LOST SAWS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just shipped the new 201t ...covered the Stihl box in brown paper, insured for $700 and require signature for proof of delivery....think I covered my bases.

Bought a brandnew Echo cs400 on eBay , it was shipped fedex in the Echo box with only my address on a label, no extra tape or anything, hard to believe but the 18" bar was mounted on the saw and sticking out of the box just like it comes from the factory, seems like shipping with the bar sticking out like that could easily lead to damage but everything was perfect.

Consider it a lesson learned. If I'm being bluntly honest I'd say shame on you for not getting insurance. Never take shipping for granted. You must go overboard with packaging and assume that box will be severely

They are paid to move package from A to B. Insurance on them doing their job?

Do you get insurance when a contractor does work?

"I might do my job but if you buy this made up insurance I'll probably do it"

They are paid to move package from A to B. Insurance on them doing their job?

Do you get insurance when a contractor does work?

"I might do my job but if you buy this made up insurance I'll probably do it"

I'm not saying there aren't flaws in the USPS system. I'm saying it's silly to risk sending a $200/$300/$400 saw without any coverage for damages or loss, especially when it's only a few dollars more. I personally haven't had any problem using my local PO but I'll be damned if I trust them to deliver a saw to the east coast without adding insurance. As buyers of saws we should be asking the seller to make sure it is packaged properly and insured. If you won't do that I'm not buying from you. If it's too much for you to add insurance on to shipping and handling, charge me extra and I'll pay for the insurance too.

So you file the claim, or the guy on the receiver end?
I'm the shipper.. I file the claim because I have already re-shipped the damaged goods to the buyer by the time I file the claim

Bars are one of the most common things lost no matter how they are shipped, they must be heavily wrapped tp make it very far through the PO or through the courier shippers.

Double layer of fresh stiff (not old limp) cardboard with PLENTY of fiber tape, and staples if you have a large enough stapler (we had a couple at work).

Consider it a lesson learned. If I'm being bluntly honest I'd say shame on you for not getting insurance. Never take shipping for granted. You must go overboard with packaging and assume that box will be severely mistreated.
What good does it do to buy insurance when they don't pay either? I'm still waiting for them to pay for a lost bar that was supposedly insured and all I get are excuses. They won't even answer my emails any more.

What good does it do to buy insurance when they don't pay either? I'm still waiting for them to pay for a lost bar that was supposedly insured and all I get are excuses. They won't even answer my emails any more.

That's rough. I don't know how to fix their system. I'm just saying I will always do my part when shipping. I have been fortunate that I have never had to chase compensation for lost/damaged goods.

Latest posts

Back