Echo cs500 vs cs530

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just sold my Stihl MS362 and kept my Echo CS600-p and I have not looked back , the Echo is way better IMO .

sigh.. this is what I'm talking about, the cheaper 4hp echo is "way better" than the dearer 4.6hp pro-stihl... yeah, and I just saw a big flock of pink pigs flying past my window :still_dreaming:

sigh.. this is what I'm talking about, the cheaper 4hp echo is "way better" than the dearer 4.6hp pro-stihl... yeah, and I just saw a big flock of pink pigs flying past my window :still_dreaming:

I would sell the stihl....resale is much higher:msp_biggrin::jester:

man you guys are throwing around echo's book specs huh...doing the trolls dirty work are we?:rolleyes2:

come one let us echo guys have our mutual admiration society...you guys have the rest of the damn forum!:wink2:

Last edited:
Back to the original question.

Don't lump the Echo CS500P in with all of the other Echos sold at Home Depot. The CS500P is a Shindaiwa design, mag case, no CAT muffler, and will run with any other 50cc saw out there.

I suggest checking out the other threads, take the covers off of one, and take a look inside before you assume it's just another POS homeowner saw. If it was another shade of orange with a Swedish or German name it, they would be flying off of the dealer's shelves.

Just bought a 530 it was $440 otd. Used it all day yesterday couldn't be happier.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Hahahaahahaha!!!

I had to show you guys this...sorry if it is old news to ya....

[video=youtube_share;KmJMXVhvV6I]http://youtu.be/KmJMXVhvV6I[/video]

Guess thats one way to speed em up....post production edit speed up that is!

Last edited:
Hahahaahahaha!!!

I had to show you guys this...sorry if it is old news to ya....

[video=youtube_share;KmJMXVhvV6I]http://youtu.be/KmJMXVhvV6I[/video]

Guess thats one way to speed em up....post production edit speed up that is!

sorry to inform yah but i'd watch the clothes on the lines behind him....it's not sped up:laugh: good try though
i can't bet yah that that ain't no work saw though, hes got a vid of an 8000 too thats a total bad ass

Last edited:
sorry to inform yah but i'd watch the clothes on the lines behind him....it's not sped up:laugh: good try though
i can't bet yah that that ain't no work saw though, hes got a vid of an 8000 too thats a total bad ass

Good eye on the clothes, that doesn't look like very solid wood either. We've seen marshmellow wood in quite a few vids on here. Steve

Good eye on the clothes, that doesn't look like very solid wood either. We've seen marshmellow wood in quite a few vids on here. Steve

Actually, turns out this guy builds hotsaws and this one is his stock apperance one....flame away, and then after that watch this...

[video=youtube_share;73JF-GdIIGs]http://youtu.be/73JF-GdIIGs[/video]

Thought it sounded too much like a rabid yellowjacket to not be sped up....I have seen other members modded, respectable cutting echos on youtube. Wonder if this guy is a member here?

I dont know much about the power of the Echo Vs the Stihl and dont care but I know the Echo actually starts and the Stihl MS362 was a crap shoot as far as starting 90% of the time , now my Stilhl 044 always starts with zero drama and my MS250 is also a crap shoot as far as starting , and yes I know how to start a chainsaw , all be damned if I am going to say three hail marries while doing jumping jacks to start a $600 saw :(

Actually, turns out this guy builds hotsaws and this one is his stock apperance one....flame away, and then after that watch this...

[video=youtube_share;73JF-GdIIGs]http://youtu.be/73JF-GdIIGs[/video]

Thought it sounded too much like a rabid yellowjacket to not be sped up....I have seen other members modded, respectable cutting echos on youtube. Wonder if this guy is a member here?

nice little limber there..I think it cuts just a wee bit faster than my stock 8000

;)

I dont know much about the power of the Echo Vs the Stihl and dont care but I know the Echo actually starts and the Stihl MS362 was a crap shoot as far as starting 90% of the time , now my Stilhl 044 always starts with zero drama and my MS250 is also a crap shoot as far as starting , and yes I know how to start a chainsaw , all be damned if I am going to say three hail marries while doing jumping jacks to start a $600 saw :(

My buddies cs400 is the same way...2 pulls and it is off and runnin. My former ms170 was 2-3 to pop and 2-3 to start...as are most of them that I have seen including my cousins. I am sure the lack of a primer bulb plays a huge part in this.

As promised compression ratio's of Echo's , you need to pay attention some engines are made by Kioritz and the newer saws are running Yamabiko's.
CS-310 6:7-1
CS-320 6.8-1
CS-370 7.3-1
CS-400 6:5-1 cat muffler
CS-450 7:1-1
CS-500p 7:8-1 Yamabiko do not exceed 12,500 according to mfg's specs out of the box 11,700-11.800
CS-550 7:2-1
CS-600 6.8-1 Kioritz
CS-680 7.6-1 Kioritz
CS-8000 7:6-1 Kioritz
CS -271T 6.6-1 Yamabiko

Trimmers is were they get down in the 5's

Just an example GT 225 5.9-1

The newer strats engines are being made by Yamabiko and the older designs are still being made by Kioritz using cat muffler's to get by the EPA

My biggest concern is how we as dealers are supposed to compete with the internet pricing being lower than our cost, regardless of performance or any other issue, it is VERY frustrating to have folks walk in with printed off EBAY pricing on new saws in the box cheaper than we can buy them, it is a subject I'm bringing up next week at the ECHO Shinny Update meeting, how we have to put cash out to carry parts, and keep techs and Home Depot/ Regional Farm chains don't have to carry parts, pay for techs and have as low or lower pricing than a long term dealer. The distribution thing is very frustrating. I don't blame the guys buying them 50.00 to over a 100.00 cheaper than we could even begin to sell them based on our cost from Echo,but it is a bite in the azz for dealers.
Any reasonable person could see from a business standpoint were it is very frustrating.

Latest posts

Back