going bigger. ms460 7900

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a couple ahead already.

Try this:

Hey Tommy, looks like he can fix his filter problem for only $80 :laugh:

Duck.. grumpy Dolmar heads will be after me...:greenchainsaw:

Last edited:
I'm a couple ahead already.

Try this:

Hey Tommy, looks like he can fix his filter problem for only $80 :laugh:

Duck.. grumpy Dolmar heads will be after me...:greenchainsaw:

Well you won't have to duck too long, there aren't that many of them,LOLOL

Been awhile since I been in a brand war but hey, what the hell, tis the season to be jolly right,LOLOLOL

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr okkkkkkkkkk, who threw that shoe at me, hell I was faster than Bush,haha

Last edited:
brand loyalty

I love Stihl as much as I love Chevrolet, Browning, levi's, Coca-cola, etc. I have no Dolmar dealers near me. If I did my brand loyalty may be different. I know what I love, I love what I know and I know I love Stihl..... All roads lead to Rome. For now. Dolmar. PLEASE get it together in the Tri-State area. Buying from big box stores SUCKS!!!!! I will only buy equipment from an independent dealer, I know what they're worth. I love my Stihl Dealer, my next $599 goes to him. He's earned it.

7900 or 460? none of the above.
Go with the sound design and solid horsepower, get the 660.

edit -:popcorn:

Last edited:
Did some of you guys not read his comments? He doesn't have a $1000 budget and he wants the lightest saw possible. Does this not exclude the 660?????????????????????????

Yes we get it, the 660 is a more powerful saw, but it does not fit his criteria...

SO??????? :confused: :dizzy: :) :greenchainsaw: :monkey: :chainsaw: :cheers:

sheesh... just figured for only 11% increase in weight and that you gain 14% in power, he might change his mind.:dizzy: sorry for voicing my opinion. it MUST have been wrong. and you can find nice 660's in the $500-$600 range not 1k.

Did some of you guys not read his comments? He doesn't have a $1000 budget and he wants the lightest saw possible. Does this not exclude the 660?????????????????????????

Yes we get it, the 660 is a more powerful saw, but it does not fit his criteria...

Budgets and CAD have little in common.

Of course if you buy too little saw and have to go back and purchase a bigger saw later, it'd be cheaper to save a little more and bite the bullet.

How's that for budgeting? :cheers:

Last edited:
I love Stihl as much as I love Chevrolet, Browning, levi's, Coca-cola, etc. I have no Dolmar dealers near me. If I did my brand loyalty may be different. I know what I love, I love what I know and I know I love Stihl..... All roads lead to Rome. For now. Dolmar. PLEASE get it together in the Tri-State area. Buying from big box stores SUCKS!!!!! I will only buy equipment from an independent dealer, I know what they're worth. I love my Stihl Dealer, my next $599 goes to him. He's earned it.

Good post. Ya know many don't know it but that Dolmar company won't let Americans build their saws overhere, oh its true, I read it on thier website. They said in so many words us Americans can't match them in quality work.

Now I'm not trying to start anything, (choking) if thats how they feel thats ok with me. I'm just concerned how Volk will feel about that, maybe I best not tell him. Yup I'll just keep that quiet,hehehe

+1...2...and 3

Sobriety is over rated or something?

Need any more help with them trees?(I needaway from the wife and her family hint hint!!) I can bring the mini up this time and we can move some stuff real easy like!! You cut, I move the brush and load the trailer!!

and you can find nice 660's in the $500-$600 range not 1k.

...and you can get a Makita 6401 at Home Crapo for $184.50 and transform it into a 7900 for +$200. ...or you can get a used 046/460 for about $400-500.

Once "used" is thrown into the equation all bets are off. Condition is everything!!

$500 "nice" 660's are as rare as hens teeth. Maybe you could find a burnt out hulk on Ebay for that amount.

Last edited:

Ah.. the purrrrrrfect customer:cheers:

Stay with what you have you dont want heavier but you want faster get a ported 361 seems like goin 60 to 70cc isnt that big a jump and you dont want weight 85-90cc these threads seem to go on forever with indecision

Ah.. the purrrrrrfect customer:cheers:

He's close to being the perfect customer, he's only doing one thing wrong, he's giving OUR 599 to some other guy, dayummm Lake get the jet, we gotta go to Cinny and have talk with that guy, I'll pack the mase......

He's close to being the perfect customer, he's only doing one thing wrong, he's giving OUR 599 to some other guy, dayummm Lake get the jet, we gotta go to Cinny and have talk with that guy, I'll pack the mase......

I guess I forgot to send you a copy of the memo... we'll be getting our share...;)

Back