Echo cs500 vs cs530

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Far as P@C quailty goes Echo is nothing but high quailty as some of builders on here stated. A CS400 piston is a work of art , feels like wieghs about 1 oz. Also OEM is reasonable not ripoff. Steve

that was all aimed a stihl not echo, and i was explaining what echo's supposed warranty issue is. you cannot blame a company for it's customers incompetance. of all the people worried about warranty no one actually reads the rules and instructions

Last edited:
I do think Echo sends out saws lean and they burn up and then they blame it on bad gas, most likely there are cases of bad gas also. Here I could care less about a warrenty as my saws get tuned right before cutting with them. Steve

So what's new, 2013 has started as usual with the echo crowd pushing their wimpy saws as "pro-grade" yet you'll notice the same echo brigade always compare their echos with the bottom-of-the-line husky and stihl homeowner plastic stuff. Speaks volumes to anyone with half a brain. Showing cookie-cutter vids and claiming a tinpot echo "equals" a pro-grade stihl/husky "as long as you doctor the engine and muffler etc " is clueless nonsense

When the going gets tough the echo ALWAYS loses the plot on ya. Ask the pnw loggers, how many wield an echo day in day out? The echo brigade are soooo lacking in real world knowledge. Echos have no fire in their bellies, just a plain mediocre and bland product de-tuned to live out it's cheesy and dodging 5-year warranty con. The pro stihls and huskys have always packed a rip-snorting engine and are always in another league. Keep the echos for your backyard, that's where they belong.

So what's new, 2013 has started as usual with the echo crowd pushing their wimpy saws as "pro-grade" yet you'll notice the same echo brigade always compare their echos with the bottom-of-the-line husky and stihl homeowner plastic stuff. Speaks volumes to anyone with half a brain. Showing cookie-cutter vids and claiming a tinpot echo "equals" a pro-grade stihl/husky "as long as you doctor the engine and muffler etc " is clueless nonsense

When the going gets tough the echo ALWAYS loses the plot on ya. Ask the pnw loggers, how many wield an echo day in day out? The echo brigade are soooo lacking in real world knowledge. Echos have no fire in their bellies, just a plain mediocre and bland product de-tuned to live out it's cheesy and dodging 5-year warranty con. The pro stihls and huskys have always packed a rip-snorting engine and are always in another league. Keep the echos for your backyard, that's where they belong.

Troll, Indiana springs and now the 3rd stooge is here. Steve

This thread was ruined from post #7 .........

[video=youtube;Sviai-HqP5E#t=255s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Sviai-HqP5E#t=255s[/video]

that was a stihl axe, an echo axe would've bounced off the tree

The ax scene....

[video=youtube;Sviai-HqP5E#t=379s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Sviai-HqP5E#t=379s[/video]

Don't have to be a PNW logger as a family business we will sell 350 to 400 cords a year, more cut in a week than most cut in five years, one of the hired hands uses a 520, it's a reliable saw, built well, just not comparable to the top true pro saws and you don't have to do alot of work on them to get the performance out of them, a little 540,000 sq ft of offices, warehousing and mfg just isn't the commiment to the American worker it should be, Echo has the potential to be great, but just seems to be very conservative in compression, and rpms, I love the old horizontal echo's, seemed like it just hasn't been the same, maybe it'll change. Going the big box route sure isn't going to help. I don't hate Echo's wish they just performed the same as my little 302, it's an Echo worth owning anytime, rather own it than a new 400.

interesting you should tell that to all the people who bought echos and dolmars at my work...most transferred from a stihl and the occasional husky. here people don't listen to banter. they like to buy things that last and work very well. and fire rescue saws and construction is probly the roughest use of saws.....guess who is huge in that market around these parts:D to each their own you know. the "BEST" is subjective and again for a company with alot of saws around here they use echo, most of the tree guys use echo's except for the larger 65cc+ saws. please i would love to know what is so bad about echo's tinpot saws vs stihl and huskys best offering. honestly what you've heard through the grapvine about echo ain't nothing like what i've actually have withnessed and worked on...

and Indiansprings...the flag waving is getting old...real old did you see my mention of chinese p/c's?

Last edited:
please i would love to know what is so bad about echo's... honestly what you've heard through the grapevine about echo ain't nothing like what i've actually e witnessed and worked on...

