Huztl FarmerTec 070 Build Thread with upgrade info and completed saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
side cover.JPG I am excited about all this. Been reading and just now ordered a extra side cover cause I am going to butcher one of them to follow the lead from the guy who wrote the book on milling...no not Bob. Wonder the best way to cut the cover, its not flat. A bandsaw? I don't have a bandsaw and if that's the right tool. I will call around and find a shop that will do it.

I don't have the tools for assembling the chain, I think buying it in those 25ft rolls is a good idea. One of the best things we can do for the saw and the wood we cut is having a sharp chain to stop and change out as needed, so one will not do for long. When you buy it down at the bottom of the order after you place the order there is a space for a message ask them to include the number of links that comes on that roll in the ad so its easy to figure the loops. I will order one next month and will do the same. maybe they will include that information for all the rolls. One roll would fix you up for a day of milling. I ordered some smaller 16" loops tonight for my 029 and that 14" bar.

.404 Roll
http://www.huztl.net/25FT-Roll-Saw-...hed-Connecting-links-and-6-Boxes-p228089.html

029 16" .325 chain
http://www.huztl.net/325-063-16-inc...-042-044-045-046-048-056-064-066-p431122.html

Well, i did a thing lol. I caved and bought one, the build quality is actually alot better than i expected, mine only took maybe 6 pulls to run out of the box. Now it takes one pull to start it cold. Sounds pretty mean oils like mad. Put it on the scale it weighed 28lbs. Im itching to get my 36" bar and chain to really put it to the test. Heres a comparison pic of the massive size next to my fairly large cs800p20170427_065606.jpg

Well, i did a thing lol. I caved and bought one, the build quality is actually alot better than i expected, mine only took maybe 6 pulls to run out of the box. Now it takes one pull to start it cold. Sounds pretty mean oils like mad. Put it on the scale it weighed 28lbs. Im itching to get my 36" bar and chain to really put it to the test. Heres a comparison pic of the massive size next to my fairly large cs800pView attachment 576361
hows the casting quality look???

Well, i did a thing lol. I caved and bought one, the build quality is actually alot better than i expected, mine only took maybe 6 pulls to run out of the box. Now it takes one pull to start it cold. Sounds pretty mean oils like mad. Put it on the scale it weighed 28lbs. Im itching to get my 36" bar and chain to really put it to the test. Heres a comparison pic of the massive size next to my fairly large cs800pView attachment 576361
It's a fatty. She does oil well.

You should be able to see the quality in the video I did. You can see the pores in it it's so close.

I love the way it sounds. Bommer I was talking to the biggest milling expert here and tried to talk bar length, did not get a straight answer, or a direct answer. Depends is not helpful but does prove you are on your own. I compared a too big of a bar to surfing the web with 256ram with a 386 processor, painfully slow. But you can do it.

I think that is the dilemma.

Well i have a 36" stihl duromatic coming for mine, i noticed after you get longer than 36" in the 3002 mount, bars get real high.

Im goin to have 3 saws to power my mill
1. Echo cs800p 36" for smaller slabs
2. 070 36" for slabs up to 32" wide
3. 056 super 56" for anything beyond 32" wide, yes its to much for a 056 super, but the bar for the super in 56" is half the cost for one for the 070.

As far as the 070 goes i cant vouch for its durability yet, but i know im impressed so far, i didnt think id be huztl kit guy, but im really thinking about doing a 660 and a 372 kit in the future. I like oem better but im not willing to spend that kind of coin to abuse it on a mill, bc i plan to do alot of production milling soon

You got a plan.

Excatly my way of thinking on huztl. I came around for same reasons except early on. I can say the 660 is a fine saw too and you may enjoy the assembly, it's well mapped out no surprises. Can't help on the 372. I do think they have a better husky coming if you do the 660 first maybe by year end the other husky will come.

Soooo. Without perusing 10 pages..... The saw parts kits appear to be complete? For instance can the 361 parts kit be assembled to running form without additional components? Anybody do a 361 yet? Seems like a fun project.

Soooo. Without perusing 10 pages..... The saw parts kits appear to be complete? For instance can the 361 parts kit be assembled to running form without additional components? Anybody do a 361 yet? Seems like a fun project.

Thats the jist i get is when you buy a kit your buying a complete saw... just in pieces.
The 070s are complete units already assembled

Latest posts

Back