Chainsaw photography

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amazing the range of cameras used to post on this site. I'm suprised how nice some of the older cameras pics are. Made my decision on the new one and going to town tomorrow to get it. Great info Lady and gentlemen.

so what ya getting

Nikon d3000. Not sure about the lens that comes standard with the camera. Will have to play with it for a while. I will still have to use the Kodak for video as the Nikon is not capable.
I read until late last night and most of the day at work on dslr's, Nikon seems to be the best bang for the buck. Best price I can find at a retail store is 479.00.

Nikon d3000. Not sure about the lens that comes standard with the camera. Will have to play with it for a while. I will still have to use the Kodak for video as the Nikon is not capable.
I read until late last night and most of the day at work on dslr's, Nikon seems to be the best bang for the buck. Best price I can find at a retail store is 479.00.
I went with the d5000 so I could have the video I think the d3000 is a great deal for the money

Amazing pics Cedar. Wish that d5000 wasn't out of my price range.

What mount is that? Fantastic view.
attachment.php

Not if it's done right. Unless you're just talking about it staining. It shouldn't chip out though.
I think I kept the old grout too long before using...It looked great when I did it but before long it started coming out. I had another thing happen that was unusual...I had a tile crack after I cemented it down and had left it for a long time, I was on the other side of the room and heard it crack. Nobody was around it...Next time I'm not gonna try to save money, new grout and new cement.

Please tell me you squashed the livin' :censored: out of that spider :D

If you have them inside you house you have far less bugs.

One time my wife was having a bath and I heard her scream blue murder and lots of water splashing. When I ran into the bathroom she was standing on the edge of the bath with her back to the wall and floating in the bath was one of these big mommas. I took it outside to the back garden to eat more bugs.

BTW they bite but their venom is not life threatening.

Please tell me you squashed the livin' :censored: out of that spider :D

:laugh: as Bob said, we keep them around, they keep things like Mozzies and midges in check.

I did pull on a pair of shorts once, stick my hand in a pocket and it felt all weird and hairy and soft, so I pulled one of those huge Huntsmen out and he didn't bite :confused:
Another time there was one on top of a bag I was carrying. I got as far as the front door when he bit me on the heel of my hand so I had two nice puncture marks. Got a little sore and earned big bravery points with all the ladies I told my tale to, especially as I still carefully put the little/big hairy sucker outside. :D

If you have them inside you house you have far less bugs.

One time my wife was having a bath and I heard her scream blue murder and lots of water splashing. When I ran into the bathroom she was standing on the edge of the bath with her back to the wall and floating in the bath was one of these big mommas. I took it outside to the back garden to eat more bugs.

BTW they bite but their venom is not life threatening.

:laugh: as Bob said, we keep them around, they keep things like Mozzies and midges in check.

I did pull on a pair of shorts once, stick my hand in a pocket and it felt all weird and hairy and soft, so I pulled one of those huge Huntsmen out and he didn't bite :confused:
Another time there was one on top of a bag I was carrying. I got as far as the front door when he bit me on the heel of my hand so I had two nice puncture marks. Got a little sore and earned big bravery points with all the ladies I told my tale to, especially as I still carefully put the little/big hairy sucker outside. :D

Yep, it's hard trying to convince the wife's the "Huntsman" is a friend. :)
I catch them in a glass and take them outside to keep the peace.

I took these with my Minolta DiMAGE 7i,I paid a fortune for it about 5 years ago, I still have some Nikon non digital SLR gear I might sell although I suppose it's not worth a lot these days.

P3080024Medium.jpg

PICT0061Medium-1.jpg

PICT0345Medium.jpg

Any big hairy spiders that are game enough to come inside get zapped with my cattle prod.

GE 10.1 megapixal H1055

it does alright if i keep my greasy fingers off the lense. i also use it to shoot my vids

combo.jpg

today001.jpg

GEDC0182.jpg

GEDC0425.jpg

GEDC1451.jpg

GEDC1448.jpg

GEDC0291.jpg

GEDC0292.jpg

Last edited:
one more, i like this pic
D8.jpg

i work at this gravel pit from time to time to fill in when dad and i are slow

thanks Southbound.
cameras could turn into second hobby one of these days. ive been eyes a 12megapixal rebel but just cant swing it right now

Last edited:
Sony Mavica $1 at a yardsale,, 640x480,,uses floppy disc's.

great for posting forum pix.

attachment.php

Whats a Floppy? ROFL
My new computer I just built doesn't even have a floppy controller anymore on the board = floppy had died

I take all my pics and video with a Sony DSC-H1. It's a cross between a point and shoot and a DSLR. Only thing i dislike is the battery life is horrible. Like it might as well have a negative battery life its that bad

Saws, rigging and the guys who use it.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I have trouble focussing the Nikon for zoom pictures. I think I just discovered the zoom this day. Hooktender topping a tail tree.
attachment.php

Twinkle taking a break from slide clearing.
attachment.php

[snip]
I still have some Nikon non digital SLR gear I might sell although I suppose it's not worth a lot these days.

Nothing wrong with film, I love my old SLR's, it's just that everyone has gone digi mad. The immediacy of digi cams are nice though.....until the batteries run out in the bush....

Nothing wrong with film, I love my old SLR's, it's just that everyone has gone digi mad. The immediacy of digi cams are nice though.....until the batteries run out in the bush....

Rick, rechargeables are the go.
The digitals are just so user friendly.
You can dump the 97 shots you don't want and keep the three you do want without any waste. You can view your shots and there is increased picture quality.

Latest posts

Back