E-bay 026 Super and 026 x2

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cgraham1

cgraham1

I feel old
It's eBay. They will probably go for $500 plus. :rolleyes:

Why don't I find yard sales like that? I only find Craftsman, Poulan, and Homelite junk saws at yard sales. :(

Greenclimber

Greenclimber

ArboristSite Operative
It's eBay. They will probably go for $500 plus. :rolleyes:

Why don't I find yard sales like that? I only find Craftsman, Poulan, and Homelite junk saws at yard sales. :(

Cgraham1 you're on the West-coast. That's like the Chainsaw Capital of the world.
I was on a road-trip last summer/fall in Northern CA. I passed up on a Stihl MS440 for $250... Came with a 25" and 36" bar, extra chains, bar oil, tools, and other odds and ends... Craigslist add for "tree climbing gear" Just south of Eureka a little ways. What an amazing state! Huge trees! I hope to go back one day, and travel up to Oregon and Washington.

Oh, I also passed up on a nice nimble Echo CS670P in Weaverville for $225... At the time I was spoiled and wanting something bigger after passing up on the MS440. Thought I'd find a better deal... Ended up leaving the Westcoast without any big saws because of my fickleness.

cgraham1

cgraham1

I feel old
Cgraham1 you're on the West-coast. That's like the Chainsaw Capital of the world.
I was on a road-trip last summer/fall in Northern CA. I passed up on a Stihl MS440 for $250... Came with a 25" and 36" bar, extra chains, bar oil, tools, and other odds and ends... Craigslist add for "tree climbing gear" Just south of Eureka a little ways. What an amazing state! Huge trees! I hope to go back one day, and travel up to Oregon and Washington.

Oh, I also passed up on a nice nimble Echo CS670P in Weaverville for $225... At the time I was spoiled and wanting something bigger after passing up on the MS440. Thought I'd find a better deal... Ended up leaving the Westcoast without any big saws because of my fickleness.
I live in Weaverville. :)

dall

ArboristSite Guru
lol I have a nice 026 not the pro model but been took care of I checked when I bought it and had 175 compression and I have less then what those three are listed at right now

old-cat

old-cat

Fir Man
How high is your compression?

I've never checked the psi. I had Randy MM cut the squish band .020" then I accidently set the squish clearance to zero and it ran really good. But I took it apart and sanded some more off the squish band and set the clearance to .015" if I remember right. I did my 036 the same and it has 185 psi

battlefordguy

battlefordguy

ArboristSite Operative
y2e9e4y6.jpg

After some strategic aluminum removal by Randy- MM

260 with 44.7 mm jug