Huztl FarmerTec 070 Build Thread with upgrade info and completed saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the 070 copy that I bought is not worth the time it took to fill it up. bogs down continually.
yeah mine did also It took me a good 45 mins of tuning and making cuts with it and tuning it some more before I Got the settings right where I wanted them

Not only that The clutch nut is garbage So the clutch slips and the whole saw bogs down I Had to order a heavy duty one from Greece.

I am still in the process of assembling mine, but i was checking squish an timing numbers the other day, and both seems to be quite wrong.
Squish is at least 1 mm, or 1/25 of an inch, an that is without a base gasket!
Intake and exhaust ports is a bit of, but shuold not be a problem with some dremel work.
Transfer ports on the other hand is still partially closed with at least 2 mm, or 2/25 inch, at bdc.
Still have to properly measure the numbers, but it does not seem very promising.
Is there anyone here who have had the same issue?

I have ordered a 66mm cylinder kit from Sägenspezi, will be intresting to see how the numbers is on that one.

Johan

I am still in the process of assembling mine, but i was checking squish an timing numbers the other day, and both seems to be quite wrong.
Squish is at least 1 mm, or 1/25 of an inch, an that is without a base gasket!
Intake and exhaust ports is a bit of, but shuold not be a problem with some dremel work.
Transfer ports on the other hand is still partially closed with at least 2 mm, or 2/25 inch, at bdc.
Still have to properly measure the numbers, but it does not seem very promising.
Is there anyone here who have had the same issue?

I have ordered a 66mm cylinder kit from Sägenspezi, will be intresting to see how the numbers is on that one.

Johan
I did not check mine

Today while shopping I noticed www.huztl.net had a option to check the shipping on the product page. That will come in handy to ballpark big stuff.

I just ordered one of these 070 kits, it's hung up in guzhou on some technicality, hopefully it gets here soon. Just wondering how many here have put the 66mm 090 cylinder on their huztl kit, and how it is working out. I'm thinking of skipping right to the 090 since that is what I really want anyway.

I just ordered one of these 070 kits, it's hung up in guzhou on some technicality, hopefully it gets here soon. Just wondering how many here have put the 66mm 090 cylinder on their huztl kit, and how it is working out. I'm thinking of skipping right to the 090 since that is what I really want anyway.
I have been waiting on huztl to restock the 090 cylinder. It's a no brainer for me. It's been taking about 5-6 days for me added to the normal 8-10 days when they inspect mine lately. Keep us posted.

Thanks. I didn't know if the order size was the shipping delay problem. I ordered the 070 with a 36" bar/chain, and also two of the ms180s for my two boys for Christmas, both with 14" bar/chains. It has got to be a heavy package. My kids are too young to operate a saw by themselves, but no better way to learn about how power equipment works then to put a kit together themselves. It sure beats Legos.

Thanks. I didn't know if the order size was the shipping delay problem. I ordered the 070 with a 36" bar/chain, and also two of the ms180s for my two boys for Christmas, both with 14" bar/chains. It has got to be a heavy package. My kids are too young to operate a saw by themselves, but no better way to learn about how power equipment works then to put a kit together themselves. It sure beats Legos.
That is exactly the scenario that I presented to the Chinese when I was urging them to sell the kits here. That will be a great way to spend time with your boys and I promise it will be a great teaching moment. It was for me.

Your package has to clear customs twice. Theirs and ours. You know you can get a manual and ipl in the stickey beg thread for both of the saws if you have not already.

Yeah, somebody was kind enough to send me the 070 IPL and manual, I still need to ask for the ms180. I'm hearing lots of good reviews for the kits, if the ones I ordered come out good I'll be buying more for both myself and my kids. I've been watching the 090 cylinders every day, I have a feeling when they get some in stock they will sell fast.

Yeah, somebody was kind enough to send me the 070 IPL and manual, I still need to ask for the ms180. I'm hearing lots of good reviews for the kits, if the ones I ordered come out good I'll be buying more for both myself and my kids. I've been watching the 090 cylinders every day, I have a feeling when they get some in stock they will sell fast.
https://www.arboristsite.com/community/index.php?threads/68615/

Ask here
Make sure the 070 manual you have has at least 80 pages. There is one that has much fewer.

One more suggestion on the smaller kits the plastic is not finished as well as the larger saws. You might want to pick up some suitable sandpaper so you can prepare those parts for assembly. Even a real one is the same,

Thanks for the hint, I figured there would probably be some flashing to clean off, no big deal. One of the things I was wondering about with the 090 cylinder kit is the weight of the Piston. If it us significantly heavier than the 070, it would put the engine out of balance. Any idea if this is a problem?

Thanks for the hint, I figured there would probably be some flashing to clean off, no big deal. One of the things I was wondering about with the 090 cylinder kit is the weight of the Piston. If it us significantly heavier than the 070, it would put the engine out of balance. Any idea if this is a problem?
The crank is the same on both saws. The saws are exactly the same unless you are looking at the gear driven 090. So the 090 cylinder kit is not a drag on the 070. It's ready to go.

I have been wanting to build the 070 kit but I missed the sale in November. Waiting for the price to come back down or maybe someone stateside gets some in and I order from them.

Since im home at the moment i checked the weight of the pistons.
070 167 grams
090 234 grams
Both aftermarket pistons, incl rings and wristpin.
Quite a significant differans, but it remains to see witch one best balances the crank.
The construction of the transfers is very different, but i cant put pictures in here to show. Google is your friend! :)

Interesting, that is a huge difference. I doubt it is much of a problem in terms of longevity, but if a guy were to balance the crank specific to the Piston I bet there would be little vibration in the saw during use. Just curious, were both of those pistons from the same manufacturer?

Vibration should not be too big of an issue regardless of the piston that is being used. Since the RPM is low I would not expect a large difference for the 070 vs the 090. OEM Stihl does the same with their older models. I have a 075 and 076 that I plan to put in my armory now that I have been using my 070 with joy. It took a couple of days of trial and error to be completely satisfied with my Huztl. Was thinking about ordering another 070 just to have so as not to need a backup. Thanks

Back