Is the shop lying to me and next steps?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He seemed to ease into it IMO after he got more info. He asked a legitimate question, confirmed hes getting ripped a new one then bashed them. Seems warranted IMO. Are you a dealer near him? Why you offended?
Not a dealer, but I am in the "USA". And for sure not offended. Just curious. Usually a poster is looking for resolution.

In the distant past of this site, and I am sure many others, a new member will join from time to time, and will start a thread that gets a lot of action.
Most times gets a bunch of members all worked up.
Back in the day, the "new" member usually had "beginner" or something similar in his username, and would start a thread that always hit all of the hot buttons. And would act like a "beginner", and get the gang all worked up.
After a lot of action, it would become apparent that this "beginner" knew a lot about saws, and betrayed his original
post of being a "Newby". And getting the gang here jumping through a lot of hoops....
But hey, it isn't even winter yet!!!!

In the distant past of this site, and I am sure many others, a new member will join from time to time, and will start a thread that gets a lot of action.
Most times gets a bunch of members all worked up.
Back in the day, the "new" member usually had "beginner" or something similar in his username, and would start a thread that always hit all of the hot buttons. And would act like a "beginner", and get the gang all worked up.
After a lot of action, it would become apparent that this "beginner" knew a lot about saws, and betrayed his original
post of being a "Newby". And getting the gang here jumping through a lot of hoops....
But hey, it isn't even winter yet!!!!
What is your definition of new member? There has to be a percentage of new members that are really prior or current users registering under another user name.

You ran the serial number of the ms250 on the receipt picture in an attachment. I made a comment you must be associated with Stihl somehow maybe a month ago and you stated that was in the past but you still seem able to run numbers.

There are some strange missing details considering the length of the text.

I have to wonder myself, Can run a ms250 long enough to need a new sprocket and burns up a ms660 running the proper amount of outboard oil in the mix cutting a tree that fell on the house. Then seeing the picture of the piston, that thing seized all the way around, look at the title here.

I’ve barely been following this thread yet I do know that at some point the op gave enough information for anyone to figure out the shop in question, should they so desire.

Many of us have been ripped by “professional” shops over the years. For me, it has been auto dealers on a couple or three occasions..

So I don’t so easily doubt the op’s story.

Wow!
Paranoia will destroy ya. I did have a concern that last post I made would attract some of those type of comments. Let me ask this. Why do you feel threatened? Why do you call it bashing? Is every shop just supposed to be God's gift to humankind that can do no wrong? Maybe you're the trolls. Go work on your trolling motors and leave this forum to people who really want answers. I know what a troll is but never really understood what it is they get out of it. In this situation I think it would be much more likely that the only trolls that might be on here would be the one's on the dealers payroll or maybe those who became jaded by rude/ignorant/dishonest customers. And all this does is detract from the purpose of the site and makes it harder for others in the future to find the answers they need because they have to scan through all the rubbish. Grow up and get a life jerky.

It's like Whack a Mole here. Since y'all on the offensive I guess I have to bring on the defense.

OK. So now what? For a guy that just wants to forgive and forget you sure keep stirring the ****. Are you gonna call the shop out?

Believe me I would like to. Unfortunately it's too complicated. I also work with a relative of the owner. I always knew to never do business with your relatives. Go ahead and add never do business with personal customers that are related to a coworker to the list as well. There weren't many options in this town.

What’s the name of the shop so others don’t get burned

I have given enough information. Figure it out.

I asked a while ago. Must be a secret...

Yes, it is and you will never know. Ha Ha Ha!!!

I find it really odd op couldn’t change a sprocket himself and now he is going to tear a saw all the way down and split the case to change the bearings.

I think I'm pretty handy but I'm also busy and discriminate so that means I sub out sometimes. I'm not superhuman. So shoot me.

He wouldn't be the first. This place is emboldening:D

Actually, I have found some great help here. Thank you again.

It was the immediate shop bashing that threw up a flag for me.

Holy Damn!

In elementary school we all learned about reading comprehension and getting the main idea from a story.

The main idea doesn't always come from the title.

The title was chosen to grab the reader's attention.

The main idea was: Is it okay to run other types of oil?

Time to move on.

Time to move forward on what you are going to do with the saw and what you will need to rebuild it. Get a little perspective. Mixing dealer bashing with technical help on decisions is not gonna work.

