Is the shop lying to me and next steps?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the posters that linked that Shindawia - Echo PDF file about engine and piston failures should stand up and take a bow. Very informative. Not only was it a refresher on two stroke engines but a very good read and a definite keeper to store on the computer. I am going to stock up on printer ink and get that file printed in case the computer decides to go south.

I think the posters that linked that Shindawia - Echo PDF file about engine and piston failures should stand up and take a bow. Very informative. Not only was it a refresher on two stroke engines but a very good read and a definite keeper to store on the computer. I am going to stock up on printer ink and get that file printed in case the computer decides to go south.
What post number are you referring to? Marshy put pictures as attachments in post 164. I do not seem to see the post numbering on the smart phone.

What post number are you referring to? Marshy put pictures as attachments in post 164. I do not seem to see the post numbering on the smart phone.

I'm pretty sure that's the post he's referring to - Post #164 (Very good info by the way, for all us 'fix it my-selfers')

As a side note, it's pretty sad that the 'Big 2' manufacturers don't put out something similar) Maybe they have and I'm just not aware?

But they probably figure we're not smart enough to diagnose and fix something our-self. They want you to take it to the "dealer" where some snot nosed 18 year old punk who probably never held a real saw is the 'expert' ;) Lol

I'm pretty sure that's the post he's referring to - Post #164 (Very good info by the way, for all us 'fix it my-selfers')

As a side note, it's pretty sad that the 'Big 2' manufacturers don't put out something similar) Maybe they have and I'm just not aware?

But they probably figure we're not smart enough to diagnose and fix something our-self. They want you to take it to the "dealer" where some snot nosed 18 year old punk who probably never held a real saw is the 'expert' ;) Lol
Stihl has put out several good books in the past with detailed pics, etc..

Stihl has put out several good books in the past with detailed pics, etc..

Oh, that's very refreshing to know. Thanks Harley T.

It just kinda rubs me when manufacturers of any product start veering away from their loyal base of 'fix it yourself' purchasers and think the 'dealer mechanic' is the only solution. (That very well may become the case with these new EPA driven saws)
I'm not saying there are not some good mechanics out there, whether it be at chainsaw dealerships, or an automotive dealership etc.
But i do know there are a lot of 'so called mechanics' out there in the world now days that don't know a screwdriver from a crescent wrench.
Just saying, you gotta watch who you're calling a 'mechanic' with your hard earned $$$

Back