Introducing the Stihl MS201TC - MTronic

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Brad. I was an observer for a long time but a recent $600 purchase made me make an account. I've read pretty much everything possible on the 201t and decided to pull the trigger because of side jobs coming in left and right and I felt guilty having my partner supply all the equipment. I made sure the serial number was the newer version (178something) and spoke with an awesome informative Stihl support guy over the phone before I made the purchase. His advice to me was to wait for the 201tc but the dealer I go through didn't have any in until they got rid of the 201t's.

With that being said, what do you think I should do? I work for a forestry municipality and use the 200t's and 201t's daily in the tree and bucket and both saws have their strengths and weaknesses. Most if not all of my side work is climbing. I have 25 more days to decide if I wanna take the saw back or not. Thanks for all you provide to this site and I'm eager to hear what you suggest!

I ran into the same issue, and went to a different dealer who had no problem ordering one for me.

I considered going to another dealer but the reason I want to order through the dealer I bought the 201t from is because my father is a building products supply salesman and does a TON of business with this dealer and so they gave me $75 off. I'll talk to them today and see if they can order the 201tc and exchange it for my 201t.

I considered going to another dealer but the reason I want to order through the dealer I bought the 201t from is because my father is a building products supply salesman and does a TON of business with this dealer and so they gave me $75 off. I'll talk to them today and see if they can order the 201tc and exchange it for my 201t.
Brad gets a discount from his Stihl dealer too 'cuz he's a Robo-Buyer

i waited for a 201TCm and it was worth it..ready to cut as soon as it starts and it screams in any weather without me having to mess with it..

That sounds like a chitty way to sell off old stock of saws

Yeah no kidding. I asked the guy about what the Stihl Rep said about waiting for the 201TC and the guy said "Yeah we're not getting any 201TC's until all the 201Ts are gone..."
I should have told him that if I'm spending around $600 you better get me what I want. I just wanted to make sure the TC was worth waiting for and worth the hassle of exchanging them.

Was wondering if they could be changed over to 1/4 for carving. I have a # here for 170-250 excluding 211 (and looks like it excludes 251 too). Then another # for 192 and one last # for 200. I can't find anything for 201. My 170 went down and be nice to add something with a little more jam. I could throw the 1/4 picco the 170 currently has on the 200 and take the .050 1/4 off the 200 and put it on a 201 or 241 if I can get the right spur.

Back