Masterminded 362c 87 octane vs 94

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KG441c

KG441c

Keith
Y'all have your thinking caps on too tight. "Motor oil is motor oil" (for the oldies out there)
I dont buy it. Ive seen 2 stroke oils that soot and carbon things up and some that burn better and have better lab results such as film strength? Ill go with lab results and results ive seen with my own eyes and share it and if someone gets something from it or teaches me something great

Trx250r180

Trx250r180

Saw polisher
I dont buy it. Ive seen 2 stroke oils that soot and carbon things up and some that burn better and have better lab results such as film strength? Ill go with lab results and results ive seen with my own eyes and share it and if someone gets something from it or teaches me something great

The older ones used motor oil ,says so right on my saw .

mac 003.JPG

Termite

Termite

Time To Launch
I love the smell of H1r in the morning. Smells like victory.
Seriously tho, y'all are splitting hairs mighty fine regarding which high performance ester oil is "best" for your saw. This is gonna sound totally nuts, but I've heard they will actually run on the cheap bailey's synthetic (but only if you are using 116 octane leaded).
What's wrong with Bailey's synthetic? I got 5 gallons with free shipping!:confused:

HuskStihl

HuskStihl

Chairin'em for the sound
The older ones used motor oil ,says so right on my saw .

View attachment 363252
U must be real old??? Lol! Sorry I dont remember thoso
This should explain everything

RiverRat2

RiverRat2

Serio Tree Freak
So the old ones used premix and crankcase oil?
Actually some of the oldest you had to soak a couple of dinosaur turds in your fuel can for a week,,, or longer. Then you squeezed tha oil right out of em and mixed them @ 16:1:laugh: with what ever gas you could find cause it was all good **** back then!!!! & did I mention we didn't have a Stinkin EPA telling us to put corn and soybeans in our gas!!!! Just sayin,,, If ya Don't believe it!!! ask Go Log it!!!!!!! He was there!!!!

That motul 800 is expensive as here. $35 a litre. H1r is $23 . Same shop. This shop also had the best price on eBay too. $125 for 4 litre of motul.
I think I will stick to my Mobil 1. Got 11 litres of it. Should last a few years [emoji12]

Too bad I just paid half of that Shipped from http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/ $63.99 for 4 L Jug cant beat it!!!

KG441c

KG441c

Keith
Thought Id share what Motul technical support had said. Neither Motul 800t oils are designed for chainsaw and they didnt recommend it. They make a chainsaw specific oil but isnt offered in the US. He ask what was the application and the duty of chainsaw and I told him around 11000 rpm and only a few seconds between cuts. He then said Motul 800t road racing was designed for higher rpm continous duty and thats what he recommended over the offroad. Kenjax guess your dealer recommended the right oil to u. Looks like road racing motul has about 2x better film strength than off road but Ronnie is checking data with tech support on that as we speak to be sure

KG441c

KG441c

Keith
Keith, I have a question for you, or a few? When you tried the AMSoil Saber, what ratio did you run?

Also, it has the FD rating, that is the best, correct? Do you know what ratio got that rating?

Thanks.
They recommend 100 to 1 but I mixed 50 to1 and after 1 use there was soot everywhere. I wouldnt run 100 to1 but thats me

KG441c

KG441c

Keith
Mike Amsoil says it exceeds
Keith, I have a question for you, or a few? When you tried the AMSoil Saber, what ratio did you run?

Also, it has the FD rating, that is the best, correct? Do you know what ratio got that rating?

Thanks.
mike amsoil says it exceeds fd but they choose not to participate in the Jaso testing and not published on their bottle if I remember correctly