Help, Talk Me Out Of This!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
attachment.php

That there is a Damn fine collection ......:clap: :clap:

Congrats

....and I like the way you had a space for it on the wall all along.

Trigger-time, thanks for posting that pic! It's always heart-warming to see a healthy saw in operation. So many saw pics here, the tools look brand new, a few battle scars are nice. :chainsaw:

It looks like you have a 24" bar there. If you are doing that ripping thing a lot, or just generally speaking, you might want to invest in a pair of chaps. They help keep you warm in the winter too.

NO...NO....NO!
No 880.....I'm not listening to you guys anymore!
I'm done I tell you, I'm done buyin saws! (well,maybe:) )

Relax Dan, I'm here to help you. That 880, being a 100% better saw than the new 3120, a powerhouse that can yank a 60 inch chain with ease, a saw that everyone looks at in total awe and wishes they had one, a saw only for the strong, not the meak, a saw I'm gonna lay on Joat at huge savings, yes that saw you don't need. However Joat will have one and you won't, I myself wouldn't stand for that a second but thats just me Dan.

Actually, I had to take my old 029S off the wall to make room.
(In case the better half is countin)

Take heed Dan, Tom is trying to help you...you just go ahead and forget about the 880...Joat will be around plenty often enough to rub your face in it anyways..but you just ignore him as well! You don't need an 880...do yah Dan? :popcorn:

Relax Dan, I'm here to help you. That 880, being a 100% better saw than the new 3120, a powerhouse that can yank a 60 inch chain with ease, a saw that everyone looks at in total awe and wishes they had one, a saw only for the strong, not the meak, a saw I'm gonna lay on Joat at huge savings, yes that saw you don't need. However Joat will have one and you won't, I myself wouldn't stand for that a second but thats just me Dan.

Well said Thall, but we must respect Dan's position on the 880 matter, even if it seems misguided. The 880 is the only saw that has ever thrown me on my butt, and I am a better man for it!

dan , thats ok , you dont need one . im sure if you need something kut , soat will bring his 88 and help you out:) i love mine , im thinking about buying one for the other hand . h

Buy it, I just bought a new saw today after many weeks of agonizing about it! :dizzy:

I have been watchin this all the way. I too sucumbed to temptation. Then one day I was out a driving around actually on a grocery run, and was lured into the dealership by a higher power, I saw nothing but orange and white and.... well lets just say that I had some "splaining" to do when I got home with the milk, bread and a brand new 660.

I have been watchin this all the way. I too sucumbed to temptation. Then one day I was out a driving around actually on a grocery run, and was lured into the dealership by a higher power, I saw nothing but orange and white and.... well lets just say that I had some "splaining" to do when I got home with the milk, bread and a brand new 660.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Glad I'm not the only one that has problems just getting one or two. Gotta try to get the whole family. lol

Congrats!

So what does a new 361, 460, and 660 cost there; out the door so to speak?

50% more counting the tax hike - or - 50% more for the saw alone and you still get taxed on top of that?

This was from another thread on the similar subject. First price is Canadian, iirc, the second is Swedish prices in both local and international currency. The dollar is up to 6.47 now, but the general picture is the same.

When we talk prices here, it's always including sales tax, since there's no way of not having to pay it. Well between businesses sales tax are off, but between consumers and businesses you have to include sales tax in an advertised price.

Last edited:

LMAO I did just the exact same thing yesterday on a delivery, came home with a new 7900. :givebeer:

hey, any chance you could remove the dawgs from the 660 shown there and take a decent photo of them for me. im trying to gather pictures of various stihl dawgs so i can digitize them in autocad and use the waterjet to cut them out. i already have the 051, timberbear, 880, pp260 among a few others. i can adjust the scale but if you were to place 2 measuring tapes perpendicular it wuld be nice. im also looking for the 048 series dawg.

thanks.

dave
[email protected]

Hmmm...I was thinking titanium sheet with a laser...

Latest posts

Back