Chainsaw photography

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All I have is a pos Sony Cyber-shot 6.0..Considering it is held together with tape it does alright by me....

DSC03624.jpg

DSC03503.jpg

Kodak DX4530
I can't even remember when I bought it. Think about six years ago on ebay. Takes video and holds SD card. Works for all I need. It's 5 mp.
attachment.php

Ed
:chainsaw:

DSLR's are still the way to go if you want to take sharp pics with less noise. Photoshop is also a must IMHO, and I'm a Nikon guy. Bad thing about posting pics on a forum is the fact you have to re size and reduce the quality of the pic before you can upload them.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Sony takes a good close up as does that kodak. Even more important than the camera is lighting. What did you use for a light source on that cylinder shot pine?

Coffee break
attachment.php

DSLR's are still the way to go if you want to take sharp pics with less noise. Photoshop is also a must IMHO, and I'm a Nikon guy. Bad thing about posting pics on a forum is the fact you have to re size and reduce the quality of the pic before you can upload them.

Andyshine77, What model Nikon is that... Nikon 361 or Nikon 372xp? I'm sold.

It is a shame with the downsizing but a great pic can still be viewed.

Just having the ability to do macro would be nice.

She is impressed with the Nikon ms362 (d50)
attachment.php

Actually taken with my D2Xs(12.4mp DSLR), 50mm f/1.8 with a close-up lens.

WOW! Did a quick search. Out of my price range, fantastic pic though. Is the d3000 good bang for the buck?

WOW! Did a quick search. Out of my price range, fantastic pic though. Is the d3000 good bang for the buck?

The new generation entry level DSLRs are a great bang for the buck. In many ways they are more capable than my D2Xs, Nikon's flagship camera 4 years ago. The newer cameras have much better low-light performance. .

I know most people are here for conversation and information. That being said, a picture is worth a 1000 words and video can be even better (if done well).
I myself enjoy the reading and love the pics. Some pics that have been posted are less than desirable picture quality. Would like to hear what you guys are using and recommend for photo/video equipment. Most people do not have big budgets for this kind of thing so lets hear it for all price ranges.

Not really a chainsaw subject but I believe a thread like this could contribute to the overall quality of posts. I shoot with a Kadak easy share Z1012 IS. Good camera for the money, with the exception of shutter lag. Here is a couple pics for the forum.
attachment.php

attachment.php

mweba, I see we are using basically the same camera. Mine is a Kodak Z1015 IS. I think the zoom is the only difference I believe. I usually just use the basic settings, and usually only use it on the 8.9mp (3:2) supposedly its suppose to print 4x6 photos better instead of the 10mp (4:3) setting.
I still have a lot to learn about it..:dizzy:

Picture002.jpg

Picture009.jpg

:cheers:
Gregg,

mweba, I see we are using basically the same camera. Mine is a Kodak Z1015 IS. I think the zoom is the only difference I believe. I usually just use the basic settings, and usually only use it on the 8.9mp (3:2) supposedly its suppose to print 4x6 photos better instead of the 10mp (4:3) setting.
I still have a lot to learn about it..:dizzy:

Gregg,

I will have to try 8.9. I have not changed many setting from factory. Wish I had more time to experiment. Great camera for the money and class its in.
Nice 4000 by the way.

Back