Making some 044, 064, 066 Dogs. . .

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
do you want me to send you my 460 one to make a template off of ? its pro safety ,looks like what you have

do you want me to send you my 460 one to make a template off of ? its pro safety ,looks like what you have

A good scanning of one and some hard numbers are all I would need from you. . . Do you have a scanner and a set of calipers?

just to be clear, all models share the same inner spike/dawg.

361, 362, 044/440, 441, 064, 066, 660 all use the same outer spike/dawg.

046/460 outer is different and no other saws uses it.

and 461 is also different from the rest.

A good scanning of one and some hard numbers are all I would need from you. . . Do you have a scanner and a set of calipers?

i do ,i can scan the 440 and the 460 side by side tomarro ,i have a 440 one in my truck ,but the 460 is at home

just to be clear, all models share the same inner spike/dawg.

361, 362, 044/440, 441, 064, 066, 660 all use the same outer spike/dawg.

046/460 outer is different and no other saws uses it.

and 461 is also different from the rest.

Sure, clear as mud! :msp_scared:

Hear that everyone!? Throw them cotton pick'n 046's in the trash! :hmm3grin2orange:

Looks like the "slot-mod" is easy enough, and a guy can just use the same dogs.

I know some guys that don't even use a catcher, so it would be a non-issue there as well.

A bump for some others that may be interested. . . If I don't see more interest, I'll order what we have now and call it good. :msp_smile:

looks like the 460 is a little different on the points View attachment 288063View attachment 288064

I just emailed ya back on the outer 046 dog.

Print it off for me and check it against your saw or dogs if you would. If It's A-Okay -- I can make a .dxf from it and we'll have the 046 outer dog thing licked.

Make sure when you print, that "actual size" is selected. :msp_smile:

I just emailed ya back on the outer 046 dog.

Print it off for me and check it against your saw or dogs if you would. If It's A-Okay -- I can make a .dxf from it and we'll have the 046 outer dog thing licked.

Make sure when you print, that "actual size" is selected. :msp_smile:

it fits on top perfectly View attachment 288067View attachment 288068

doing the 461 outer off scans will be hard i assume ,lot of measurements without a saw for a jig

doing the 461 outer off scans will be hard i assume ,lot of measurements without a saw for a jig

No, I can match them I think? I'd just need a scan like you did last time, and a pretty good number of the hole diameters (to the thousandth).

Based on a few measurements beyond that -- like long point to long point -- I could match them.

Then you could print and compare like last time as well. :clap:

Would you do different saws if someone would mail you a cutout pattern? I know a lot of people would like dogs for a 346xp but I've never seen a real set. I had to modify a set of 359's ans makes work.

Loco

Would you do different saws if someone would mail you a cutout pattern? I know a lot of people would like dogs for a 346xp but I've never seen a real set. I had to modify a set of 359's ans makes work.

Loco

Probably not right now. . . I was already cutting these out, and figured I'd give the guys here a break on some too if they wanted a set.

I don't want to make a non paying part-time job out'a this dog thing. . . I already have 25 of those jobs already. ;)

I do have a 346 though, and will kick around making a set for that saw.

Hey Nate,

which grade of Domex ?

Wasn't familiar with Domex, in the quick look I had they look similar to two of the grades of Bisaloy that GB were using for their bars here.

You can PM me if you don't want it to be public, or just tell me to eff off as it's none of my business, just be gentle if/when you do so you don't hurt my feelings :D

Latest posts

Back