MS 500i Backorder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you know of a 500i-R available within 100 miles of Napa, CA, please let me know. I've been on a waiting list for over a year with no product in sight according to the dealer (with whom I've done lots of business and who has always treated very well).
Depending on your budget and whatnot I could maybe purchase here and ship it to you. Just a thought.

Just put an order in for a MS 500i R in 35inch, plan on having 2 bars... Did i make a mistake, i see no one has any 500i's, and no delivery dates would be given... anyone else see pro saws backordered?
Hop
I bought mine a year ago. Paid $1180. Seeing what they usually go for, I wonder if my dealer looked up the wrong price. I am happy with the saw,

Just put an order in for a MS 500i R in 35inch, plan on having 2 bars... Did i make a mistake, i see no one has any 500i's, and no delivery dates would be given... anyone else see pro saws backordered?
Hop
Been waiting 5 months for a 462 R w/ 25" light bar

But at $1100 OTD, I can wait longer

Livingston and the Bozeman area have at least 6 to choose from. The Murdoch's in Livingston has at least 3 with light weight bars.

Murdochs needs to update their website. Livingston is showing none. Bozeman shows 3 of the 1/2 wrap 500s available. I think of SW Montana as Hwy 93. Didn't know folks think of Bozeman or Livingston as SW Montana.

I think if you divided the state into 4 equal sections we would fall in the SW part? IDK.. yeah not sure how accurate the website is but I had my hands on the saws a few days ago. I live 10 min from both locations mentioned.

I had called the Murdochs in Hamilton back when I was looking and they were on backorder and taking more orders. RDO in Missoula, said backorders were 2 months out. I haven't been in either store recently, but believe that is still the case. I just got lucky when I found and purchased mine.

Since the weather has gotten better here, my 400c has been impressing then hell out of me. Not for long bars, but with a 24" B&C it is incredible. If you want a 500i and don't need to run a long bar, aim lower and the 400c will fill your needs and then some.

I had called the Murdochs in Hamilton back when I was looking and they were on backorder and taking more orders. RDO in Missoula, said backorders were 2 months out. I haven't been in either store recently, but believe that is still the case. I just got lucky when I found and purchased mine.

Since the weather has gotten better here, my 400c has been impressing then hell out of me. Not for long bars, but with a 24" B&C it is incredible. If you want a 500i and don't need to run a long bar, aim lower and the 400c will fill your needs and then some.
Good to know! The Bozeman store has damn near 10 462c on the shelf

I think of SW Montana as Hwy 93. Didn't know folks think of Bozeman or Livingston as SW Montana.
I said the same thing lol. Except Hwy 93 goes up to Canada. I would say south of Helena/Missoula west of the divide. East MT is big, but Western MT usually means west of the divide I think.

Bozeman can be South Central

Derail

They sell pretty fast around here, my dealer has sold a bunch of them at least 20. He placed the spring order in January, and very little has come in, supply issues are very real.
Seriously there are many 500 available in many stores near me. It's funny because it's not at all popular in my area. One store 10 min away has 10 462 and 4 or 5 500
Do you have the store name or phone no?

If you know of a 500i-R available within 100 miles of Napa, CA, please let me know. I've been on a waiting list for over a year with no product in sight according to the dealer (with whom I've done lots of business and who has always treated very well).
My shop in Redding CA has not had a 500i in stock for going on 8 months. We have a waiting list 25-30 people long. When we were getting 1-2 at a time they never even made it to the showroom floor because we have always had a waiting list of customers a mile long. It’s frustrating because we want to sell them and our customers that have the 500i love them. The only Stihl pro saws we have in stock are the 261 and 362 non mtronic versions. We did have like 10 400’s but sold all of those real quick.
We got one Husqvarna 592 by some miracle and sold it before the box was even opened. Luckily we have lots of 372s and some 390s.
Frustrating to say the least

My shop in Redding CA has not had a 500i in stock for going on 8 months. We have a waiting list 25-30 people long. When we were getting 1-2 at a time they never even made it to the showroom floor because we have always had a waiting list of customers a mile long. It’s frustrating because we want to sell them and our customers that have the 500i love them. The only Stihl pro saws we have in stock are the 261 and 362 non mtronic versions. We did have like 10 400’s but sold all of those real quick.
We got one Husqvarna 592 by some miracle and sold it before the box was even opened. Luckily we have lots of 372s and some 390s.
Frustrating to say the least
Same here. Dealer today in Idaho had one non m-tronic 362, few 311, a 391 and then a bunch of Hedgecutters.

I bought my 400c from him in Oct, probably the last time he's had a pro saw to sell.

Latest posts

Back