Ebay Shaft

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doc874

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Ebay Shaft??

Just bought an item of ebay, a Husky parts saw i had bid on earlier, i emailed seller asking if he'd ship to Canada ( Shipping cost to US 25 bucks ) he said yes, but, it would be alittle bit more for Canada. Well i won for 45 bucks and he sends me the shipping cost and its 50 bucks for shipping. This guy is rooking folks in shipping for extra cash, that is the lowest form of rip off on fleabay i can think of. I am blowing off steam now and its not making me any less angry.

Last edited:
He said that shipping would be double to Canada. I didn't know that was you asking. Glad I got outbid.....

Canada Post

I've had a few things shipped from Canada, including a couple of saws lately.

Shipping was certainly much more expensive than from within the US, maybe not double but close to it.

On top of that, it took perhaps 3 weeks for the stuff to arrive...

Mark

Just bought an item of ebay, a Husky parts saw i had bid on earlier, i emailed seller asking if he'd ship to Canada ( Shipping cost to US 25 bucks ) he said yes, but, it would be alittle bit more for Canada. Well i won for 45 bucks and he sends me the shipping cost and its 50 bucks for shipping. This guy is rooking folks in shipping for extra cash, that is the lowest form of rip off on fleabay i can think of. I am blowing off steam now and its not making me any less angry.
Which method is he using to ship it to you with? USPS Global Priority Mail is very high and UPS is outrageous. The cheapest is USPS parcel post, but it may be a month before you see your item. I have all but quit shipping saws to the Great White North because it is so high

Just started selling stuff on ebay again after a 10 year hiatus. Things aint like they used to be. As near as I can figure, anything over 4lbs must go priority USPS (no surface) for international shipping. Ebay is now very automated. Shipping is figured at the end of the auction and is automatically added to the invoice that is sent to your buyer. All payments are now paypal only. Whole system seems to be rigged to pad ebay coffers. Not trying to give an excuse but us sellers are on a new learning curve here too.

Which method is he using to ship it to you with? USPS Global Priority Mail is very high and UPS is outrageous. The cheapest is USPS parcel post, but it may be a month before you see your item. I have all but quit shipping saws to the Great White North because it is so high

USPS. I realize it can be expensive for courier type service and then there's the issue of customs, all courier services MUST go through customs which is why i like USPS, that way its a 50/50 chance of getting nailed with customs. I guess i have sticker shock, i have purchased quite a few saws and parts from the US and never was it this high, even with B&C. I will be seriously thinking of reducing my US purchases in the future which is a problem for anyone trying to collect because that is where the bulk of items saw related are. Not much can be found in Canada on ebay.ca.

If you go USPS to Canada from the U.S., the two options are Priority mail international and Express international. I had a lot of saw parts sent to me from Canada, that would have been $12.95 in a flat rate box via Priority from Maine. The cost from Nova Scotia for the same package was $35.00.

If you go USPS to Canada from the U.S., the two options are Priority mail international and Express international. I had a lot of saw parts sent to me from Canada, that would have been $12.95 in a flat rate box via Priority from Maine. The cost from Nova Scotia for the same package was $35.00.

Well it might be legit but i have never paid that much to a seller from the US for shipping, with Customs added ( paid to courier service for customs fees) i've paid more in total for shipping. If he said shipping would be double than i'm the idiot for not paying attention!

Some people wont sell to us because it's to expensive.
I ordered $35 worth of parts, seller uses UPS only, shipping was $5 border fees came to $38 the parcel was a padded envelope, a few ounces, I informed the driver there will never be a brown truck in my driveway again!!!
As UPS does the border thing.

Some people wont sell to us because it's to expensive.
I ordered $35 worth of parts, seller uses UPS only, shipping was $5 border fees came to $38 the parcel was a padded envelope, a few ounces, I informed the driver there will never be a brown truck in my driveway again!!!
As UPS does the border thing.

Yea i been burnt by couriers as well. This is coming USPS. Here is the listing info, i did ask if he'd ship to Canada and the answer is there if he had said double cost, i would have cut and run. I have spoken to the seller through email and he said he would refund any over cost from shipping I wonder if he'd have offered that if i hadn't asked the reason shipping was so high? I don't hold any grudge aganist the seller and i don't mind paying for packing etc.... as long as its clearly stated in the listing. I also don't like getting burnt and so far thats only been by courier/customs.

