Bummer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wigglesworth

Booned
Reaction score
Got a phone call from my father in law in Durham, NC. Said he chased a guy out of his shop, and ran him down and jumped on his car, but the guy made it away with his 028 I gave him for Christmas last year. Kinda dumb for him to jump on a car, but when the adrenaline kicks in, u never know what you'll do.

Anyways, he got the license plate number, so hopefully it's only a matter of time. If anybody sees a pristine 028WB in a case for sale in the Durham, NC area, lemme know.

I hate a thief....

What really happened is that he left the saw sitting on the tailgate and drove off forgetting about it and when he realized what happened he turned around and found a log truck had run over it. He was just sick about it and knew you would be so disappointed that he concocted an elaborate scheme about crooks and narrow escapes so you wouldn't feel bad.

Or, it happened just how he said and a bunch of us need to do some booty kicking... I doubt someone would steal it to do some legitimate work with it. Watch CL and the local pawn shops...

Probley a crackhead. Too bad your dad did not reach for the correct tool to put a bullet in him.

What a scum bag. I hate to hear stories like this, Like others said Hes out to flip it. One could hope hed try to cut with it then have an "unfortunate kickback incident".

That sucks Jeremy. Seems people get even more desperate this time of year too. :msp_angry:

They own a gun but don't keep it loaded. What good is an unloaded gun?? Hoping they catch this guy.

Sorry about the saw. Durham is why I went and got my concealed carry as I don't get to choose where we work. I'll keep an eye on the local CL. Where in Durham is he located? I ask as my buddy had his freshly rebuilt 372 snagged about 15 miles south of Durham. The comments about crack head is probably correct...

Let me just say that Durham has some really nice parts but has some that I don't like being in at high noon. I will open carry in a minute.

Got a phone call from my father in law in Durham, NC. Said he chased a guy out of his shop, and ran him down and jumped on his car, but the guy made it away with his 028 I gave him for Christmas last year. Kinda dumb for him to jump on a car, but when the adrenaline kicks in, u never know what you'll do.

Anyways, he got the license plate number, so hopefully it's only a matter of time. If anybody sees a pristine 028WB in a case for sale in the Durham, NC area, lemme know.

I hate a thief....

Remind me to never piss off your Dad!!!!!!!

I know a guy who knows a guy in NC and the law doesn't need to be involved. Jus sayin things can be handled.......

It aint them boys from the Discovery show "Moonshiners" is it? They like to stay as far away from the law as possible.:rock: That one is a crack shot with a lever action. Watching a episode the other night and he dropped a hog that was straight bookin' it with open sights.

I wouldnt look for it on Craigslist. One- the crack head probably pawned his computer so no access to CL. And two, you have to give personal info and arrange a meet on CL- which opens up an opportunity to expose yourself and get your ass caught or stomped. That saw is probably headed to a Pawn Shop for a quick flip for cash.

FYI it's not on CL anywhere in eastern NC so far....already had it pulled up looking for saws. Looked from Charlotte east and nothing yet.

Shea

I'd say its probably not gonna be recovered. It was probably sold, pawned or such as soon as it was snatched. :msp_sad:

Though it is good that he got the license plate, least maybe they will be caught.

Tell him to not to jump on the car next time though!!! :msp_w00t:

Back