Husqvarna fuel issues

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Professor

Reaction score
Bought a 359 & a 235 this month. Both start hard after they get warmed up. Called my parts guys in MN and he said the Husqvarna rep told him that it was "vapor lock" caused by the wrong gasoline type.

"WHAT!!!" says I.

"Needs non-oxyengenated premium gas" says he.

Tried to called Husqvarna CS, but was on hold for 20 minutes and gave up.

Any help out there?

Last edited:
You should find a new dealer first off. Not trying to be rude or ignorant, but have you read your owners manual? If your 359 is warm, to restart it, pull out the choke lever (which turns on the stop switch), push back in the choke lever (which engages the starting circuit in the carburator, push in your decompression valve engage the chain brake and give er a pull, blip the thottle once she runs to return to low idle. Give it a try and let me know how you make out. Its a common issue I have to deal with daily, for the previous tech we kept away from the customers, technicians are the best sales people out there, the people out front usually know the saw is orange and the price is.....

may need carburetor adjustment

I purchased a Husqvarna 435 spring of 2009. It, like a lot of new saws,
was lean tuned on the gas mix on the carburetor.
The saws will not only not run right, but might fry P & C.
If the carburetors have a serrated knob adjustment there is a tool
available, I saw 3 of them in a bag hanging behind counter in a local
mower shop this AM, check Fee-Bay.
Redneck engineering will work, too.

"it was "vapor lock" caused by the wrong gasoline type"

That's a bunch of nonsense. I agree with CGC4200, you should try adjusting the carb. Just do a "Fee Bay" search for "Husqvarna carburetor tool". It's the same splined driver used on newer Poulan saws.

The saws should be checked out and adjustments made before you take the saw home from the dealer...............find a new dealer that gives a crap, and just isn't selling a saw in a box opened, and test run by a monkey! Also that "better" dealer will tell you to bring the saw back after 6-10 tanks of fuel so the tech can re-check the carb settings and everything else, and truly dial in your saw.

It's just sad how things are going nowadays. How can anyone expect some pimple faced idiot working at Lowes to provide quality customer service for Husqvarna saws?

It's just sad how things are going nowadays. How can anyone expect some pimple faced idiot working at Lowes to provide quality customer service for Husqvarna saws?

+1

Not that I haven't heard a few goofy things from the Ma and Pa stores also, but when it comes to power equipment, it pays to go someplace that maintains a knowledge base also. My local Stihl dealers are terrifically knowledgeable folks.. the Husky dealer essentially just sells them. In all the time I've gone there, I think the've only had a single part I needed in stock. I think they've got someone in the back somewhere that knows what they're doing, but the goons up front put on a terrible show. Don't even THINK about going in there unless you bring a part number.

I purchased a Husqvarna 435 spring of 2009. It, like a lot of new saws,
was lean tuned on the gas mix on the carburetor.
The saws will not only not run right, but might fry P & C.
If the carburetors have a serrated knob adjustment there is a tool
available, I saw 3 of them in a bag hanging behind counter in a local
mower shop this AM, check Fee-Bay.
Redneck engineering will work, too.

My new Husky dealer recently told me that he routinely "dehorn" the adjustment limiters on the saws that he works on!

Sounds like a good guy! :clap::clap::clap:

My new Husky dealer recently told me that he routinely "dehorn" the adjustment limiters on the saws that he works on!

Sounds like a good guy! :clap::clap::clap:

"adjustment limiters" and I always thought those things were some kind of practical joke. I was always looking around for the candide camera as I was popping them off.

Back