MS 441....Are they panning out?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
14,200 , thats perfecto. I know many run them higher but I've never seen the point in it. They cut just as fast as 14 as they do 14,500. Mine is right at 14 and its plenty fast. :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Yep, mine still feels like a real "bad-azz", and revs up about like a NE346xp, but higher.

The 5100S revs higher, but revs up much slower than both - but that's old news....:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Wrap a turd in orange and white and see the sheep come. Doesn't matter to me who sells more. I've ran and had enough of them apart to know they are much better on ebay than in my toolbox. You know that too cuz you sell em.

Wow! How many of your project saws are Husky's????....looks like three Husky saws and ONE Stihl to me.

Anyone who thinks that a Stihl is harder to work on than any other saw is either; lying, stupid or should't own a wrench.

Anyone who thinks that a Stihl is harder to work on than any other saw is either; lying, stupid or should't own a wrench.

I'm unclear how you really feel. Could you please tell use what exactly you are saying, don't mince words, tell us like it is. Don't leave us guessing like this.

Mr. HE:cool:

Hey guys i see some things never change i have not been cutting
much free wood already cut is hard to turn down.I did get a low compresion
440 in nice shape for free . been racing .anyway you cant go wrong with a 441

Zero that post deserves an award in itself. It deserves the Great Imagination Award. Would you like it bronzed or silver plated,LOL

Did Stihl pay for this comment. Mine are from honest experience. It would be nice if you made a point. My response made several. None of them have been disputed. I guess they were correct.
ZG

Last edited:
I'm unclear how you really feel. Could you please tell use what exactly you are saying, don't mince words, tell us like it is. Don't leave us guessing like this.

Mr. HE:cool:

Thank you, for a moment, I thought I was being vague.

Did Stihl pay for this comment. Mine are from honest experience. It would be nice if you made a point. My response made several. None of them have been disputed. I guess they were correct.
ZG

The reason they weren't disputed was simple, there is nothing there to dispute but alot of assumtions and no facts.

You seem to be implieing Stihl is resting on its behind while Husky and Dolmar are stealing the show. You need some facts to back that up but you didn't include any in your post at all. Here are some facts that dispute your assumtions.

1. Stihl has weathered the recession without cutting any jobs or anyone's pay. They did cut out some overtime buts thats the extent of it. Husky on the other hand laid off over 1000 employees late in 2008 early 2009. They were also spun off by Elux a few years ago and we know when a company gets spun off the reason is usually the same. Husky is now following the Stihl business model more than ever and a high five to them I say.

2. Dolmar is a tiny company compared to Stihl or Husqvarna. They're a 100 million dollar company. They shipped 550,000 units worldwide in 2008. Stihl shipped out almost 5 million units from VA Beach factory alone in 2008. Stihl and Husqvarna both play in the billion dollar club many times over. Dolmar products in my opinion are top notch but their brand reconition and sales doesn't hold a candle to Stihl or Husky. It will take a helluva lot more than the 5100 to ever put them on the same turf as Stihl and Husky.

3. Just so you know neither the 346 or the 5100 are a threat to Stihl. In case you didn't know it the chainsaw biz has been in decline in the USA for many years. The big thing for OPE manufactures in the USA is more in the lawncare biz now. Husky dove into it years ago with mowers. Stihl doesn't compete in mowers in the USA, only overseas with the Viking brand. Stihl sells more weed trimmers in the USA than they do chainsaws. Yet they have remained the No.1 selling brand of chainsaw in the world for the last 38 years in a row. They are the No.2 selling blower in the world. They are the No.1 selling concrete saw in the world and have been so for many many years. They do claim the chainsaw is their corner stone product but they also do moldings for Mecedes and Bmw. They are quietly into alot of things most people don't even know about, many of their products aren't sold in the USA at all. So to say two chainsaws by the competitors is somehow putting Stihl on shakey ground is a joke.

Now you have some facts. Take them and compare them to that post you made and you'll understand why I said your post deserves an award. Now will it be silver plate or bronze for you, makes no nevermind to me,LOL

the reason they weren't disputed was simple, there is nothing there to dispute but alot of assumtions and no facts.

You seem to be implieing stihl is resting on its behind while husky and dolmar are stealing the show. You need some facts to back that up but you didn't include any in your post at all. Here are some facts that dispute your assumtions.

1. Stihl has weathered the recession without cutting any jobs or anyone's pay. They did cut out some overtime buts thats the extent of it. Husky on the other hand laid off over 1000 employees late in 2008 early 2009. They were also spun off by elux a few years ago and we know when a company gets spun off the reason is usually the same. Husky is now following the stihl business model more than ever and a high five to them i say.

