Echo cs500 vs cs530

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In this case, I would rather have a 550xp and not have to mod it....just sayin.

Also, I doubt that either of the two echos mentioned can cut as fast as a 550, or match the ergonomics of the 550.

you will be quite supprised my friend...

Until that 550 has to be "plugged in" to be fixed.:msp_thumbdn:

True, but I wonder why, if the echo's are direct competition to the 550's and 346's, why is not one used in the world logging competition? They use huskys, stihls, jonesereds, and dolkitas, but not one echo....surely if they could compete they would?

I really like the cs400 though, and that aluminum handle with adjustable oiler is just a well balanced great saw...it is on my short list of small saws after I get my 445.

Until that 550 has to be "plugged in" to be fixed.:msp_thumbdn:

They'll all be that way soon. The upside is that the saw runs fantastic. In high altitudes, low altitudes, all temperatures, humidity, etc. Time will tell whether it's cost-effective to fix the AT systems. I suspect it will be. Meanwhile...I'm LOVING my 550XP. It wails, screams, snarls and generally tears the wood a new %$#@$%le.:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

A muff modded Cs400 is twice the saw a cheapo 435 Husky is. Twice the quality and way more power both muff modded.

Do you mean that if both are modded then the cs400 is better? My 435 outcuts my friends cs400 by a good margin, both stock, and the 435 runs a real bar and chain...not trying to be a smart ass:dunno:

The 290 is one of the lowest margin saws in the line and is actually discontinued. The 291 has taken it's place, nope not pushing Stihl, puching the fact that the majority are made in the USA by American workers, by a company that continues to invest in the American worker, they could have buil their new bar plant anywhere in the world but they chose VA, now they have 29 acres under roof at VA Beach and planning on expanding even more. They have found the American worker can make a product that is as good or better than any made anywhere in the world. Answer this, as a Echo dealer would you get tired of people bringing in printed off ebay pricing on saws new in the box that are priced cheaper than your cost? Their distro is jacked up to say the least. You can buy them direct from Echo on line, down at Home Depot, regional farm chains like Orscelons here in Missouri, off fleabay, do they have to carry parts or have techs to support them like a dealer, no they don't have to have that expense. Just get on ebay of go to any dealer, Echo saws won't hold a fraction of the resale value that Husky or Stihl does.
Do you really agree that 271's,310's,352's etc are really professional grade saws as they advertise, not hardly, every brand has it's turds, but you need to stand on the other side of the counter to fully understand their distro mentality as well as the warranty issues. I can walk out the back door and cut with any saw I want to on any given day, I'm just not impressed, are they cheaper, yea, will the new Echo's be around for twenty/thirty years like the old ones I don't think so, try to go to your dealer and order new oem parts for your
520 twenty years from now, they won't be there like the other two major players.

Your bs is way over knee deep and getting deeper every time you post, the fact you say you don't push Stihl just proves it. Steve

True, but I wonder why, if the echo's are direct competition to the 550's and 346's, why is not one used in the world logging competition? They use huskys, stihls, jonesereds, and dolkitas, but not one echo....surely if they could compete they would?

I really like the cs400 though, and that aluminum handle with adjustable oiler is just a well balanced great saw...it is on my short list of small saws after I get my 445.

So feature for feature get a cs450 instead of the 445 just an option.:msp_smile:

A muff modded Cs400 is twice the saw a cheapo 435 Husky is. Twice the quality and way more power both muff modded.

Oh yeah...the echo's side cover is a thin (thinner than my $40.00 earthquake thin) plastic...the "cheapo" 435's is metal...

Filtration wise....the echo's design is the better and the adjustable oil pump is a nice feature. Metal handle with that nice coating is a thumbs up too. And equally well balanced.

So feature for feature get a cs450 instead of the 445 just an option.:msp_smile:

445...$200.00

cs450...275 on fleabay when you can find one.

Plus, the cs400 will be a fun to mod saw to see what all the modding fuss is about.

If I were to buy something in the $500 range, I would rather not mod it while warranty was in effect....with echo that is a whole 5 years...I wouldn't make it:hmm3grin2orange:

Do you mean that if both are modded then the cs400 is better? My 435 outcuts my friends cs400 by a good margin, both stock, and the 435 runs a real bar and chain...not trying to be a smart ass:dunno:

I believe your stock 435 outcuts a stock CS400 with it's clogged up muff. Muff modd them both and report back. Also the CS400 has way more quality. Steve

445...$200.00

Plus, the cs400 will be a fun to mod saw to see what all the modding fuss is about.

If I were to buy something in the $500 range, I would rather not mod it while warranty was in effect....with echo that is a whole 5 years...I wouldn't make it:hmm3grin2orange:

And is that 445 new or a refurb?

445...$200.00

Joe CS400 saws modd nice, stock(tuned right) just a average 40 cc saw, muff modded hugh improvement. Cut times went from 15 seconds to 8 -1/2 - 9 seconds. Steve

And is that 445 new or a refurb?

Refurb...which I have had good luck with. That is with shipping.

My 435 was a refurb, the one I got first was low on compression (which they are anyway...detuned 440) but it got returned free and a new one sent before the old one got back to the mothership...new one has 20 more psi at high elevation. 145 at sea level with the math...and it screams through wood.

They sold some 445 refurburbs for $169 for a while and there are tons of them out there which make a person wonder why. Steve

I have seen first hand how idiots who buy at lowes either f up a saw, or use it and take it back...which then it gets the once over at some repair place and resold.

I bought a refurb poulan blower for 55 bucks shipped and have used the piss out of it...still is a champ. And it outblows:msp_smile: our echo blowers at work by a long shot....but at a major weight difference (and not in the poulans favor).

I even run my poulan blower at 70:1 amsoil...it will not die, the darn thing!

Joe CS400 saws modd nice, stock(tuned right) just a average 40 cc saw, muff modded hugh improvement. Cut times went from 15 seconds to 8 -1/2 - 9 seconds. Steve

I will def. buy the cs400...plus, I think it is a better looking saw all around. I also need to earn my modding stripes so 200-225 on ebay will be easier to stomach than 300 at HD.

I will def. buy the cs400...plus, I think it is a better looking saw all around. I also need to earn my modding stripes so 200-225 on ebay will be easier to stomach than 300 at HD.

as of current no one makes a high quality 40cc saw except for echo, tanaka, and dolmar no matter what you hear. stihl is bringing the 241 i hear but as of current if you want a PRO-GRADE 40cc saw for price and and ergonomics and all the above the CS400 can't be beat. you will be happy just get a dust cover for you 435...you won't be picking it up much:hmm3grin2orange:

I stand on the other side everday. the made in america bs is unbeleivable the should say ASSEMBLED IN THE US. you cannot tout quality of a brand for as long as they are using chinese cylinders that look worse than the AM kits PERIOD. if people buy there saws online and there arent dealer setup(which we do for free obviously when they buy from us) and they run them and break em, echo will ask us if it was a setup issue. if it is we say yes then then the receipt for joe blows ebay equip store gets sent...and 9/10 times no warranty! a manufacturer is only required to make parts for 7 years after a model leaves the market, and with the tightening budgets you can be sure stihl is cutting support for older models. all i'm saying is the pot shouldn't call the kettle black cause they are both making coffee and everybody is enjoying.

i personally won't bother with a stihl saw unless it says MAHLE on the cyl....just preference i guess

Far as P@C quailty goes Echo is nothing but high quailty as some of builders on here stated. A CS400 piston is a work of art , feels like wieghs about 1 oz. Also OEM is reasonable not ripoff. Steve

Latest posts

Back