Bummer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
See post # 39

I did read post #39

Property theft is just that theft. I would love to have been able to shoot the two different neighbors who stole my 4 wheeler but the law is on the side of the criminal.

The guy stole a saw. He is a deadbeat. No question there. Does that deserve taking his life?

When you help carry your dead friend out of the hollow after he was murdered over a petty arguement and then then learn how the law works you get a bit jaded. The shoot first ask questions later attitude is simply BS

Bill

Really hate to here this Jeremy. I am kinda numb it though cause my dad has been broken into once a year for the past 3 years and it's so aggravating.

At one time I told myself I would give an intruder a chance. Hold a gun on him, and just tell him to be still till the police get here and you will leave unharmed. What happens when they get out, if they even go to jail? I have a family that I love more than anything in this world! Second to GOD himself only! If an intruder comes in my house uninvited they have made the decision that they are not afraid of the consequences when they enter my dwelling. I WILL KILL THEM DEAD AS SOON AS THEY COME THROUGH THE DOOR! If more come after the first they will be piled up like cord wood at the door. If some kind of stupid legality issue happens and I go to jail for a long time, I will rest assured that I protected my family. Some stupid thought such as 'oh no, i better not shoot this guy what if he gets away' or 'what if he sues me in civil court' will never enter my mind. More than likely the thought process will go something like this......... Pistol pointed at the door; Intruder busts door in, and the first thing he see's is me with a Glock 45 pointed at his teeth........... breathe....... squeeze, and he's dead before he hit's the floor. I am not trying to sound like a big bad bully with a gun, I am just trying say I will protect my family no matter what. Like Mrs. J, I too pray that I am never in a situation to have shoot someone.

As far as getting robbed goes, such as the ole garage.... yeah it would suck, but chainsaws, or trimmers, or lawnmowers to me aren't worth killing someone over IMO as much as it would suck. But if I think my family is in danger, I assure you it will be an epic ending for some cull thief or whoever.

Family.jpg

I'm with ya Justin. I would not want to be put in the situation on having to take somebody's life, most especially over something as petty as a chainsaw. Thinking about it, my father in law was both brave, and dumb to go after somebody unarmed. If the perp was armed, he very well might had met his maker that day. But if he hadn't went after him, it would had been of no consequence to the perp. At least my father in law got his plate number, and let the guy know he wasn't just prey for the taking and gonna set back and let it happen.

But if and when an individual makes a legitimate threat to me or one of my family's well being, all bets are off, and most likely they won't be walking away. In my concealed weapons course, they stressed the point to never draw a gun on someone, unless you fully intend on taking that individuals life. This far I've never had to draw my weapon, but rest assured, if that time comes, I will be fully prepared to take the responsibility of my actions to protect me and my own. Jail time or not. But I'm pretty confident I'll have to be quick on the draw to beat Ms. J to em.

One things for sure, you don't go messing with a mama grizzly's cubs...

Latest posts

Back