I May Get Banned......But........

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am the one that said and doesn't use paypal and I am the one that got screwed.

I have sold and bought dozens of rifle, reloading equipment and scopes from another website.......all down by Money Order and and personal check. Never got screwed there. Most guys there won't touch paypal with a 10 ft. stick!

I just don't use paypal. If writing a check or ging to the post office to get a money order is too much trouble I guess the parts aren't worth it either!

Most gun guys/gals won't touch Paypal. I know in this day and age a lot of companys are anti-gun. So it's hard to avoid them all.

Even some gun company are anti-gun. It there's a choice I will always go with a pro-gun company.

Paypal can go under as far as I care.

I brought a tail gate once from a guy out west off of Ebay.
He told me he shipped it and 3 weeks later when I didn't get the tailgate I wrote him calling him everything in the book and was getting ready to make a road trip to kick his ass.

Next day to my surprise the tail gate showed up. Felt like a real heal. But in my defensive he shipped the tail gate 2 weeks later than he said.

Some times it best to give a guy the benefit of the doubt and wait it out.

When someone claims they don't use paypal,this is a red flag right there.
Paypal or scampal today it seems.
It's free and easy to use.With just a small % to pay for the high security.
When someone claims they don't use paypal; tell 'em sorry we couldn't do business.Perhaps next time when your setup with a free paypal account.

You are sadly mistaken. Paypal is not free
Yes the buyer pays nothing the seller sure does.

Do you want to add the paypal fees to all your purchases?

As a buyer I have offered to pay the fees in order to use it. :clap:

They get the money right away, no questions, and should be able to ship immediately if you use it, right?

It has become faux pas for doing biz on the inet.

My suggestion to the OP is to setup a PayPal account so that you have it if someone else wants to use it, and if something is going to cost you, offer them to pay those fees if they prefer to use it.

I must admit I don't know too many people that ship without getting paid first these days, but I've had isolated problems with the USPS on occasion, but remarkably they are pretty reliable for me. Still, might want to give another day or two...

Just a thought Rahtree - About your lack of email address for this guy.

-If you just deleted the email from your Email program,you may be lucky enough to find it still in your "Deleted Items" folder.

Unless of course,you have emptied your "Deleted Items" completely.(Something you normally have to do manually I believe.)

Worth a look maybe ?

Just a heads up.

...........just a buyer beware notice!!!

Hey Rich, sorry you are having problems. So far you have not warned anybody on anything however. Are you saying you don't even remember the buyer's handle here?

If you have the handle, let's hear it.

It depends on the country. I sold some parts to a gent in Finland and there were no fees to me as the seller when he sent payment. Same thing with Sweden. A gent in Japan sent me a payment once and he had to pay some sort of fee, which was automatically incorporated in his payment, but I paid nothing.

I tend to go with my gut on stuff. Newbie member, with no or bad communication, well....my gut says no. A highly respected member, been around for a while, yes, I wouldnt hesitate to send a saw across the US. (just did it this week). I have shipped several items in the past month with members, before their payment arrived. So far so good.
Likewise. I try to research their posts because you can tell a lot about someone by reading what they wrote. If there is no post history, that is a red flag right there.

If there is an issue about taking a personal check, when I'm a buyer I tell the seller they can let the check clear before they ship if they want.

I also get a phone number that I can call to dog them if there's a problem. (And I call it to speak with them.)

So far I've not had a problem. And there were times I've walked away from deals when the seller acted gave a hint of being a jerk. I suppose a good con man could take me easily, but it hasn't happened yet.

How about sending a note using the tracking information from shipping?

I hope the OP gets his money eventually.

-walt

Just a heads up. I sold a Husky 372 Full Wrap Handle to a guy on the Trading post here. This gent wanted to pay me using Paypal and I explained that I don't use paypal. He went on to say that he got screwed too many times doing payment other ways. I said Ok......I'll send you the handle......you pay me when you get as I like the folks here and thought I would be doing him a favor. Well he received the handle on 10/07/09 and here it is 10/14/09 and I have nothing. He stated that he put the check in the mail on 10/05/09. I was contacted through email on the handle and accidently deleted the email so I have no way of getting ahold of him.

This is by no means to put a dark spot on the Trading Post here...........just a buyer beware notice!!!

BTW...Rich is a great guy to do business with........Oh shoot this is not a plug for Rich thread .....

Rich you just need to eat some grits and relax now that your a southern Dude....

+1 I've dealt with Rich and it was A-OK.

Rich,

You're a Southerner now and we deal with these things in a straight forward way. Got a name and/or address?

Help in on the way,

ole joat

I don't do paypal either and have made good deals with people on this site. Heck some have even sent me cash.

For personal use PayPal is free to send & receive if the money comes from your PayPal balance.

I bought a bicycle part off a guy once in southern ohio and it took 10 days to get across the state to me in NEO. That should have only taken a day or 2.

You also realize mail wasn't delivered monday because of Columbus Day? Give him a little more time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back