MS 441 Owners: what did yours cost?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pain Cow

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I recently called 2 stihl dealers. One wanted $865 for a new 441& another dealer wanted $799. How close is this to national average? Both were priced W/ a 32" bar. Not that I use a 32" hardly ever, but I already have the smaller bars.

$799 is a good deal. Mine was $839 with a 25" bar, but then the dealer worked some magic for me as I had bought a lot of stuff through him and I picked it up for about $750.

879$ is list, 865$ plus an extra chain or 2 is a good deal. And the one for 799$ is damn good deal I'd jump on it.

paid $725 plus tax in january. 20 inch bar. dealer in my hometown wanted list price. dealer near my tree farm got the sale.

I bought one about a month ago for $809 plus tax with a 25" bar. I actually live in Mississippi and the price is $859 plus tax for the same saw. If you go across the line in Tennessee, it is $809 plus tax. It doesn't make a lot of since, but for some reason, the saws are a little cheaper in Tennessee than they are in Mississippi. I know that the saws went up about $60 a few months ago in Mississippi, but some reason, the saws in Tennessee haven't gone up. I don't know if the fact that the dealers in Tennessee order from a different distributor than the ones in Mississippi has anything to do with it or not. The only thing that I was able to get thrown into the deal was a bottle of synthetic oil.

Well

Mine was 879 but with all the extras I bought. 20inch bar and 2 chains and 1 25inch chain and files and wedges came to right about 1000

I paid $750 cash for mine with 28" bar and 1 RSF chain. Cash is music to dealer's ears because they can save 3.5% or more on credit card fees. Win-Win situation for everyone.

Back