Husky 372XPG-talk me out of it

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reading between the lines he isn't wanting anyone to talk him out of it... but rather help him justify it. I've been there many times with saw purchases...I had read that the 562 would run like a 70cc saw, but it didn't run with any of mine. Just thought that it was too much money for what it was. Sold it within a week of getting it back. I still have both the 359s and love em. I agree the 562 is a good "one saw" plan but it didn't fit in my plan. I had as much money in the 562 as I had tied up in both 359s. ..The 365/372/576 is due to be replaced soon. If you want a piece of Husq history- arguably the greatest saw they ever made... then grab the 365/372.

Hell now I've talked myself into one......

Price Check on aisle- AS?
Definitely have heard the "562 runs with the 70cc saws" before and appreciate hearing somebody else's thoughts on it.

Another factor is the 372 going away. I think the few guys up here that still hand cut and don't run processors are stockpiling them. It is well respected

Yes, thank you all for the helpful replies. :laugh: I am actually looking for justification. That 372 is a lot of money, but I do want 70 cc and heated handles. I really like the 562 as well, but I have the 60 cc slot pretty well filled, especially if I send my 2159 off to somebody. Just losing the CAT muffler and switching to the mesh air filter woke it up a little. I know there is more potential there. So really thinking 50cc or 70cc size.

The 365 is nice as well, mostly the $$ savings

I'm really liking the 550 too

And angelo brings up a good point, there is a 390 on the shelf right under it...

chillblain territory/70cc/heated handle..

..not seeing a problem yet.....

Fuzley, there are BIG gains in that 359 if you send it to the right builder. Go 365/372xpg. That saw has a Cult following for good reason.

I guess my big question at this point if I had a stock 365 and a stock 372XP and ran them side by side what differences should I expect?

If you buy the saw now, you won't have to agonize over the decision in the future. When the saw goes up in price, you won't tell yourself you should have bought it when it was cheaper. If you don't buy the saw your wife will spend the money on something else, like wallpaper. The newer saws are much more fuel efficient, think of the money you'll save on gas. The 372 will cut faster than your other saws. The time you save can be used to finish up any honeydo's you have hanging (keeping the wife happy is important).
Buy it because it will put a big smile on your face every time you fire it up, reducing the stress in your life and allowing you to live longer.
This a no brainer. Be sure to post pics.
Now here's somebody that knows how to justify a purchase! Acutally I passed up a decent used 372xp a few months ago and I've been regretting it ever since. That's how this all started :cry:

My justification works like this - Do I want it, do I need it, will it earn me more money than it costs, will it get used and can I explain to the wife why I need another chainsaw without laughing or telling porkies.
If yes to above then great, if no, er, well, I buy it anyway!
The Wifey one is the hardest but so far so good, I don't buy $200 jeans or handbags or shoes or wine so I'm in credit

Back