Making some 044, 064, 066 Dogs. . .

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trx250r180

Trx250r180

Saw polisher
Hope this does it!!

Check that the teeth align in the front (coplanar) -- and if the mounts are good, it's good 2 go!

these mounts look real close if i set orig template on top of printout ,tips are slightly shorter ,if you cut out one i emailed it hopefully will show the slight difference 1/8 inch maybe on bottom tip

Metals406

Metals406

Granfodder Runningsaw
these mounts look real close if i set orig template on top of printout ,tips are slightly shorter ,if you cut out one i emailed it hopefully will show the slight difference 1/8 inch maybe on bottom tip

Checking the dogs against each other -- spike distance to distance on the 044 (the first drawn) and the newest 461, is around .007" variance.

So I'd venture to guess my first try with the 461 was a little wider like the 460 outer, but will line up good with the inner, which is shared by them all?

This is why having a PH here is helpful for this kinda thing. . . Anyone wanna give me a 461? :msp_biggrin:

Metals406

Metals406

Granfodder Runningsaw

Oh, I see what yer saying on the catcher hole! That was in the right spot, I just erased the wrong one during adjustment.

Let me fix that, then I think it'll be good, yeah?

Metals406

Metals406

Granfodder Runningsaw
attachment.php

Metals406

Metals406

Granfodder Runningsaw
Sounds like the 461 template fits like a glove!! :rock:

So, for the guys wanting a set, let me know!!!!! (Hopefully Brian and I didn't just waste a crapload of time). ;)

I'm fix'n to order, will be sending PM's to everyone.

Metals406

Metals406

Granfodder Runningsaw
I can do that tonight if you like.

Thanks mang! Me and Cody just got done doing the 200t this afternoon.

These are available with this order (if'n ya hurry) -- Cody is gonna try one of the 4-points to see if he likes it better than the wimpy stock ones.

A guy doesn't always need to dog into a limb or top, but then again, sometimes he does.

attachment.php

Last edited:
Rudolf73

Rudolf73

Addicted to ArboristSite
Thanks mang! Me and Cody just got done doing the 200t this afternoon.

These are available with this order (if'n ya hurry) -- Cody is gonna try one of the 4-points to see if he likes it better than the wimpy stock ones.

A guy doesn't always need to dog into a limb or top, but then again, sometimes he does.

attachment.php

Cooool :cool2:

Metals406

Metals406

Granfodder Runningsaw
I will be closing acceptance of new requests today at 11:00 am (Mountain Time). That will give me enough wiggle room to get these things coming.

Not to say I might not do this again in the future, but I have to nip it in the bud at some point for now, or they'll never get ordered. :laugh:

Latest posts