Masterminded 362c 87 octane vs 94

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is the specific difference between oil designed for air cooled verses water cooled 2-strokes?

I would not run it 100:1. It does however have FD on the bottle.

I was also disappointed to realize that the Sithl stuff is FB.
Ya me too. Ronnie and myself have studied the oil thing before but just started looking at the Motul. Ronnie is talking with tech support now to verify that they wouldnt have contradiction in their recommendation

Thats what I thought mike which means in using motorcycle 2t oil for saws one would be ahead if he looked for a higher film strength 2t oil for the saws?

Temperature ranges but Im only guessing
Thanks Keith. Reading the sheet Randy posted, this would be suitable for an outboard also? I have been running Quicksilver in my outboards but it would be nice to just buy one oil.

I wouldn't either.......boat motors are a breed apart in my mind.

I did find this in that sheet I posted......

"Suitable for air cooled or liquid cooled 2 stroke engines"

I would say h1r, motul 800t, maxima k2 is overkill but best protection. They all burn clean and interals stay clean

Ronnie talked with Motul rep. And he says there isnt any difference in the motul 800 offroad and the road race except the offroad has extra cleaning additive for offroad dusty condition. Lol! Totally opposite from what the Motul tech. Support told me. My question would be if the offroad has more additives than the road race why does it cost 21$ more per 4l?

Motul Rep. stated it very clearly. Both Motul 800's, off-road and road racing, have the same protection or film strength/same oil. The only differences are the additives for the application or activities. He said the off-road has a cleaning additive for dirty, dusty, conditions. I would consider wood cutting, airborne sawdust, this type of activity. If you're already using Belray H1R I see no need in changing. Sounds like we're splitting hairs with this stuff but I've found my answer. All of these oils are extremely high quality and you couldn't go wrong with either the Motul or Belray.

Motul Rep. stated it very clearly. Both Motul 800's, off-road and road racing, have the same protection or film strength/same oil. The only differences are the additives for the application or activities. He said the off-road has a cleaning additive for dirty, dusty, conditions. I would consider wood cutting, airborne sawdust, this type of activity. If you're already using Belray H1R I see no need in changing. Sounds like we're splitting hairs with this stuff but I've found my answer. All of these oils are extremely high quality and you couldn't go wrong with either the Motul or Belray.
Ive got a question about what the rep said about offroad. What kinda cleaner in the oil is for dusty conditions? The roadrace also is double ester vs single ester in the offroad. Does anyone know what ester does in a oil and how it affects performance?

Back