I was just sayin'. Give me a break! Never mind all the paranoia posts and personal conversations clogging up the works.

Not a dealer, but I am in the "USA". And for sure not offended. Just curious. Usually a poster is looking for resolution.

Have I not been asking questions? Maybe you can tell me exactly what I need to do to get this saw fixed.

I'm just having a Paul Harvey moment.

And "I have a potty mouth" more.

Um, from what I remember Paul Harvey was about as open-minded and Gentlemanly as they come.

What is your definition of new member? There has to be a percentage of new members that are really prior or current users registering under another user name.

You ran the serial number of the ms250 on the receipt picture in an attachment. I made a comment you must be associated with Stihl somehow maybe a month ago and you stated that was in the past but you still seem able to run numbers.

There are some strange missing details considering the length of the text.

I have to wonder myself, Can run a ms250 long enough to need a new sprocket and burns up a ms660 running the proper amount of outboard oil in the mix cutting a tree that fell on the house. Then seeing the picture of the piston, that thing seized all the way around, look at the title here.

Well, what other details would you like to know?

Actually this is now the second sprocket I had put on my 250. I think it may be because I was runnin' it with the chain too loose all along. And I thought we established that I wasn't using the proper amount of outboard oil. Shouldn't I have used more oil since it isn't made for air cooled if I used it at all.

Nah, just a Troll.....
HarleyT you ain't silly. New member, recently registered, stupid avatar, knows exactly what bait to cast and where, hungry victims swalllow the hook and run... & the ol game hunt begins. The drag is set hard yet they run 13 pages without seeing the wood through the trees. Folks keep getting played again & again round here. I sometimes wonder who enjoys it most, the troll with multiple usernames......or the folks that go along with it and fill 13 pages......even uses boat oil for-F-sake. LOL!

I think I'm pretty handy but I'm also busy and discriminate so that means I sub out sometimes. I'm not superhuman. So shoot me.
Because it saves time to drive the saw to the dealer, drive home, drive back to the dealer, and drive back home then just to pull an eclip and replace the sprocket that you could of had delivered to your house:cool:

It's like Whack a Mole here. Since y'all on the offensive I guess I have to bring on the defense.

Believe me I would like to. Unfortunately it's too complicated. I also work with a relative of the owner. I always knew to never do business with your relatives. Go ahead and add never do business with personal customers that are related to a coworker to the list as well. There weren't many options in this town.

I have given enough information. Figure it out.

Yes, it is and you will never know. Ha Ha Ha!!!

Actually, I have found some great help here. Thank you again.

Holy Damn!

In elementary school we all learned about reading comprehension and getting the main idea from a story.

The main idea doesn't always come from the title.

The title was chosen to grab the reader's attention.

The main idea was: Is it okay to run other types of oil?

I was just sayin'. Give me a break! Never mind all the paranoia posts and personal conversations clogging up the works.

Have I not been asking questions? Maybe you can tell me exactly what I need to do to get this saw fixed.

Um, from what I remember Paul Harvey was about as open-minded and Gentlemanly as they come.

Well, what other details would you like to know?

Actually this is now the second sprocket I had put on my 250. I think it may be because I was runnin' it with the chain too loose all along. And I thought we established that I wasn't using the proper amount of outboard oil. Shouldn't I have used more oil since it isn't made for air cooled if I used it at all.

“Beware the Jabberwock, my son!

The saws that bite, the dogs that catch!

Beware the Jubjub nerd, and shun

The dubious Bandersnatch!”

O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!”

Thanks

Because it saves time to drive the saw to the dealer, drive home, drive back to the dealer, and drive back home then just to pull an eclip and replace the sprocket that you could of had delivered to your house:cool:

I already said I was having trouble locating the right sprocket online at first and I only brought it up there because I had to bring them my 660 anyways and I had to get those trees cut up ASAP. I figured they could fix everything at once faster than I could.

HarleyT you ain't silly. New member, recently registered, stupid avatar, knows exactly what bait to cast and where, hungry victims swalllow the hook and run... & the ol game hunt begins. The drag is set hard yet they run 13 pages without seeing the wood through the trees. Folks keep getting played again & again round here. I sometimes wonder who enjoys it most, the troll with multiple usernames......or the folks that go along with it and fill 13 pages......even uses boat oil for-F-sake. LOL!
This thread would only be half as long if HarleyT would combine sentences into paragraphs and make posts...:laughing:

Back