MS 441....Are they panning out?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The finacial info is in the AG annual report. It supports my observations. The Euro and the VAT is killing German manufacturing, not to mention the 2 months of vacation.

I won't respond to this thread any more. I've had too much fun poking a stick in the eye of Stihl lovers. Please think of me when you read the praise of a 346NE or the 5100. Then ask yourself "I paid more and got less" O well it's dependable and it has pretty painted covers.
Best Regards
ZG

If I agreed with you or not, that's a pretty telling exit. Has your purpose then, just been to instigate or to enlighten us with some little know facts? It seems to be of someone just sharing a biased opinion. There is certainly nothing wrong with that, we all have opinions. However, most realize them for what they are and don't accept them as fact, without substantiation.

Trying to spew who makes a better saw..........Husky or Stihl..........is just that spew. Give me the support first and foremost. So what if one saw runs better than another, if the saw is down and parts and dealer support aren't there it isn't that fast now is it? I have a weird mix of Husky,Stihl,Dolmar, Solo and Shindaiwa saws. For me dealer support means very little. I have enough saws that if one sits a while as I get the parts I am OK with that. I always wrench my own stuff. Take the owner with one saw who doesn't or can't wrench his own stuff dealer support and parts availability takes on a whole new meaning compared to my situation. Stihl has the best support of any as far as the number of dealers out there. Now whether the guy behind the counter and wrenching the equipment is a dolt I don't know.........but then again you find them in all dealers!!!

If I agreed with you or not, that's a pretty telling exit. Has your purpose then, just been to instigate or to enlighten us with some little know facts? It seems to be of someone just sharing a biased opinion. There is certainly nothing wrong with that, we all have opinions. However, most realize them for what they are and don't accept them as fact, without substantiation.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, ok, hmmmmmmmm got that part, hmmmmmmm whats that mean, hmmmm.

Dayumm you Big you gotta start making your posts alittle more simple. Them big words and the way you put them together makes me go crossed eyed trying to figure what you mean,LOLOLOL

Since the middle of 2008 to today demand for chainsaws and all OPE equipment is down from every maker in the world, its no secret. The measure of decline is measured in pink slips, Stihl hasn't handed out any at Va Beach. They did cut some OT out but thats been the extent of the recession for them. I don't think any other maker can make that claim.

You gonna mention to him that Stihl is up 10% for the year :) Yep they are hurting...

Trying to spew who makes a better saw..........Husky or Stihl..........is just that spew. Give me the support first and foremost. So what if one saw runs better than another, if the saw is down and parts and dealer support aren't there it isn't that fast now is it? I have a weird mix of Husky,Stihl,Dolmar, Solo and Shindaiwa saws. For me dealer support means very little. I have enough saws that if one sits a while as I get the parts I am OK with that. I always wrench my own stuff. Take the owner with one saw who doesn't or can't wrench his own stuff dealer support and parts availability takes on a whole new meaning compared to my situation. Stihl has the best support of any as far as the number of dealers out there. Now whether the guy behind the counter and wrenching the equipment is a dolt I don't know.........but then again you find them in all dealers!!!

Right on. I could give a hoot in hell what brand people like or use. Everyone can use whatever brand they want, fine by me. Speed in the cut matters to some but most users like me could care less. I've sold thousands of units and I'm still waiting for that first customer to ask me about filtration, vib systems and weight. Proves to me most don't give a rip, they just want a saw and me to keep it going for them. A chainsaw to the saw buff is not the jolly getter to the average everyday buyer.

I had a customer today moaning and teasing me about his ole weed trimmer. He was telling me I know your gonna charge me a arm and leg. We laffed but he kept on about it. I finally told him hey, I didn't ask you to come here, you came on your own. I fixed the thing on the spot, he paid his bill and handed me a 10.00 tip to boot and said thanks man. Goes to show sometimes its best to tellem like it is. Thats two Wendy meals this week. I need to tell off a few more and I'll have free lunches all week,haha

People can rag on the 441 all they want. Husky has a schit saw in the 575 and the 576,from what I hear, isn't much better. Stihl got it right the first time with the 441. When designs change as much as the did with the strato saws you'll get hiccups along the way. The added weight was one of them. But back to the topic in it's originality.........the 441 is a fine saw...........some with a closed mind to different technologies will never give it a chance!!!

Howdy,
They certainly can't be considered a world leader in new design when it comes to the 441. As far as I can tell, the only thing on it that came from their camp are the tooless fuel and oil caps.
Regards
Gregg

Howdy,
They certainly can't be considered a world leader in new design when it comes to the 441. As far as I can tell, the only thing on it that came from their camp are the tooless fuel and oil caps.
Regards
Gregg

I am not a "Stihl guy", I like Stihl and Husky and whoever makes a good saw. But with all due respect, if nothing else, they are the first to make a succsefull pro strato saw as big as 70cc. They maybe using technology borrowed from other companies in the industry, but those other companies' saws of similar design and size are lacking.

Howdy,
I'm not trying to be brand biased here. I've bought, run, and sold a bunch of saws from different manufacturers. I currently own a Stihl, and a Husqvarna. My comment was aimed more towards the relationship between the 441 and Stihl's available models. I take it you're eluding to the 575, and 576. I wonder how successful the 441 would be if the 440 was still sitting on the shelf next to it like the 372 is to the Husqvarna's. People would still be tearing it a new one just like they did when they brought it out.
Regards
Gregg

Grande Dog is right about this point. If the 044/440 was still on the shelf the 441 would move but not nearly as quickly. People love that old 70cc saw and for good reason. It's an absolute workhorse. So a direct comparison between leading brands is unfair in this regard.

On a slightly related note, technology can be a good thing. Technology when properly applied to a certain situation can be a very good thing. As technology improves we will see lots of changes to all sorts of mechanical devices. I used to work on my own vehicles. Those days are over, the technology that gets me 30+ MPG in my full-sized sedan requires I take my car to a technologically up to date mechanic. It's not necessarily a bad thing, you just have to make it work in your favor.

I wonder how successful the 441 would be if the 440 was still sitting on the shelf next to it like the 372 is to the Husqvarna's. People would still be tearing it a new one just like they did when they brought it out.
Regards
Gregg

That is where Stihl was smart and left the 460. Don't like the 441? Buy a 460. It's a win win situation.:clap: Now that the 70cc Stihls are sorted out, lets get a pro strato 50cc!!!:chainsaw:

Latest posts

Back