Changing to Husky's has improved my life!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No when it comes to pure health a copycat will not work as no generic is going to fully cure ya. I will admits it gets close but the flippy hippy caps will keep you mentally unstable and the body will follow the mind:cheers::buttkick:

Ain't no copy cat there, that is all STIHL!:clap: Although not my favorite model, she is a good 'un. Now put a 440 in my face and I'm like>:love1:

btw, LOVE them flippy caps!

Ain't no copy cat there, that is all STIHL!:clap: Although not my favorite model, she is a good 'un. Now put a 440 in my face and I'm like>:love1:

btw, LOVE them flippy caps!

2K,

I put about 3 hours on a 440 last evening due to storm damage. A really nice saw for that type of work. I took the saw with me to survey the damage, and didn't really expect to use it for more than a minute or two. The much maligned and hated flippy caps saved my bacon because I forgot a scrench.

440s rock,

ole joat

Going by size, the (Euro) MS361 and the 346xp are the best saws I know of - both are high-performance saws for the size, with amazing trigger responce and handling.....:givebeer:

Niko,

I had a 361 and it was a nice saw. I could never find many cases where I wouldn't rather just use the 440 or 441. Where does it fit exactly? Again, it is a nice saw,. But, for what?

Now, if this new fangled 346 doesn't blow my socks off, I'm not going to be very happy.

ole joat

2K,

I put about 3 hours on a 440 last evening due to storm damage. A really nice saw for that type of work. I took the saw with me to survey the damage, and didn't really expect to use it for more than a minute or two. The much maligned and hated flippy caps saved my bacon because I forgot a scrench.

440s rock,

ole joat

Truly a nice saw, I got to get me another one........hint...hint!;) I love my 460 but might replace it with another 440.:dizzy:

MCW,

Missed biology, eh? From where did the sperm come?

Hope I didn't embarrass you,

ole joat

I got an A in Biology - these Huskys must be able to perform miracles or something? ;)

What length bar was on that 3120?

Dan

I had the 60" on it and she told me I fell a few inches short. OK, a few feet...
Quite a few...

2K,

440s rock,

ole joat

Hey joat I never use a scrench on my non flippy caps I know how to tighten a cap and have strong fingers too:cheers: One thing I can't stand on the flippy hippi caps is dirt gets caked in around the levers and then the way the hole is designed:monkey: it funnels dirt into the tank! I suppose if I did not have to get alot of work done I could take air hose and blow it off but I am going hard all day.

Hey joat I never use a scrench on my non flippy caps I know how to tighten a cap and have strong fingers too:cheers: One thing I can't stand on the flippy hippi caps is dirt gets caked in around the levers and then the way the hole is designed:monkey: it funnels dirt into the tank! I suppose if I did not have to get alot of work done I could take air hose and blow it off but I am going hard all day.

Rope,

I never could quite put my finger on why your life is so much better than mine. Now I know. It's the flippy caps.

I think I'll put that 440 away and run something else,

ole joat

it stands to reason then...................

btw, LOVE them flippy caps![/QUOTE]

you don't climb and have never had a leg or rope covered in bar oil.

Rope,

I never could quite put my finger on why your life is so much better than mine. Now I know. It's the flippy caps.

I think I'll put that 440 away and run something else,

ole joat

Hey joat, run what makes ya smile I like my 200t as well as my husky's but I always see design flaws! Auuuuuuuuo its bout daylight time to fire up the sawz and make them earn thier keep again:cheers:

Hey joat, run what makes ya smile I like my 200t as well as my husky's but I always see design flaws! Auuuuuuuuo its bout daylight time to fire up the sawz and make them earn thier keep again:cheers:

Rope,

Stay safe and have a good one. :cheers:

ole joat

Do we need a lesson on how to use flippy caps??? It's not that hard, really.:dizzy:

One of the reasons I sold my Stihl's was because of the flippy caps. I know that sounds crazy to some of you. I think they are another example of an answer to a question that wasn't asked. I just sold my 036 PRO and it had the old style caps. Hated to see it go. I didn't need to use a scrench to get a good seal. Maybe my mother would have, bless her heart. I still have Stihl blowers, 4matic trimmers and hedge trimmers and those caps are a PITA.:mad: The trimmer is very difficult to get seated properly. I never have the problem on the Husky's. I would hate to be a climber because I'm sure they have had experiences with oil and gas running down their legs. Not for me.:dizzy:

Latest posts

Back