ebay seller

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickyrooster

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone here deal with this guy. I bought 4 bearings from this guy and only got two. the ad reads 2 bearings and there were 2 deals available. I took both deals to replace the bearings in the two 288xp crankcases that i have. I emailed him and he said that his wife was in the hospital and having problems and he had to order the other two bearings and would get them to me asap. the bearings have never come so I emailed him again and asked him to do what was right and refund my money and I would mail him back his bearings. today he wrote me back saying that he would not refund my money and that I got what I bought. I just filed a complaint with paypal and hope I get some satisfaction. I say to everyone here dont mess with this guy he is nothing but problems. http://cgi.ebay.com/Husqvarna-394-C...QQptZLHQ5fDefaultDomainQ5f0QQsalenotsupported Rick

Did you save the email that said "sorry I only sent you half your bearings, will ship the others when I get them"?

Is this the part?
Original Part #503250002 has been superceded to:part# 738220325

Looks like they are worth about $10 each if I got the right part number.
http://www.jackssmallengines.com/husqp394.cfm

Last edited:
I just ebay mailed him a question. Asked him to explain whats up. If a bunch of us ask maybe that will help. Probably the paypal complaint will do the trick though.

Don't get all worked up and get in someone else's business, and try to make things "right"

This is between the OP, and the dude on ebay... the mob mentality is in bad taste IMAFO...

Gary

I ain't getting worked up, but I do get in other peoples business if they ask for help. Ebay is full of scammers and a member here is getting taken. So shoot me for trying to help.
Anyway, all I did is ask the guy to explain what was up. I didn't threaten him or anything. :dizzy:

He didn't ask for any help... for anybody to send the seller any "questions"... He simply stated that he thought people should stay away from the seller.

Too many times people vent their frustrations about ebay and craigslist here only to have the mob start gettin' involved...

Take it or leave it... I could care less... :)

Gary

Don't get all worked up and get in someone else's business, and try to make things "right"

This is between the OP, and the dude on ebay... the mob mentality is in bad taste IMAFO...

Gary

We can't make a habit of this. Ebay is so hard on sellers right now. It is one thing to report something here. It is another to get involved when we only know one side of it. As a school teacher, I have learned this lesson many many times......

I asked all my questions to the seller thru ebays ask the seller a question. they have a record of this. I filed a complaint thru paypal which is owned by ebay so they can check every email. I'm just telling this because I dont want anyone here to get cheated by this seller. thats all. thanks for careing but Ill work it out thru the system. Rick!

He didn't ask for any help... for anybody to send the seller any "questions"... He simply stated that he thought people should stay away from the seller.

Too many times people vent their frustrations about ebay and craigslist here only to have the mob start gettin' involved...

Take it or leave it... I could care less... :)

Gary

Gary, from what i've seen you're a good guy and i'm not trying to get into anything with you. But you are the one telling people what they should or should not do, not me.
Ebay is a public market. There is a reason why I can still see the auction and ask the seller a question. If he's trying to pull something over on someone, just like in any shop I go to, I can walk in and ask whats up.
I never suggested that all the AS members should bust up his place.:chainsaw:

I concur....I tried helping a guy or two...caused far more problems than I could have ever hoped to solve....

And then I had a group gang up on me...while I was trying my hardest to resolve issues...

Gary's very correct on this one....

The guy wrote me back:

I gave him exactly what he paid for. I told him that he would have to wait on the other two and I would send them because I only had 2 forsale not 4 like he supposably thought I did. I have done everything in this situation straight by the book. He will be taken care of though but he just needs to settle down everyone makes mistakes. Hope to do business with you in the future. I am going to have a lot of parts listed here shortly Ive just been caught up in family matters

I leaned something more than just what the original poster wrote.

I got involved, it worked out, and if I go to buy something in the future from this guy I have a little bit better understanding of whats up with him.

I hear what you guys are saying about the mob thing and I take back when I said that 'if a bunch of us ask maybe it'll help'.
-Mark

I gots no beef with you either madrone my friend... :) but... you could possibly make things worse for the OP when you start bombarding the seller with and questioning their morals... I know it would piss me off to get a question from someone not even relevent to the sale...

I didn't tell anybody what to do either... just stating that the mob mentality will not help the guy dealing with the seller in the long run.

Hope all works out for ya Rick. It seems to be that a lot of sellers have relatives "in the hospital" when something goes awry... seen it before. You've taken the correct steps... :)

The dragging of e-bay problems out to the forum here
is not a good idea, especially if both parties are members here, it would make for a big squabble.

And then I had a group gang up on me...while I was trying my hardest to resolve issues...

Now...I did better than good with this buyer....he was all smiles....

The whole time cursing the bastid for trying to mark me a fraud on a public forum. Now, if a buyer has exhausted all outlets...and I'm still an arse, by all means. Beat me up in all ways I deserve it...but don't do that FIRST, for cryin' out loud. Cheapens everyone involved.

Apples to Oranges dude... and my Dad's bigger than your dad... :rolleyes:

Gary

For starters, my name is not "dude"
My dad's pretty big.
I don't much like oranges, but apples are fine.

And just because It's pouring out and i'm sick as a dog doesn't mean I'm so bored that i'm gonna drag this thing out any more.

No offense meant, definitely non taken.

Back to the good stuff:chainsaw:

DANG!!!...........unlockin' an unloadin'........kickin' stones.......mumblin'..........DANG !!!..............

Geez Gary ya'll no fun anymore...............:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Back