Chainsaw photography

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ohio Gregg....I have a lot to learn about it too. I bought the simplest camera I could find and still don't get adjustments right. Some pics turn out crystal clear and some are fuzzy, shot one right after the other at the same thing, same lighting, etc. Maybe I'm not holding the camera still, or something.

I have a little Nikon so I can carry it in my pocket. . I wish I got to work in clearcuts. That would make photographing logging a lot easier.

attachment.php

attachment.php

This is my office.....Actually, the two above are also.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Nice office, and scenery slowp:clap:
I envy you folks in the PNW when it comes to that. All I see around here is flat and full of corn stalks..lol

:cheers:
Gregg,

Ohio Gregg....I have a lot to learn about it too. I bought the simplest camera I could find and still don't get adjustments right. Some pics turn out crystal clear and some are fuzzy, shot one right after the other at the same thing, same lighting, etc. Maybe I'm not holding the camera still, or something.

I ain't smart enough yet to figure all the different settings yet.:dizzy:
On mine in auto mode so to speak, when ya press the shutter button half way it focuses, then continue pressing the button to take the picture.
To take good pics, a tripod helps, but I don't use one..lol just take a deep breath and shoot! kinda like shooting a gun.

:cheers:
Gregg,

Here is one I took today after getting the tile down....

the big factor in taking pics is the lighting. SUNLIGHT will give you the best pics. Wish I had some....
View attachment 128749
attachment.php

I tried to put one of those in my office and the boss put a stop to it. She mumbled something like....I can't take the wall out and the garden hose isn't that long.
attachment.php

Nice pics and I'm jealous!

These are taken on a Kodak Easyshare 740... An alright camera that suffers in low-light focusing... Not a problem here...

Homelite XL-2

100_3769.jpg

Forging a dagger (this shot with a friend's Canon Powershot 560)

IMG_2294.jpg

Finished - woodwork is in Desert Ironwood (back to the Kodak)

IronwoodDaggerFinished4.jpg

J

If it makes you jealous people feel better, I've been freezing my fingers off this week in blizzards. Gotta keep the fingers out of the gloves because I'm tying knots in flagging. Get in the rig at the end of the day and run back home with the heater on high. I don't take my camera out much when it is nasty.

As of today I have uploaded 1124 pictures to AS. Most have been taken with a Canon D20 and more recently D50 but there are quite a few taken with just a Sony Ericsson cell phone camera.

Last year I made this macro stand (the whole thing including the lamp shades)
attachment.php

so that with a 100 mm macro lens I can take pics like this
attachment.php

The camera is attached to and can be almost fully controlled from the laptop (operator still has to move camera up and down manually).

In case you missed it full thread here.

Last edited:
I think pics come out a lot better if they are taken out side in the woods cutting setting chainsaws on kitchen table just dont work for me. I use a kodak EZ share Z740 and a nikon D5000
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

The camera is attached to and can be almost fully controlled from the laptop (operator still has to move camera up and down manually).

can you do that with any digital camera? or only specific cameras?

This site makes me question why I live in Iowa on a daily basis.
attachment.php

Hey Slowp where are you working right now? This pic could be anywhere but looks a lot like Larch Mtn. just above my house:

attachment.php

361 taken with my first digital, a Canon Powershot G3 bought sometime around 2002:

attachment.php

A worn out Pro Action triple stage shock piston out of a CR250RT taken with my wifes old & busted pocket camera, a Canon Powershot IS400:

attachment.php

My oldest picking up sand dollars on the beach taken with my wife's "replacement" pocket camera, a Powershot SD1100:

attachment.php

And last a couple shots of a Sandcar my buddie built taken with a Canon 40D:

attachment.php

attachment.php

This site makes me question why I live in Iowa on a daily basis.
QUOTE]
I moved to Indiana for 3 years back in 2000-2002 and I wonder why any body lives in the mid west

Most don't know anybetter lol. I visit Colorado and southern wyoming annually. Never any farther west than that though (time restraints).

Sony Mavica $1 at a yardsale,, 640x480,,uses floppy disc's.

great for posting forum pix.

attachment.php

Latest posts

Back