Inside the MS462C

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
These pics come to us by way of @StephK87 from Germany. He was kind enough to void his warranty and send us these pics. Not only that, he will be porting this saw ASAP and gutting the stratos, Snellerized Style. I can't wait to see how this thing runs! It looks like a cross between a MS261CII and a MS661C.

Stephen's initial comments are that it's as light as a MS362, as strong as a MS461 but with better acceleration, and much better handling than a MS441.

MS461C_1-L.jpg

MS461C_2-L.jpg

13.18# dry.
MS461C_8-L.jpg

MS461C_4-L.jpg

MS461C_5-L.jpg

MS461C_6-L.jpg

MS461C_7-L.jpg

MS461C_10-L.jpg

MS461C_11-L.jpg

MS461C_12-L.jpg

I LOVE the dawgs!
MS461C_13-L.jpg

MS461C_14-L.jpg

Looks like a 661 muffler.
MS461C_15-L.jpg

MS461C_16-L.jpg

MS461C_17-L.jpg

Look at the angle of the exhaust port!
MS461C_18-L.jpg

MS461C_19-L.jpg

MS461C_20-L.jpg

MS461C_22-L.jpg

MS461C_23-L.jpg

What's he measuring in inches for? lol
Is it me, or does that cylinder look like it's had a little bit of water ran through it? It's streaked up more than a new saw should be, and the piston top edge looks a bit rough.

I guess I'm old-school then... social medias look like a dumbing-down tool to me. Thanks for sharing Brad! Hope you are healing up and comfortable!

I'm intrigued by the shape of that exhaust port too... gotta be something to it that I'm missing..? I wonder if the design was purposeful, to make it harder to rework by modders/porters?

As a new owner (just a week old, I wouldn't even let the dealer start it!) of a 2017 MS 261 non-CM-tronic carbed model, I'm also a bit put back by the condition of that cylinder bore and piston! I had no idea scuffing in the bore is typical... Do you guys think they get scuffed during run-in at the factory? Or are they scuffing on initial startup after they are sold...?

Thanks again, love this forum!

I guess I'm old-school then... social medias look like a dumbing-down tool to me. Thanks for sharing Brad! Hope you are healing up and comfortable!

I'm intrigued by the shape of that exhaust port too... gotta be something to it that I'm missing..? I wonder if the design was purposeful, to make it harder to rework by modders/porters?

As a new owner (just a week old, I wouldn't even let the dealer start it!) if a 2017 MS 261 non-CM-tronic carbed model, I'm also a bit put back by the condition of that cylinder bore and piston! I had no idea scuffing in the bore is typical... Do you guys think they get scuffed during run-in at the factory? Or are they scuffing on initial startup...?

Thanks again, love this forum!
It's the little things. They all add up.
It's all about flow.

Back