Echo's new top handle: CS-355T

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
update

Since I bought it 7days ago ive managed to brake a handle bar and something in the cover broke causing my chain brake to pop on when at.gaull speed the dealer replaced both wasent tp upset but hmmm.. Had.an order for a snowman so I carved with it today to see everything ran ok so...

Since I bought it 7days ago ive managed to brake a handle bar and something in the cover broke causing my chain brake to pop on when at.gaull speed the dealer replaced both wasent tp upset but hmmm.. Had.an order for a snowman so I carved with it today to see everything ran ok so...

What? A little punctuation goes a long way...

Sounds like you are just hard on equipment. You "managed" to break it?
I'm sure I could "manage" to break a lot of things but I try to be more careful. I've known people who could break anything they touch, sounds like you might be related.

Thanks for stereo typing me boot boy i ran the same 192t for three years not one broken part theres a certain degree of strain on a saw when someone with experience uses them

Thanks for stereo typing me boot boy i ran the same 192t for three years not one broken part theres a certain degree of strain on a saw when someone with experience uses them

so how is it running now? that you have it fixed.... do you like it better then the 192????

Funny, I've never broken an Echo, but broke a 192 the very first day I ran one. Ring came off the back and down it went, sixty feet of acceleration didn't hurt it one bit. Less than one inch of decceleration at the bottom was a little hard on it, but it still ran.:D

Mr. HE:cool:

hey borat don't give up your day job your comedy routine fell flat as a pancake, best you bring out the gimp and stick to your hillbilly tricks. google the vid. You're the gimp. Hidds, echos have never ever been "hot" if you wanna describe echos as girlfriends then you're looking at plain, uninteresting, dowdy, lardy, weak and useless. Good for nothing. And these experts praising and crowing as to how good their new echo 335's are, sorry but just greenhorns, wise-up, half price saws are half price for a reason

Yes they are!!!
And that reason is because some of us aren't stupid enough to pay twice as much for a saw just because it has Stihl on the side!

Mike

There's very little difference in the list price on most pro saws, regardless of brand.

Brad, I can't speak for Mike, but I'm pretty sure that he was referring to the list prices of the CS-355T & the Stihl MS 201 T (and the MS 200 T when a NOS one can be found). I'm guessing (which I admit to, unlike some people posting in this thread :msp_ohmy:) the price gap is substantial, maybe around a $200.00 difference ($600.00+ for the 201, $400.00 for a 355T).

Brad, I can't speak for Mike, but I'm pretty sure that he was referring to the list prices of the CS-355T & the Stihl MS 201 T (and the MS 200 T when a NOS one can be found). I'm guessing (which I admit to, unlike some people posting in this thread :msp_ohmy:) the price gap is substantial, maybe around a $200.00 difference ($600.00+ for the 201, $400.00 for a 355T).

That's not a fair comparison. The Echo is built more like the 192 with a clamshell engine. You get what you pay for.

That's certainly a valid point, Brad. I'm following this thread hoping to see some posts about real world/working comparisons between the 355 & 201. Maybe the performance & durability gap between the two isn't as large as some might expect???

hey borat don't give up your day job your comedy routine fell flat as a pancake, best you bring out the gimp and stick to your hillbilly tricks. google the vid. You're the gimp. Hidds, echos have never ever been "hot" if you wanna describe echos as girlfriends then you're looking at plain, uninteresting, dowdy, lardy, weak and useless. Good for nothing. And these experts praising and crowing as to how good their new echo 335's are, sorry but just greenhorns, wise-up, half price saws are half price for a reason

Baaaaaahhhhh ---- boo bahhhh.

Grab your Wellingtons, get out the knee pads, and find your favourite fluffy date.....

That's not a fair comparison. The Echo is built more like the 192 with a clamshell engine. You get what you pay for.

With Stihl you are paying for the NAME . It might be a clamshell (why the dislike for a clamshell is beyond me) but you can bet it has high quality parts and built twice as good as a 192t plus way more power with the closed port motor. The 192t is a top handle ms170. I'm another one that won't spend way more money cuz it says Stihl on it, if I get a pro Stihl cheap fine. Steve

Isn't the CS355T $419 and the MS192T $319? I have an MS192T and do enjoy it in softwood less than four inches DBH. I bought it as a cheaper alternative to a battery powered saw for knocking brush down to fit in a loader bucket. Is the CS355T really 33% better than the MS192T as the pricing should indicate?

There's very little difference in the list price on most pro saws, regardless of brand.

I guess that depends on what one considers a "pro" saw in this instance.
My tree guy uses a 3410 as HIS pro saw and it retails for a couple hundred less than the Stihl.
I've seen a couple of really nice Echos and they are considerably cheaper also.

Mike

Latest posts

Back