it's not so much the saws themselves, again they're just plain mediocre saws and that's it. Rather it's the B.S. sales pitch from echo, their cheesy publicity blurb is all based on lies and mis-information targeted to greenhorns and the uninitiated, the new echo buyer will walk from the echo dealer convinced his shiny echo will mix it with "the big guns" I've seen it a hundred times, tyros turning up on the job with a half-price echo expecting big things from it. By days end they're shaking their heads and they know they made a big mistake by going cheap. Talk about naive! The echo company has no scruples and they're dodgy and evasive when the pressure is applied. Basically it's the whole echo company that sucks

it's not so much the saws themselves, again they're just plain mediocre saws and that's it. Rather it's the B.S. sales pitch from echo, their cheesy publicity blurb is all based on lies and mis-information targeted to greenhorns and the uninitiated, the new echo buyer will walk from the echo dealer convinced his shiny echo will mix it with "the big guns" I've seen it a hundred times, tyros turning up on the job with a half-price echo expecting big things from it. By days end they're shaking their heads and they know they made a big mistake by going cheap. Talk about naive! The echo company has no scruples and they're dodgy and evasive when the pressure is applied. Basically it's the whole echo company that sucks

have you owned an echo product? as of so far echo's been the best warranty around here then followed closely by dolmar. husky has decent warranty and stihls is terrible around here. if your new guy shows up with a CS400 with an 18" and cuts next to the guys with a 362 with an 18" i'm sure hes gonna feel like "echo" let him down...but then he could have just gone back and got the 600P and hung right with em. husky is the darling child around here but echo has moved into the second spot. no BS just saying the last era of stihl saws has put alot of people off. and alot of guys like the solid feel of the echos vs the spongy huskys/stihls(myself included)

Last edited:

Before I start, I am not a pro...I do plenty of side work removing diseased trees, however.

I want to know what you think of the husky 435...you are opinionated (I like that) and won't beat around the bush on this...

have you owned an echo product? as of so far echo's been the best warranty around here ... just saying the last era of stihl saws has put alot of people off. and alot of guys like the solid feel of the echos vs the spongy huskys/stihls(myself included)

Never OWNED an echo coz I've been swinging on work saws in the bush for decades and know what's good and what's not, have tried the echos time and again and despite all the hoopla and hype they've never ever impressed. Again echos are suited as home-owner saws or as a backup to the real pro-grade saws. It's not rocket science, the pro stihls and huskys stomp the echos regardless... And having the "best" warranty is meaningless, stihl or husky or dolmar or whatever could stifle the porting and de-tune their engines and throw in a 10 year warranty with it, but who wants that? Home-owners? It's just a cheesy marketing ploy is all. A 5-year warranty is echos main tactic to sell their brand, it doesn't make their saws any "better" than the cheap stihl and husky models at all. If the echo crowd pulled their heads in and stopped claiming their saws as "equal" to the top pro-saws then there wouldn't be any arguments and they wouldn't cop any flak from the likes of me. Won't be holding my breath for that to happen though.. :msp_lol:

Before I start, I am not a pro...I do plenty of side work removing diseased trees, however.

I want to know what you think of the husky 435...you are opinionated (I like that) and won't beat around the bush on this...

Joe those 435 huskys are a proven saw, those and the similar previous models are a favourite for farmers down here, there's usually always one on the farm somewhere, suited well for general all-round use, clearing windblow, a bit of firewood, tipping over the odd tree here and there, cutting fence posts etc.. sort of thing your run-of-the-mill echo will do the same... but it's not hard-out professional use by any means

as of current no one makes a high quality 40cc saw except for echo, tanaka, and dolmar no matter what you hear. stihl is bringing the 241 i hear but as of current if you want a PRO-GRADE 40cc saw for price and and ergonomics and all the above the CS400 can't be beat. you will be happy just get a dust cover for you 435...you won't be picking it up much:hmm3grin2orange:

RedMax would take issue with your claim.

Never OWNED an echo coz I've been swinging on work saws in the bush for decades and know what's good and what's not, have tried the echos time and again and despite all the hoopla and hype they've never ever impressed. Again echos are suited as home-owner saws or as a backup to the real pro-grade saws. It's not rocket science, the pro stihls and huskys stomp the echos regardless... And having the "best" warranty is meaningless, stihl or husky or dolmar or whatever could stifle the porting and de-tune their engines and throw in a 10 year warranty with it, but who wants that? Home-owners? It's just a cheesy marketing ploy is all. A 5-year warranty is echos main tactic to sell their brand, it doesn't make their saws any "better" than the cheap stihl and husky models at all. If the echo crowd pulled their heads in and stopped claiming their saws as "equal" to the top pro-saws then there wouldn't be any arguments and they wouldn't cop any flak from the likes of me. Won't be holding my breath for that to happen though.. :msp_lol:

i like your crusade sounds noble:D. sound like you hate their marketing dept more than the saws. which ever ways you slice it, they are good saws, like it or not. and honestly there was very little PRO about the last generation of smaller stills except for their marketing there new saws are a HUGE improvement, and husky's last generation it swaped plastic bottom ends on good top ends and all this goofy crap so unless you go on this site you'd be hard pressed to figure out which p/c or crankcase you got. a 500P may not for some forsaken reason be a PRO saw to you(even though it's built like the 346 and 261:msp_razz:) but i can tell you atleast they are consistent...and no ******* flippy caps. but what do i know i'd tak emy 3400 poulan over all of em...:cheers:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back