I've stood all I can stand , you tube culls.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ive noticed an off the roll chain isnt all that sharp till you sharpen it yourself ,after its ground my chips get a lot bigger

Carlton File O Plates used to have an A hole and a B hole . For the depth gauges . You could take a new loop of chain . Even just A hole the riders and it cut good . Now, they changed the grind and the rub thru the wood not cut .

I didn't know things had gotten outta control..... i didn't follow the thread by the minute. So there was more "cleaning up" than just my post? It's a shame ya can't rib someone anymore.

I pretty much knew that if I couldn't take it then I better not dish it out .
But whats a guy t do when he sees a guy with a juiced up saw face and do a bunch of wiz bang cuts on the back cut and beat in a couple wedges . When all he had to do was cut it up and it would have gone right into its lay . . And the wind wasn't even blowing .
Wasteing time and energy isn't fallin timber .

It's kind of depressing....I've got 100 feet in the shop that isn't worth 2 ####s until rakers, gullets and cutters are all re-worked.....
Bingo Sam, and I have noticed like you say even new chain I am hitting the rakers, not the same until you do. I had a chain the other day on a 46mag, filed 3-4 times by hand. File o plate on the rakers .25 I think maybe .30. Hit wire that the tree grew around it was inside the wood. I was pissed, because I had that chain perfect. Pulled a new chain out of the box in the field, it was not as sharp or self feeding. To the folks who pick apart our spelling and grammar, well you understand our pain, because watching you on you tube is equally annoying. But then again I never said I was a college professor either.

Any one that watches Larry The Cable Guy and laughs has no grounds to stand on reading my posts and squallin about my spelling , punctuation , grammer or sentenance structure .

But it's OK hopefully they can still learn something from me . I know I can learn something from about everyone . Even if its how Not to do something !

Hotsaw does some good vids . Skadill , Tartar kid . Theirs are almost always fun .
The one Smash That (sp) shows some real nice timber goin over . But imo they should have added the facing up .

There are a bunch of other very good ones . But many more that are @#$%&-+() . Yuk .

I see lot of videos and talk about Vancouver Island - gypsy8844 - YouTube - Is it the big wood enchanted forest?

I just found this thread. Here's my take.

I've tried to film genuine real fallers falling trees. But, they have to make money falling, and they don't slow down to make sure I got them putting in their undercut. They won't wait for me to get set up or find a good place to video from.

Even at a GTG, they do not work well to make sure I'm ready. I even took a tripod for my camera along.

Here's an example.

[video=youtube_share;-b6yoYLU0UE]http://youtu.be/-b6yoYLU0UE[/video]

I barely had time to set up the camera, much less find a better viewpoint to shoot from. There was no time to weed whack the grass and shrubbery.

So, all you fallers out there, if you want good videos, then Work With Me. :D

Oh, he slipped there at the end while trying to get back a bit further away. Nobody was wearing their calks (pronounced corks). Even Montana can have slick sticks when it sprinkles.

Last edited:
A few points...

I don't care if you can spell or not but if you come off sounding like a whiny girl you are going to get some flack back. I mean, you're talking about youtube for crying out loud.

No, you don't need good grammer or spelling to cut trees but you aren't cutting trees, you are complaining on an internet forums.

RandyMac, you're cool in my book.

A few points...

I don't care if you can spell or not but if you come off sounding like a whiny girl you are going to get some flack back. I mean, you're talking about youtube for crying out loud.

No, you don't need good grammer or spelling to cut trees but you aren't cutting trees, you are complaining on an internet forums.

RandyMac, you're cool in my book.

Change that to whiney boy please. Boys whine just as well--if not better, than girls. :msp_mad:

Change that to whiney boy please. Boys whine just as well--if not better, than girls. :msp_mad:

Sorry, its a figure of speech, I can't rightly put "whiney person". :D
You have a good point, obviously.

Last edited:
. ya gypsy 8844 does nice work. Being able to face a tree up with the least ammount of monkey motion is the goal the. Also, I had yet to see someone measure a stump by plugging his tape in at the bottom of a humbolt face and measuring up and over the stump.

stumps are measured perpendicular to the face.

. ya gypsy 8844 does nice work. Being able to face a tree up with the least ammount of monkey motion is the goal the. Also, I had yet to see someone measure a stump by plugging his tape in at the bottom of a humbolt face and measuring up and over the stump.

stumps are measured perpendicular to the face.

Not if they're trying to cheat on their scale! :laugh:

Back