Huztl FarmerTec 070 Build Thread with upgrade info and completed saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It started after about ten pulls. I adjusted the low needle and idle stop then fattened up the high side about 1/4 turn. Idles great and starts on first pull.

This was the easiest build that I have done with the huztl kits.
f98300f6d05fbfac61d60ddac34060e4.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

You would be wasting your time and money in my opinion to practice. I would find a video series you can understand and watch it all the way through. Find a thread on the saw you want and read through it. Have a notebook and record post#'s and details, hits, remarks so you can quickly find it later. This is where your time and money would be best spent in "practice".

Thanks. I guess that's a good point about videos. I think the same question applies, if there are videos out there already on building or re-building a saw, are most built pretty much the same? As far as I know, they're all single-cylinder 2-strokes, the bar mounts the same way.... Do the bar oilers work the same? Fuel delivery? Just wondering for any particular video how different the build might be from the 070.

Of course, there's the videos you're making.

@tbohn

can you help me with this while its fresh on your mind?

there are two rings and i only have one, the one i have been showing. the one that looks like it belongs with the clutch.

the other on the ipl goes between the stator and the oil seal. i just noticed i got nothing.
its #2 on this ipl with a part # of 0000 992 5820. i am dead in the water.

I looked at your photo and it looks like you might be bare there as well. The stator is sitting right on the seal and that's not good without whatever this is. I looked on a 090 only ipl and it shows there also. It appears as it comes as a kit according to the way the ipl lists it

oops

sealing ring.JPG

Thanks. I guess that's a good point about videos. I think the same question applies, if there are videos out there already on building or re-building a saw, are most built pretty much the same? As far as I know, they're all single-cylinder 2-strokes, the bar mounts the same way.... Do the bar oilers work the same? Fuel delivery? Just wondering for any particular video how different the build might be from the 070.

Of course, there's the videos you're making.
The internet is big place.

@tbohn

there are two rings and i only have one, the one i have been showing. the one that looks like it belongs with the clutch.

the other on the ipl goes between the stator and the oil seal. i just noticed i got nothing.

I looked at your photo and it looks like you might be bare there as well. The stator is sitting right on the seal and that's not good without whatever this is. I looked on a 090 only ipl and it shows there also. It appears as it comes as a kit according to the way the ipl lists it

oops

View attachment 598441
I didn't have it so I deleted it. The stator is offset from the seal. My guess it was there to keep the points cleaner when they have points.

Here it is with the bar mounted. The chain catcher is too long and is preventing the cover from completely contacting the bar. I will either shorten the metal chain catcher or just pull the cover down with the bar nuts.
4e2f4add0d486376ee9a55fa7636fdf3.jpg
3c27bcb3edce6677959c93d8550f803c.jpg

Nice job. I am going to check into this further on the ring. I have written huztl and I will ask a Stihl guy. It shows up in the distributor price guide.

Here it is with the bar mounted. The chain catcher is too long and is preventing the cover from completely contacting the bar. I will either shorten the metal chain catcher or just pull the cover down with the bar nuts.
4e2f4add0d486376ee9a55fa7636fdf3.jpg
3c27bcb3edce6677959c93d8550f803c.jpg

I had the chain catcher installed incorrectly. It's all good now.

@tbohn

oops

View attachment 598441
The 070 20170827_155906.jpg kit did not have one. Here's the one out of the 090 I'm trying to fix with some hultz cases.

I got word from them it (0000-992-8820 felt gasket) was suppose to be in the kit. guess they did not have a source. i got one from the dealer for 1.82$ i am glad i questioned them that washer looks helpful. Could not find a photo of it anywhere. my stihl guy and my dealer had no reference pics. so that photo again was helpful. should be in this week and i can continue.

i also ordered oem 9462-650-1500 15mm snap rings. i want to see what they look like. they were high dollar. 1.49ea. a 12mm is only .43 each. i might go with the 090 cylinder.

the 4$ test flange arrived so i can test my pressure when that time comes.

