Looking for the smoothest 50cc saw around.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't own one but, have run them and agree, the Dolmar 5100.

The Dolmar company did a great job on the 5100s. It will be one of those "they don't make them like they use to saws." It is a bit heavier, but it is a well made machine. Ounce fo ounce it is one of the best saws ever made.

I got to run mdavlee's 5105 and it was super smooth. However, I just like my 346 better. Havent ran an 026,260pro or a 261 so, I cant say there. If I were you I would try and run all 3 and then decide. They are all top notch saws.

I know hes lookin for the smoothest saw and like spike60 says thats the Dolmar. No doubt. But, even so, I just really like the 346, say just like other guys like their Stihls better.. No big deal by any means, its just really personal prefrence i guess. One things for sure though, he could have a really good time tryin all 3

hahaha! it sure is. I didnt look at it that close. It just popped up as a thread I was subscribed too. Oh well.....:)

Husky 346xpg :)

Husqvarna 346XP :chainsaw:

346 XP

Gary

346 xp

Gary

Okay.... 346 xp

Gary

346 xp

Gary

Husqvarna 346

Husky 346.

346 xp NE

Husky 346

My vote goes to the 346 xp as well.
awesome saw!!
-Ralph

346 is the smoothest.

For the money 346. No doubt.

Fred

346 they're hot.

Just ordered one....

You'll Love it.

the 346 definitely handles better than the 5100.

I just really like the 346

:rock: :cheers: :givebeer: :arg: :agree2:

Hey Count, do you like the 346? or... :msp_tongue::msp_tongue::msp_tongue:

LOL
what gave me away?
yeah, I love it, but I don`t have experience with the rest of the 50 cc family.(except for a short play with the 261)
that too must be taken into consideration.

LOL
what gave me away?
yeah, I love it, but I don`t have experience with the rest of the 50 cc family.(except for a short play with the 261)
that too must be taken into consideration.

haha. :) Thats fair enough & 2 points for honesty :)

End of the day, though, if you get a 261, a 5100, a 346 or one of the pro-grade 50cc saws from Echo, Shindawa, Jonsered, Solo etc etc - im sure all are pretty decent.

At a certain point it comes down to personal preference - and needs. I still think the 5100 blows everything out the water based on quality vs. value - and it happens to be my personal favorite in its class based on the type and size of wood I cut most of the time.

No way on earth Id be unhappy with a 346 or a 261 though - I am just happier with the Dolmar ;)

I am Stihl fan and I should stay this way till I die.
but for 50 cc, it is Dolmar or Husky Xp.
really

I am Stihl fan and I should stay this way till I die.
but for 50 cc, it is Dolmar or Husky Xp.
really

not true. the 261 puts stihl back the front of the 50cc power race, if not the handling war!
i think the differences are in degrees among the big three. if you need power, the 261 is tops. but the weight is creeping toward 361 territory. for handling, i don't know, having not run a 261, but the 346 will be tough to top. but to run with the 261, it needs a MM and unlimited coil. for a combination of power and value, the 5100(05) is a very sweet saw. but the handling isn't up to the 346 and it power isn't up to the 261.
if you need one of these, just go with the best dealer and don't read AS!!!

not true. the 261 puts stihl back the front of the 50cc power race, if not the handling war!
i think the differences are in degrees among the big three. if you need power, the 261 is tops. but the weight is creeping toward 361 territory. for handling, i don't know, having not run a 261, but the 346 will be tough to top. but to run with the 261, it needs a MM and unlimited coil. for a combination of power and value, the 5100(05) is a very sweet saw. but the handling isn't up to the 346 and it power isn't up to the 261.

:agree2:

That fits pretty well with how I see the "picture" at the moment!

Latest posts

Back