Is the 066Mag the king of all chain saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paul61 said:
Sorry, couldn't answer right away..........was laughin so hard I couldn't type
lolololol ......lemme guess who did that one.... lololol

Now Thall you know I ain't got any Stihl's (yet) but.........I gotta admire anyone who backs his product. :bowdown:

Just think of what kinda a lowlife sack -O- **** that would take your hard earned money and hand ya a FLEA MARKET quality knife and/or tomahawk with no warranty / guaranty ?? :angry2:

Shoot Paul I'm not really backing any brand, I like all brands. The only thing I'm doing is keeping a eye on that ole "huzzy" that runs around here spreading gossip and rumors about be mistreated and done wrong. Once I found out "she" doesn't always tell the facts and has a few secrets of "her" own I just like to keep a eye out for such heathens,hehe...........

rbtree said:
Actually, you doofus, that is mine, and it cost $85, a Pacific kevlar helmet out of Australia..I also own a nice light Petzl Vertexm at $70, and an old kevlar HB Wales El Cap, which is up around $90 by now...
"Doofas" you say? That's a good one......considering.....

Uh, I believe that Pacific Kevlar Helmets is a 'kiwi' company....that means New Zealand.

attachment.php

Sappy where was this forge made???

Score one for el sappo, the mastergoogler...I knew that, but am having fun dealing with this alzheimer's, reckon I forgot that I'd been to their website a couple times. Anyhow, I bought mine from a legend of arboriculture, Don Blair, to lighten his luggage load for his flight back home from the 2003 ISA Seattle meeting.

Last edited:
rbtree said:
Score one for el sappo....I knew that, having been to their website a couple times. Anyhow, I bought mine from a legend of arboriculture, Don Blair, to lighten his luggage load for his flight back home from the 2003 ISA Seattle meeting.

No harm, no foul. You missed me misspelling "doofus", so we'll call that one even.
Nice helmet, though.

(Nice edit too.)

Lakeside53 said:
You forgot to mention the hat doesn't fit either.

So show us your picture.

Lake it doesn't seem that the heathen is going to post any pics of herself. That being the case maybe I can make a phone call and get a description of the heathen and report back. I'm laying money the person at the other end of the call will remember clearly what the heathen looked like. I'm gonna die laffing if they tell me he had a "Mohawk, carrying a Tomahawk and a big knife in his pouch.............

THALL10326 said:
Lake it doesn't seem that the heathen is going to post any pics of herself. That being the case maybe I can make a phone call and get a description of the heathen and report back. I'm laying money the person at the other end of the call will remember clearly what the heathen looked like. I'm gonna die laffing if they tell me he had a "Mohawk, carrying a Tomahawk and a big knife in his pouch.............

Thall, thall thall....still with those delusions of grandeur, eh? Does your local Stihl distributor even return your calls?....particularly since you're only an employee?
Why, I'm somewhat surprised you don't have Mr. Stihl's personal phone number.

coveredinsap said:
Thall, thall thall....still with those delusions of grandeur, eh? Does your local Stihl distributor even return your calls?....particularly since you're only an employee?
Why, I'm somewhat surprised you don't have Mr. Stihl's personal phone number.

haha, I thought you was ignoring me there. What I got is the number that dropped you like a rock off a cliff. See what happens when you come in here lying ya butt off, it comes back to haunt you. Tell me something, did ya get real mad when they wouldn't kiss your behind? I heard you threw a real tissy when you couldn't screw them out of another more expensive saw for the lower cost one. How bout it, wanna tell us some more good ones, hmmmmmmmm. By the way I love your warranty, its one of those "Kool Aid" warranties just like the person who wrote it,hehehe...............

04ultra said:
Seems to me I've seen this picture on the web ...

Nice pic there, really, love the oufits. However where are the 900.00 Tomahawks with "Kool Aid" warranty???

THALL10326 said:
By the way I love your warranty, its one of those "Kool Aid" warranties just like the person who wrote it,hehehe...............

Yeah, I especially like the "SOLD....... AS IS" part :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You can do better than that @ the local Flea Market :ices_rofl:

Lakeside53 said:
I guess without friends is it hard to get pictures of yourself... surely your Mom has a camera?

uh oh,,, I was wrong "; Here's the real reason, in the hand of the sapper himself:

Since crickets only come out at night, it's hard to get a decent picture of the maker... that, plus everyone knows that crickets are inherently shy.

Shy? :ices_rofl: mao

Here's some pics of another try at freehand milling....some elm that I thought I'd slab so the customer could use it for a bench or something. The two saws seemed to cut about the same, my woods ported Dolmar PS7900, and stock dual port muffler 066, the subject of this rather hijacked thread.

attachment.php

attachment.php

A couple times, I've hollowed out stumps for birdbaths. and once made a trough like hollowed out log for a customer, originally from Switzerland...that was a hard one to get the cuts to match up. Went back a year later, and it was checked pretty badly.

Last edited:
THALL10326 said:
Nice pic there, really, love the oufits. However where are the 900.00 Tomahawks with "Kool Aid" warranty???

Why do you need a warranty when they won't be used? To quote the Sapper:

Although one wonders why anyone would subject such unique pieces to actual use when mass-produced 'abuser' tools can be readily and cheaply purchased at retail outlets nationwide.

Abuser tools? hmmm.....

THALL10326 said:
Lake it doesn't seem that the heathen is going to post any pics of herself. That being the case maybe I can make a phone call and get a description of the heathen and report back.

Screw it. Just get the surveillance video and post it on AS. Could charge admission.

rbtree said:
Here's some pics of another try at freehand milling....some elm that I thought I'd slab so the customer could use it for a bench or something. The two saws seemed to cut about the same, my woods ported Dolmar PS7900, and stock dual port muffler 066, the subject of this rather hijacked thread.

oh, so that was what the thread was about:cheers:

We gotta get you a mill!

Latest posts

Back