Sign out Français | Site Map

aAll CategoriesAntiquesArtAutomotiveBabyBooksBusiness & IndustrialCameras & PhotoCell Phones & PDAsClothing, Shoes & AccessoriesCoins & Paper MoneyCollectablesComputers & NetworkingCraftsDolls & BearsDVDs & MoviesElectronicsEntertainment MemorabiliaGift CertificatesHealth & BeautyHome & GardenJewellery & WatchesMusicMusical InstrumentsPottery & GlassReal EstateSpecialty ServicesSporting GoodsSports Mem, Cards & Fan ShopStampsTicketsToys & HobbiesTravelVideo GamesEverything ElseAdvanced Search

Categories Motors Stores

Buy Sell My eBay Community Help

##1##
##2##

Back to My eBay Listed in category: Home & Garden > Yard, Garden & Outdoor Living > Outdoor Power Equipment > Chainsaws > Parts & Accessories

The Seller sent you payment information on 20-Jan-09 specifying the total payment amount.

Click the Pay Now button to confirm shipping, get the total price, and arrange payment through: PayPal.

Other actions for this item:
You can manage all your items in My eBay and do the following:
Mark payment sent for this item.
Leave feedback for this item.
View.
:

This item has been added to My eBay for Guests.
As a guest, you can:
Track up to 10 items on this computer in My eBay
Receive an email reminder for this item a few hours before it ends

View larger picture

Winning bid: US $45.00
(approximately C $56.17)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ended: 20-Jan-09 13:45:26 EST
Ships to: United States
Item location: singer, LA, United States
History: 7 bids
Winning bidder: joev9519( 169169)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can also: Email to a friend

Listing and payment details:
Starting time: 17-Jan-09 13:45:26 EST
Starting bid: US $14.99
Payment methods: PayPal (preferred)
See details

Member: since 20-Oct-07 in United States

See detailed feedback
Ask seller a question
Add to Favourite Sellers
View Seller's other items

Contact the seller instantly

Buy safely
1. Check the seller's reputation
Score: 5353 | 100100% Positive
See detailed feedback
2. Check how you're protected

Description Seller assumes all responsibility for listing this item.

Item Specifics - Item Condition
Condition: Used

Brand : Husqvarna Product Type : Chainsaw Parts & Accessories
Trimmer & Edger Type : chainsaw Power : Gas

This translation is provided as a service. eBay cannot guarantee its accuracy. View Item Specifics in original language.

Up for sale is a Husqvarna 61? part saw. This saw is rebuildable or for parts. Not froze up. Maybe something wrong with compression or head maybe not. Saw is sold as-is. I have alot of other Husqvarna partsaws i'm going to be listing so check out my other listings.

Select a picture

Learn about eBay counters
Questions from other members

Question & Answer Answered On
Q: Hi Will you ship to Canada? Thanks. Joe 17-Jan-09
A: Yes but shipping will be a little more.
Ask seller a question

Shipping and handlingShips to
United States

Shipping and Handling To Service
US $25.00 United States US Postal Service Priority Mail®
2 to 3 business days*
Free shipping United States Local Pickup

2 to 3 business days*

2 to 3 business days*

Shipping insurance

Not offered

Return policyThe seller will not accept returns for this item.

Payment details
Payment method Preferred/Accepted Buyer protection on eBay

Seller Preferred

Learn about payment methods

Helpful information
eBay recommended services

Other options
Back to My eBay | Report this item | Printer Version | Sell one like this

About eBay | Announcements | Security Centre | Policies | Site Map | Help

Copyright © 1995-2008 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the eBay User Agreement and Privacy Policy.
eBay official time

Last edited:
Yeah, UPS sucks. $30+ fee on everything just for crossing the border. What can Brown do for me? Keep your hands off my stuff, please!

Not sure you can name couriers here but they are all obligated to go through customs so if you buy from the US, find out if the seller will ship USPS and get a shipping quote, ( remember its a "quote") actual cost could be abit different but should not be outrageous. I appreciate all US sellers even if they won't ship to me but i always ask first, if it isn't in the listing.

The couriers have to go through customs, but I don't see anything that requires them to charge you a $35 "brokerage" fee for doing it. That's got to be a huge profit center for United Parcel Smashers.

Agreed, thats why i ask the seller to ship USPS, after all your paying the shipping cost and it should be up to the buyer, if its not already stated in the listing that the seller uses a specific courier for shipping only.

He may not be ripping you off as bad as you think, I don't know how much the saw weighs but I just shipped a saw (20 lb package) to Canada via usps and it cost $49.64 and I buy my postage online and get a commercial discount. It's probably $52-$53 if you just take it in to the post office.

I make my living on eBay and ship all over the world everyday and like was mentioned earlier in this thread anything over 4lbs going out of the US can only be shipped priority now, the days of cheap "surface" rates are long gone. And, there was just another price increase as of 1/18/09. It sucks that it's gotten so expensive...

that's why I don't ship out of the US, people feel like I'm ripping them off on the shipping.............you should have gotten an exact quote first....as for reporting it, what is there to report???

Last edited:

UPS sucks my balls for shipping out of Country. Ripoff, brokerage fees, ect.
Always use USPS, I've shipped a couple saws to the US in the last month, and both times it was about $30-$35

Back