Charity Firewood Cutting for Interfaith Caregivers of Burnett County WI

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, so maybe not quite over Grantsburg. ;)
17e9a91f187b440c26bca0e79c1172fb.jpg

Oh my!! I might need to get my stuck snowmobile off the snow pile for another ride?? I did get my pole saw out today and tweak a big dead elm in my yard so it will go the right way when I drop it.

Looks like Mother Nature MAY BE loosening her grip on Old Man Winter. We are going to shoot for Sunday April 29th to work the woodpile for Denny. He has delivered over 60 loads of wood since Jan 1-most of it was wood that was for this fall.... So we need to replenish that pile and still need more for next year. I know the Iowa GTG is going on-hopefully we can get a big enough crew together to run the cutting stand.

Will there be an additional weekend cut yet this spring? I suppose it depends on turnout and production on Sunday.

I can’t make this weekend, but just finished up (tonight) building a unique, folding, stowable, car transportable splitter with separate power unit. First testing will be next week, but I’d love to get more time on it. Not big, but fast. 4 + 3 seconds cycle time.

On another totally unrelated topic, I have been involved in a wheelchair/walker/cruthces/canes ministry so if anyone has chairs to donate please pm me.

Will there be an additional weekend cut yet this spring? I suppose it depends on turnout and production on Sunday.

I can’t make this weekend, but just finished up (tonight) building a unique, folding, stowable, car transportable splitter with separate power unit. First testing will be next week, but I’d love to get more time on it. Not big, but fast. 4 + 3 seconds cycle time.

On another totally unrelated topic, I have been involved in a wheelchair/walker/cruthces/canes ministry so if anyone has chairs to donate please pm me.
You are correct-our work schedule will be dictated by how much we get done on Sunday. Don't worry-We've never ran out of wood to cut.

YET!!

Latest posts

Back