Husqvarna 560XP/562XP Projected Delivery Date

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have four saws with .325 chains on 20" bars and not one of them has ever tightened up on the bar.

We put a brand new Oregon rim sprocket on it from Bailey's also a new Stihl bar and chain just before we started cutting up the tree. We got the 42" sweetgum cut up but the Dolmar did the lion's share.

Well that should have fixed any possible problems there. I've never had any trouble with .325 on 18" bars from pine to locust

I have four saws with .325 chains on 20" bars and not one of them has ever tightened up on the bar.

This is the first one that I have ever seen lock up on the bar. When you remove the chain the bar groove is impacted with super fine powered sawdust. Once you clean the groove out with a pocket knife it's good to go. The chain is cutting and chipping good but there seems to be to many fines when you are all the way in on one side of the tree and it just overwhelms bar channel.

This is the first one that I have ever seen lock up on the bar. When you remove the chain the bar groove is impacted with super fine powered sawdust. Once you clean the groove out with a pocket knife it's good to go. The chain is cutting and chipping good but there seems to be to many fines when you are all the way in on one side of the tree and it just overwhelms bar channel.

.325 is not well suited for such cutting, as there is less room for chip transport - but it also sounds like the chain could be dull.
3/8" skip may work best, with a saw that really is not up to it.....

Yeah well, neither is well suited for that, but you have the better saw. :cheers:

Sunfish, you are correct but there was a small wager involving a steak dinner and the most important thing was bragging rights.
You know I hope he didn't pull that Tom Sawyer-Huckleberry Finn deal on me just to get that tree cut up.

Sunfish, you are correct but there was a small wager involving a steak dinner and the most important thing was bragging rights.
You know I hope he didn't pull that Tom Sawyer-Huckleberry Finn deal on me just to get that tree cut up.

Ya know, him being a long time wood cutter and all, bet he got ya good... :msp_w00t:

Zogger, I just finished a Makita 6401 to 7901 mahle conversion this morning. This boy is hitting hard and feels like the compression is around 185. I put a 28" bar on it and got some red oak logs to cut Saturday. Bailey's had the 6421 on sale last December for $450 and free shipping.

Troll, The MS290 is the best selling saw that Stihl has out of 33 models. It is not a bad Farm and Ranch saw for the price. Stihl is definitely going to have to play catch up when the 560XP and 562XP arrive.

The sales of the 290 is a result of marketing and dealers pushing them on clueless costumers (they probably earn more on selling those than on selling some better saws).

Troll, I have been collecting splitting axes and splitting mauls. I got 6 and they are Gransfors Bruks,Wetterlings,Oxhead and Fiskars all from Sweden,Germany and Finland. I like their steel and craftsmanship.

Last edited:
Troll, I have been collecting splitting axes and splitting mauls. I got 6 and they are Gransfors Bruks,Wetterlings,Oxhead and Fiskars all from Sweden,Germany and Finland. I like their steel and craftsmanship.

I bought a Granfors Bruks "small forest axe" last week for my backpack. Hasn't made it in but should be a great little camping axe. My buddy has their hatchet and it is extemely sharp and impressive for camp work. I just wanted a little longer handle for more leverage. I'll pass my Fiskars down to my son for his backpack. I also considered the Snow and Neally as well as the Husqvarna. May start a collection down the road by adding those.

Latest posts

Back