Masterminded 362c 87 octane vs 94

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Give us reason mdavlee. Im curious

The change in tune and the running nose from Belray. I didn't make it through 2 tanks last summer and it was awful. I used maxima 927 also instead of the belray.

Lol....well unlike Mike the smell of H1R doesn't bother me. I've burned many gallons of fuel with each oil and one seems to burn just as clean as the other. H1R has to be ordered at the dealer, Motul is on the shelf as well as Maxima, Maxima is cheaper and less smelly(but none of the smells bother me) so my choice is Maxima K2.

SMirC-facepalm.svg

I've never even really paid attention to the flash point. No idea what it does or doesn't do but assume a lower flash point would burn or ignite faster?

Been talking with the techs at Motul. Theres way more involved than smell and cleanliness. How centfrigual forces and tolerances affect film strength of oil and what ratio effects film strength and the oils being formulated with large molecules for high rpm and small molecules for lower rpm, etc , etc!!! Way over my head. I find it interesting to research these things and why they work. Part of the saw and interesting to me

Different Motul Tech said the main difference with Motul off-road and road racing was duration of rpms. He did say the off-road (motocross application) would be closer to use in a saw than the road racing oil.

Latest posts

Back