Help, Talk Me Out Of This!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would like to be able to talk you out of this saw Dan...but, it's just not right for that saw to have to sit there all by its lonesome self. Dan, its your solemn and sacred duty to keep that saw from having to suffer the disgrace and neglect of a solitary lifestyle. People will sing your praises for decades to come and children and women will clamor at your feet in honor of you performing the graceful act of buying this saw...yes Dan, clamor at your feet! You will be a hero...now, you just run on down and pick-up that saw...the glory awaits you...run along now...go get that saw! We want pics by 3pm so that we can share your charity and triumph with the world. :cheers:

It might look just like this,

attachment.php

hey, any chance you could remove the dawgs from the 660 shown there and take a decent photo of them for me. im trying to gather pictures of various stihl dawgs so i can digitize them in autocad and use the waterjet to cut them out. i already have the 051, timberbear, 880, pp260 among a few others. i can adjust the scale but if you were to place 2 measuring tapes perpendicular it wuld be nice. im also looking for the 048 series dawg.

thanks.

dave
[email protected]

I would like to be able to talk you out of this saw Dan...but, it's just not right for that saw to have to sit there all by its lonesome self. Dan, its your solemn and sacred duty to keep that saw from having to suffer the disgrace and neglect of a solitary lifestyle. People will sing your praises for decades to come and children and women will clamor at your feet in honor of you performing the graceful act of buying this saw...yes Dan, clamor at your feet! You will be a hero...now, you just run on down and pick-up that saw...the glory awaits you...run along now...go get that saw! We want pics by 3pm so that we can share your charity and triumph with the world. :cheers:

Dayumm Jim I see some good sales pitches in that post, "glory awaits you", I like that. I'll keep ya updated on how many units I sell using that line, thats a goodie,:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Go for it. You only live once. And that sucker is only going to go up in price down the road.

Dayumm Jim I see some good sales pitches in that post, "glory awaits you", I like that. I'll keep ya updated on how many units I sell using that line, thats a goodie,:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

This is NOT about sales Tom...we're talking about the salvation of this saw! And Dan is on his way to save the day! :hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:
you

You guys are gonna make me buy a 660 too huh? Awww, well there will be one sitting in my garage all brand new in a month or 2. I'm savin' up!!! LOL:greenchainsaw: :) :clap: :cheers:

Been thinkin for two weeks bout that MS660 I saw at local Stihl Dealer couple weeks ago.
Sittin all by itself wearin a 32" bar. Marked down to 9 hundred something (no demand, I guess).
I keep tellin myself, I don't need this saw so...quit thinking about it!
Your 7900 is plenty big for the wood round here so...quit thinkin bout it!

This morning I'm thinkin on driving up there to see if she's still sittin there, all lonesome. :bang:

Somebody please talk me outta this.
(Do I need professional help?)
(Is there a chainsaws anonymous group anywhere?)

Not!

Here at the AS I believe that it is only Blis and me that doesn't need a 90cc saw.....:greenchainsaw:

I believe I'd take the 660 - LOGOSOL VERSION, THAT IS.....

Last edited:
This is NOT about sales Tom...we're talking about the salvation of this saw! And Dan is on his way to save the day! :hmm3grin2orange:

LOL, I feel certain when he comes home with it we will all get some of the glory,hot diggy dog.....

Been thinkin for two weeks bout that MS660 I saw at local Stihl Dealer couple weeks ago.
Sittin all by itself wearin a 32" bar. Marked down to 9 hundred something (no demand, I guess).
I keep tellin myself, I don't need this saw so...quit thinking about it!
Your 7900 is plenty big for the wood round here so...quit thinkin bout it!

This morning I'm thinkin on driving up there to see if she's still sittin there, all lonesome. :bang:

Somebody please talk me outta this.
(Do I need professional help?)
(Is there a chainsaws anonymous group anywhere?)

What is the point of bloody well trying be talked out of buying the saw you have already seen it and you want it and you most probably will not stop thinking about it until you buy it. When it comes to rationalising it is no use asking these guys to talk you out of it because once you have joined this site
you become severely addicted to chainsaws and to boot you turn into a Homer Simpson lookalike and start drooling at the sight of a big chainsaw (arrrrrgggghhhh 066 must buy arrrgggggghhhh).

:p :D

second smart assed analogy: posting this thread asking to talk you out of buying a saw was like walking into an execution chamber once you are in you are screwed and the wife is the executioner :D

Drove up there right before lunch and.....she was still sittin right there in the same spot, cept I was wrong she was wearin a 36" bar. The price tag said $1089.00 with a sticky note stuck on the side---Reduced--$969.00 :bang:

The Stihl salesman was gone to lunch though (reprieve!) so I said "No problem, I haven't had lunch either....I'll be back"

Drove down to the Chinese restaurant all the while thinking "Run....Run while there is still time." Tried to talk myself out of it all thru lunch. Finally decided I'd go back and hit him with some low ball offer, he'd be insulted, run me off and I'm thru with it. Sat out in front of the store and smoked a cig, trying to regain my sanity. I was unsuccessful.

Went in and said "Just what can you do on this saw?"
He said "Well we already got it marked down and all these saws are going up as of the tenth but....if ya really want it howsabout $950.00 and I'll throw in a free chain?"

I caved!

Couple things bothered me...The service guy don't work weekends so the salesman takes her in the back, adds oil & gas, fires her up, revs it a few times and says "Sounds bout right to me" and hands it to me.

The bar says it takes a 114 chain but he says that is wrong and gives me a 115.

Man, is this beast un-weildy with that 36" bar!
I'm thinkin a 32 would be better.

Here is a few pics

My my my my, that saw is a beauty, sure wish I had one like that. Dan ya did great on the price too, good job!!!!

Looking good there. All those saws look neat and clean, that new 660 has a good home,:clap: :clap:

Very nice saw! That is a very good price for it with a 36" bar. You did good!!:greenchainsaw: :) :clap:

Dan is da man! Good price on it too. 36" bar is a smart move on that saw IMO you can always throw a 32", 28", etc...if/when you feel like it. What chain are you running?

Dan, the glory is now upon you! The clamoring of lesser folk will soon beganst! :hmm3grin2orange:

CONGRATS!

Back