof, comfy, full protection, vibram soles which grip like **** to a blanket on anything, solid soles like rock climbing boots so you can use the smallest stub, good ankle support yet flexible, no break in time at all, wish I'd found these before

I have tried a bunch of expensive boots but they all wear out fast so I bought some carolina loggers for dirt cheap and they are super comfy and durable. Probably won't ever buy expensive boots again unless they are the hiker type. Been eyeballing the Arbpro boots.

I wear wescos and love them worth the extra change. I wear whites everyday another amazing boots. I think my wescos are 16" and it pinches my leg in between the pad and my boot top but a little adjustment prevents that

I buy redwing not sure what make but they have an opaque clear sole and kind of grip the bark like wacky wall walkers did composite safety toe they're about $200 and last 1 or 2 seasons.

Back