Charity Firewood Cutting for Interfaith Caregivers of Burnett County WI

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd like to come up but all I can do is run a saw in one spot and if I just sit around the cold gits me, gittin old I guess.

John
Ever try running the splitter? I found it surprisingly warming... I used to always think, "this is a low value job... Anyone can do it... I'll get cold... I'll get bored" until I did it! Lemme tell ya, it's one of the more important jobs out there... Sounds corny, but a good handle runner can be worth their weight in gold - you gotta be efficient with the handle, minimizing the non-moving time of the wedge, but still pay very close attention to detail so no one gets hurt. Keeps the loader & unloader free to do just that, not trying to rush to get at the handle, or trying to hold up a big block while running the handle, etc...I actually like it now. Plus, some of Denny's helpers are absolutely stellar to work with, if you end up not working worth one of the as crew... My 2 cents.

Well that weekend is now wide open, so I'll be there. Might have to use the scoop shovel out of the back of my truck to clean out the sawdust on the cutting stand this time. At least we're not using 1/2" pitch chain...
Looks like the bucking stand will be dormant this time with no equipment to move the big wood...

Back