2. Dolmar is a tiny company compared to stihl or husqvarna. They're a 100 million dollar company. They shipped 550,000 units worldwide in 2008. Stihl shipped out almost 5 million units from va beach factory alone in 2008. Stihl and husqvarna both play in the billion dollar club many times over. Dolmar products in my opinion are top notch but their brand reconition and sales doesn't hold a candle to stihl or husky. It will take a helluva lot more than the 5100 to ever put them on the same turf as stihl and husky.

3. Just so you know neither the 346 or the 5100 are a threat to stihl. In case you didn't know it the chainsaw biz has been in decline in the usa for many years. The big thing for ope manufactures in the usa is more in the lawncare biz now. Husky dove into it years ago with mowers. Stihl doesn't compete in mowers in the usa, only overseas with the viking brand. Stihl sells more weed trimmers in the usa than they do chainsaws. Yet they have remained the no.1 selling brand of chainsaw in the world for the last 38 years in a row. They are the no.2 selling blower in the world. They are the no.1 selling concrete saw in the world and have been so for many many years. They do claim the chainsaw is their corner stone product but they also do moldings for mecedes and bmw. They are quietly into alot of things most people don't even know about, many of their products aren't sold in the usa at all. So to say two chainsaws by the competitors is somehow putting stihl on shakey ground is a joke.

Now you have some facts. Take them and compare them to that post you made and you'll understand why i said your post deserves an award. Now will it be silver plate or bronze for you, makes no nevermind to me,lol

+1

The reason they weren't disputed was simple, there is nothing there to dispute but alot of assumtions and no facts.

You seem to be implieing Stihl is resting on its behind while Husky and Dolmar are stealing the show. You need some facts to back that up but you didn't include any in your post at all. Here are some facts that dispute your assumtions.

1. Stihl has weathered the recession without cutting any jobs or anyone's pay. They did cut out some overtime buts thats the extent of it. Husky on the other hand laid off over 1000 employees late in 2008 early 2009. They were also spun off by Elux a few years ago and we know when a company gets spun off the reason is usually the same. Husky is now following the Stihl business model more than ever and a high five to them I say.

2. Dolmar is a tiny company compared to Stihl or Husqvarna. They're a 100 million dollar company. They shipped 550,000 units worldwide in 2008. Stihl shipped out almost 5 million units from VA Beach factory alone in 2008. Stihl and Husqvarna both play in the billion dollar club many times over. Dolmar products in my opinion are top notch but their brand reconition and sales doesn't hold a candle to Stihl or Husky. It will take a helluva lot more than the 5100 to ever put them on the same turf as Stihl and Husky.

3. Just so you know neither the 346 or the 5100 are a threat to Stihl. In case you didn't know it the chainsaw biz has been in decline in the USA for many years. The big thing for OPE manufactures in the USA is more in the lawncare biz now. Husky dove into it years ago with mowers. Stihl doesn't compete in mowers in the USA, only overseas with the Viking brand. Stihl sells more weed trimmers in the USA than they do chainsaws. Yet they have remained the No.1 selling brand of chainsaw in the world for the last 38 years in a row. They are the No.2 selling blower in the world. They are the No.1 selling concrete saw in the world and have been so for many many years. They do claim the chainsaw is their corner stone product but they also do moldings for Mecedes and Bmw. They are quietly into alot of things most people don't even know about, many of their products aren't sold in the USA at all. So to say two chainsaws by the competitors is somehow putting Stihl on shakey ground is a joke.

Now you have some facts. Take them and compare them to that post you made and you'll understand why I said your post deserves an award. Now will it be silver plate or bronze for you, makes no nevermind to me,LOL

Nice sales literature, but it doesn't respond to any of the brand management issues I brought up.
The point I was making is your brand management award is not worth the paper it is written on. I can name 20 companies with world recognition that are in trouble. I have worked in Germany for the last 15 years and I have seen many companies shut down for years. I would bet my last dollar that Stihl is not expanding production in any meaningful way in Germany. The country is plan dead in terms of manufacturing. Their annual report shows every category dropping in Germany.