070 090 test flange.jpg

I got word from them it (0000-992-8820 felt gasket) was suppose to be in the kit. guess they did not have a source. i got one from the dealer for 1.82$ i am glad i questioned them that washer looks helpful. Could not find a photo of it anywhere. my stihl guy and my dealer had no reference pics. so that photo again was helpful. should be in this week and i can continue.

i also ordered oem 9462-650-1500 15mm snap rings. i want to see what they look like. they were high dollar. 1.49ea. a 12mm is only .43 each. i might go with the 090 cylinder.

the 4$ test flange arrived so i can test my pressure when that time comes.

View attachment 598697
Where are you getting the 090 cylinder kit from? What is the 15mm snap ring for?

Have you found out more about the timing adjustment on the stator plate? I put mine in the middle of the adjustment and it runs good. This has to have an impact on the ignition timing - clockwise adjustment makes the spark sooner, CCW delays the spark.

Where are you getting the 090 cylinder kit from? What is the 15mm snap ring for?

Have you found out more about the timing adjustment on the stator plate? I put mine in the middle of the adjustment and it runs good. This has to have an impact on the ignition timing - clockwise adjustment makes the spark sooner, CCW delays the spark.

the snap ring is for the wrist pin, the part said snap ring rather than circlip, i just posted a ebay listing that show the picture. i like the way its made. I was just shopping for the cylinder, dave had them for 85$ but it looks like he is still out. you can find his listing on google, OOS. i was going to go with his, he likely had a bunch made and they make you wait and them put them on a slow boat so you get to wait again.

maybe @davhul can help us find an answer to the question on the stator plate. I would think the updated circuity would handle the timing not the position of the plate. i will reread the manual in the morning and see what it says, it might predate the updated setup. I am still waiting on my stihl order so i have not closed that up. having an 090 would be nice. no meteor. not sure what an oem cylinder would cost from dealer. i think daves would be best buy with those clips we would be set. i will check fitment the second i getem and report back on it.

huztl out
arbortec out

the flywheel has 4 magnets not two

1400nzd for stihl p/c kit for 090. I broke the case on this saw a few years back.
Stihl couldn't supply new case so I went with new West case. Sat in shed for ages until I found hultz parts, going to put it back on the Alaskan mill and see if it holds up. 20170905_171204.jpg

1400nzd for stihl p/c kit for 090. I broke the case on this saw a few years back.
Stihl couldn't supply new case so I went with new West case. Sat in shed for ages until I found hultz parts, going to put it back on the Alaskan mill and see if it holds up. View attachment 600013
Nice saw. It should hold up fine.

Does yours have points?

If not does the position of the stator plate effect timing on your model.

Nice saw. It should hold up fine.

Does yours have points?

If not does the position of the stator plate effect timing on your model.

No points, I have three 090's that i use none have points. My service manual has a page on how to set timing for points if you want it. I just put the stator plate back how I found it.

I don't have one to look at but if your moving the coil with the stator plate then you can advance and retard timing some. I tend to like more timing on a non milling saw. But if you go to far then you'll hear it miss and skip in the cut. It takes a good bit of movement of the coil to change the timing several degrees.
Most do it at the fly key on the 660 and other models. This is about 8° on a 064. That would be a lot of movement at the coil.

I don't have one to look at but if your moving the coil with the stator plate then you can advance and retard timing some. I tend to like more timing on a non milling saw. But if you go to far then you'll hear it miss and skip in the cut. It takes a good bit of movement of the coil to change the timing several degrees.
Most do it at the fly key on the 660 and other models. This is about 8° on a 064. That would be a lot of movement at the coil.
Here is a view. Two screw holes along out edge with about 10mm movement. There is a #1 on the black edge of one of the magnets
2deb380b5d729e9ebc5b4e51d81eea0a.jpg
66baaf84138c333fa92cc4a300933011.jpg

Latest posts

Back