Fire sale!! Stihl 201TC

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CIAmike11

I don’t discriminate, all saws welcome
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Haha, no it’s not really for sale, it burned for about 4/5 minutes so I doubt anything is usable anyway. Just wanted to show the community the daily crew f*** up at work

Attachments

• 9C08D41D-65EB-425B-BA62-20CCA3F79509.jpeg
    9C08D41D-65EB-425B-BA62-20CCA3F79509.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 15
  • E418AA22-664B-4646-B10A-BB34781BC13B.jpeg
    E418AA22-664B-4646-B10A-BB34781BC13B.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 15
  • 8D5792E5-EF85-458B-962F-C573B10CBD48.jpeg
    8D5792E5-EF85-458B-962F-C573B10CBD48.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 15
It’s the first time in my career I dropped a saw out of a tree, I was about 40-45 foot up a 120 foot white pine, saw slipped from my hand… as you can see I climb with a shorty lanyard.. a groundie saw me drop it.. ran over, I asked if it was ****ed up and he said it doesn’t look like it, just the air filter cracked… hold on let me try to start it.. well!!! When he pulled the starter cord the saw burst into flames(no not an exaggeration… literally burst into a fireball), around his hands and face. Thank god he wasn’t hurt.. he dropped the saw, as it was fully engulfed… and it laid on the ground burning until two more ground guys helped him put it out… it was damn near full of fuel

It’s the first time in my career I dropped a saw out of a tree, I was about 40-45 foot up a 120 foot white pine, saw slipped from my hand… as you can see I climb with a shorty lanyard.. a groundie saw me drop it.. ran over, I asked if it was ****ed up and he said it doesn’t look like it, just the air filter cracked… hold on let me try to start it.. well!!! When he pulled the starter cord the saw burst into flames(no not an exaggeration… literally burst into a fireball), around his hands and face. Thank god he wasn’t hurt.. he dropped the saw, as it was fully engulfed… and it laid on the ground burning until two more ground guys helped him put it out… it was damn near full of fuel
Never heard of that one before.

Yes I’ve seen similar from a distance. I expect the tank fractured and fuel leaked too close to the spark plug. At least it was your fault and not the groundies…and that the saw hit the ground and not someone’s helmet

Being a saw guy working on them for so long… I really didn’t want him to even try to start it right away I would of checked it out at the end of the day and grabbed another saw to finish the tree I was in and the day. My gut told me to stop him but it happened very quickly

To top it all off… honestly just before topping out said tree I was in when the incident with the 201 happened. I hear a loud bang over the noise of the skid steer and chipper… literally the same groundie that the saw caught in fire with… blew up one of the 262’s flushing a stump haha I was like man… this lot clearing job is going to be in the red for our company by the time we are done

To top it all off… honestly just before topping out said tree I was in when the incident with the 201 happened. I hear a loud bang over the noise of the skid steer and chipper… literally the same groundie that the saw caught in fire with… blew up one of the 262’s flushing a stump haha I was like man… this lot clearing job is going to be in the red for our company by the time we are done
Groundies can be annoying!

Back