With all these accomplishments they still can't put a saw in the 50cc hot rod class. Stihl is definitely not going away, but to be shown up by a small company like Dolmar is embracing. As for Husqvarna following the Stihl business plan I think you are mistaken. Which company is copying Husqvarn's saw features, Air filtration, AV and engine design. Husqvarna does not have to make any apologies for their business plan. To me it looks like I can get a Husky design at any level and with several global brands. It is funny how Stihl partnered with a company, JD that has more pride in their paint than in their product It sounds a lot like Stihl, put a nice paint job on metal covers and retire for twenty years. I personally hope the new 1 series saws do well, but I think the Stihl owner is not going to stand for the middle of the pack. I know I wouldn't. Like I said there are lots of saws that start well and are very reliable. It is going to take class winning saw maintain growth. Stihl has no where to go but down.
ZG

I gotta ask...

THall is a dealer, so it's obvious his news about Stihl comes from Stihl. I'd like to know if you actually know all those things about Stihl (declining sales in EVERY category, etc. etc.) or have heard rumors of such things while in Germany. I am not at all challenging or refuting your claims as I would have nothing to base it on. (with the exception of the ms260, which certainley has its place in the 50 cc saw class, IMO). Please tell me how you came to know all of this.

THall is a dealer, so it's obvious his news about Stihl comes from Stihl. I'd like to know if you actually know all those things about Stihl (declining sales in EVERY category, etc. etc.) or have heard rumors of such things while in Germany. I am not at all challenging or refuting your claims as I would have nothing to base it on. (with the exception of the ms260, which certainley has its place in the 50 cc saw class, IMO). Please tell me how you came to know all of this.

The finacial info is in the AG annual report. It supports my observations. The Euro and the VAT is killing German manufacturing, not to mention the 2 months of vacation.

I won't respond to this thread any more. I've had too much fun poking a stick in the eye of Stihl lovers. Please think of me when you read the praise of a 346NE or the 5100. Then ask yourself "I paid more and got less" O well it's dependable and it has pretty painted covers.
Best Regards
ZG

Nice sales literature, but it doesn't respond to any of the brand management issues I brought up.
The point I was making is your brand management award is not worth the paper it is written on. I can name 20 companies with world recognition that are in trouble. I have worked in Germany for the last 15 years and I have seen many companies shut down for years. I would bet my last dollar that Stihl is not expanding production in any meaningful way in Germany. The country is plan dead in terms of manufacturing. Their annual report shows every category dropping in Germany.

With all these accomplishments they still can't put a saw in the 50cc hot rod class. Stihl is definitely not going away, but to be shown up by a small company like Dolmar is embracing. As for Husqvarna following the Stihl business plan I think you are mistaken. Which company is copying Husqvarn's saw features, Air filtration, AV and engine design. Husqvarna does not have to make any apologies for their business plan. To me it looks like I can get a Husky design at any level and with several global brands. It is funny how Stihl partnered with a company, JD that has more pride in their paint than in their product It sounds a lot like Stihl, put a nice paint job on metal covers and retire for twenty years. I personally hope the new 1 series saws do well, but I think the Stihl owner is not going to stand for the middle of the pack. I know I wouldn't. Like I said there are lots of saws that start well and are very reliable. It is going to take class winning saw maintain growth. Stihl has no where to go but down.
ZG

Zero you not only don't know any facts its obvious you can't accept any facts. I think your wrapped up in all the piddly BS everyone talks about on this site. Yes we know Germany is down, thats why over 83% of Stihl is exported around the world, did you know that, apparently not. Did you know over 60% of all Stihl made is made in the USA, apparently not. Did you ever hear of that thing called the Stihl Group, appparently not. Did you think Germany was the main manufacturing unit of Stihl, apparently so but it is not.

Here's a fact I think not only me but everyone reading your posts is your basing all your info on your opinion and nothing more. Hell your talking as though JD and Stihl have teamed up as one company or something. Total BS. I don't mind reading your opinions but back them up with some hardcore facts at least a little bit. Hell we all got an opinion of some sort. I still say in my humble kind heart opinon you deserve that award I mentioned,LOLOL

The finacial info is in the AG annual report. It supports my observations. The Euro and the VAT is killing German manufacturing, not to mention the 2 months of vacation.

I won't respond to this thread any more. I've had too much fun poking a stick in the eye of Stihl lovers. Please think of me when you read the praise of a 346NE or the 5100. Then ask yourself "I paid more and got less" O well it's dependable and it has pretty painted covers.
Best Regards
ZG

Well before you run off will it be bronze or silver plated, come on man, I got the guy on the phone waiting for a answer,LOL

Since the middle of 2008 to today demand for chainsaws and all OPE equipment is down from every maker in the world, its no secret. The measure of decline is measured in pink slips, Stihl hasn't handed out any at Va Beach. They did cut some OT out but thats been the extent of the recession for them. I don't think any other maker can make that claim.

Latest posts

Back