First Mod to the 500i

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wasted 5 minutes of my life! First person to post a ‘real’ (not obviously photoshopped) pic of Tom Selleck holding a chainsaw gets this as a prize…View attachment 963231View attachment 963232
I just spent way too much time wading through mustaches to find what you requested. Aside from a new affinity for flowered shirts, I could not locate a pic of selleck holding a chainsaw. Guns, baseball bats, water hoses, drinks, tools, girls, etc. are all there, but no damn saws!

There’s GOT to be one out there LOL.

Dang wanted that cool a$$ keychain too.

I just spent way too much time wading through mustaches to find what you requested. Aside from a new affinity for flowered shirts, I could not locate a pic of selleck holding a chainsaw. Guns, baseball bats, water hoses, drinks, tools, girls, etc. are all there, but no damn saws!

There’s GOT to be one out there LOL.

Dang wanted that cool a$$ keychain too.
Pm me your address and it’s yours 😂

No kidding the SUPER is like Nitrous Oxide Turbo, but easier to spell.

If there were flames it would be completely awesome.

My wife has the Super Magnum Hobart mixer,,,,,,,,,,,,

9qrxvN3.jpg

(Our neighbor "does" street rods,, that is hand painted,,)

And it makes a MEAN cookie,,,,,,,,,,,,

TeyQ2VV.jpg

Probably the only mod I'll make. Big bang for the buck too.

Faster, lighter, more power through out the power band. Yeah Baby!!! :happybanana:

And I even got it on straight and center for even more power. :yes:

View attachment 963188
Better get some fast sunglasses to go with that, highly underestimated in terms of torque at the high rpm range.

So a 046 thats rated 4,5kw at the weight of a 65cc and with a big bore cylinder at 82,5cc costs about 300 dollas, what you payed for yours?

I heard the air filters need fixing?
I tried every which way w/ the stock 500i filter; neoprene gasket washer, o-ring on the top black locking knob-nothing worked to keep particles out of throttle body-and I live in a friggin rain forest cutting 24” Hemlock cookies with it. I’ve been babying this thing too and am just on the 15th tank. I just purchased a Unifilter through Egan Performance. I have not tried it yet, but it’s light years ahead of the Stihl oem set-up. In my opinion, Stihl really dropped the ball here.

I tried every which way w/ the stock 500i filter; neoprene gasket washer, o-ring on the top black locking knob-nothing worked to keep particles out of throttle body-and I live in a friggin rain forest cutting 24” Hemlock cookies with it. I’ve been babying this thing too and am just on the 15th tank. I just purchased a Unifilter through Egan Performance. I have not tried it yet, but it’s light years ahead of the Stihl oem set-up. In my opinion, Stihl really dropped the ball here.
Keep us posted with the results.

I ran a tank through the 500i w/ the Unifilter; saw always starts cold on 3rd pull; it was definitely running richer initially, but this saw seems to compensate quickly. It filters
The unifilter definitely is a superior filter; no fines will ever get past it. Whether people are willing to spend 75.00 on this set-up is up to them. I have no qualms, as I have had CSA for over 30 years and bought the 500i not because I NEEDED another saw, but because I was very curious and wanted a 1st-hand accounting of it👍🏻My overall assessment so far is it’s a tree faller’s dream; it’s not a bucking saw nor a milling saw.

I ordered two more Magnum stickers, one being a Super. I need the power, mo-power on the 400c. I put a second bumper spike on the 400, not expecting much of a power increase, but at least something. Nope! Bumper Spikes = No mo-power.

So I'm back to a guaranteed instant power increase. Da, "Magnum Stickers".

With the 500i the power increase was 13.728%. Not bad, but I'm expecting at least 15% on the 400c. :happybanana:

Seller even sent me an extra sticker as a thank you for the repeat business. 👍

1645570816154.jpeg

LOL I would ALMOST sell my 390xp that's only cut 2 trees and buy another 500i!

I had high hopes to win the lottery this past Friday. I was going to buy a few more 500i and 400s. Sadly it didn't happen, hence the stickers. Mods are fun, but why go crazy. A $3 sticker does me fine. :yes:

I got to get a little hyped up before I put these on. I'm marking my saws for theft recovery, with markings under the saw and covers, and SerNo. Stickers transferred to the Owners Manual. Gots to spot the saw out in the field in the hands of the thief, before I can get a deputy out to match the Serial Number(s) that I will have in my possession.

I ran a tank through the 500i w/ the Unifilter; saw always starts cold on 3rd pull; it was definitely running richer initially, but this saw seems to compensate quickly. It filters

The unifilter definitely is a superior filter; no fines will ever get past it. Whether people are willing to spend 75.00 on this set-up is up to them. I have no qualms, as I have had CSA for over 30 years and bought the 500i not because I NEEDED another saw, but because I was very curious and wanted a 1st-hand accounting of it👍🏻My overall assessment so far is it’s a tree faller’s dream; it’s not a bucking saw nor a milling saw.
Why do you say it’s not a bucking saw?

Latest posts

Back