Charity Firewood Cutting for Interfaith Caregivers of Burnett County WI

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am shocked and dismayed. all this time I was believing you northern cousins were impervious to cold. what will be next? my oh my.
lol. I agree with Sarah though. that's gotta be hard on the equipment. just sayin.
yall doing good work for the kingdom. keep it up
It's not us, it's the equipment. We ARE impervious to cold. [emoji12]

Another great day helping a great cause!!

Not sure who all got this info yesterday but.................
All who have helped with the Interfaith Heat-A-Home project have met Terry and Connie Bowar. We normally are treated with an excellent meal and fellowship at their home after a hard days work in the woodpile. Terry has been fighting cancer for quite some time with many surgeries and procedures in his rear view mirror. Wendy took pele and myself aside yesterday to tell us that Connie was recently diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and tests also show spots on her liver. The path for her treatment is yet to determined. Please keep the Bowar family in your thoughts and prayers. I will be sending some flowers to them today wishing them well from all of us here.

WGP
Talked to Terry today. Connie is home from Regions and in hospice care at home. With all the treatments for cancer that he has had-she was always his solid rock. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers. To all who have helped-remember the flavor of Connie's rolls at morning break time! I will try to make it up there soon and pass on our groups well wishes.

WGP

Has anybody tried filing / grinding chain differently for frozen wood? I have been 'told' to adjust the top plate angle from 30° down to 25°. But have not done any side-by-side experiments.

Philbert

Philbert,

Semi chisel works much better for me in frozen wood than regular chisel.

Back