Making some 044, 064, 066 Dogs. . .

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, just ordered catcher kits from Bailey's.

Luckily, they had 6 in stock, which I think covers everyone? The others will be in later this month according to the gal.

I done cleaned them out'a stock! :laugh:

Steel is next, making that phone call now. :msp_thumbup:

6 of the rollers came in today -- steel gets here Wednesday.

I figure the other rollers will be here maybe next week? They said 12-14 days on the backorder -- one would think they'd drop ship them to me -- so hopefully they don't have to go to CA then to me in MT.

The first 6 will go out in numeric order (the first guy to say yeah, and so forth), so a couple of you guys will have to wait a hair longer is all.

Everyone is on the fence at the moment. . . Waiting for the call back from my sales guy.

The dogs turned out sweet -- except they cut them from 4 mm stock, instead of 3 mm. :msp_sneaky:

That puts them 1/16" thicker than stock dogs. It's like bolting a D8 Cat blade to the front of a Pinto. :laugh:

For those who can't visualize metric. . . These dogs are .158" (5/32") thick.

Now, if some of you don't have a problem with them being .040" thicker than they should be -- let me know.

Otherwise, I have to have them expedite me a new batch.

Everyone is on the fence at the moment. . . Waiting for the call back from my sales guy.

The dogs turned out sweet -- except they cut them from 4 mm stock, instead of 3 mm. :msp_sneaky:

That puts them 1/16" thicker than stock dogs. It's like bolting a D8 Cat blade to the front of a Pinto. :laugh:

For those who can't visualize metric. . . These dogs are .158" (5/32") thick.

Now, if some of you don't have a problem with them being .040" thicker than they should be -- let me know.

Otherwise, I have to have them expedite me a new batch.

the extra weight will help balance out longer bars :hmm3grin2orange: i measured my aft ones they are 3mm ,i don't see how being 4 would hurt anything

the extra weight will help balance out longer bars :hmm3grin2orange: i measured my aft ones they are 3mm ,i don't see how being 4 would hurt anything

Not saying they're not usable to some guys who want a A1 Abrams set of dogs :laugh:. . . They're just not what I ordered. :msp_sneaky:

Have to head to town. . . Be back in a few hours -- hopefully with some news on these.

Well, if'n you fellas can hold out -- I'm getting a new batch cut. :clap:

My guy called me tonight (they had a crazy day and I couldn't even get through), and applogized for the mixup.

I didn't even have to tell him what was wrong. He had gotten my message from earlier that everything was great except the thickness. He went back and check and entered the wrong value.

Needles to say, he felt like crap over it, even though it's not like he caused a drought or something. He's a genuinely awesome guy, and I feel bad that he feels so bad. I hope none of you feel too bad. :laugh:

Now, this will coincide better with the arrival of the backordered catchers anyway. For those who must have their set immediately -- I can send out a set of "Fatties", but no promises on a roller, if you aren't part of the first six.

If y'all can hang for a bit, I can get everyone their rollers and dogs all in one go.

PM me with your thoughts individually if you like, or post here.

I will be gone from tomorrow morning through Sunday for my fire class that's out of town. I can log in here late Sunday to see what you guys think. I'll also be on for a few more hours before bed. . . Got a 3 hour drive in the morning. :msp_scared:

I'm in no hurry what so ever. The saw is apart for crank seals anyway. You can move me back on the list if need be. I'm just super excited you did this for the rest of us!
Ohh and a pic of the finished product would be awesome even if its too thick! Cannot wait to check Em out.

Too late to get in on a set plus roller chain catcher for an 066?

For this go around pard. . . I'm kicking around doing a sponsorship (for myself this time) -- so I can sell some smaller stuff like these dogs and not step on any toes. :msp_smile:

Should have the new batch in my hands today.

Good thing I was out-of-town for fire class for a few days. I was able to drag along a 200t "fatty" and bolt it to a saw while I was down there.

The ears were off a hair, and I was able to make that adjustment before the new ones were cut.

For future reference to you guys wanting to template back and forth over the computer. . . Being accurate within a few thousands is good. Make good templates, and measure with good tools (calipers, machinist scales, etc).

Eyeballing will bite you in the nuts. :msp_sad:

I'm going to send these out "as laser cut", so you can clean and deburr them the way you want. I'm going to go message Gregg right now, and see if I can get an ETA on the backordered roller/catcher kits. I'll update here when I hear more.

Dogs are in and rollers/catchers are inbound from Bailey's.

Should start mailing everyones stuff out beginning of next week I would think? :msp_smile:

Latest posts

Back