MS 880

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More than likely not. The picture of the saw in the box is posted on ebay by a legit seller and is on craigslist all the time.

Some things are worth giving up your "long time lurker" status for.

That site used to be called "Over Stock Clearance..." something or other till they were shut down. BBB got tired of complaints.
http://www.nbc12.com/story/22183342/on-your-side-alert

If you need someone to give your money to PM me ;)
O - You're friendly neighborhood geek w/ a chainsaw fetish

Am I the only one that doesn't see this saw? When I click the link, it just takes me to their website. I tried a search for ms880 on that site and nothing came up.

Ok, I see it now. I would say stay away for sure. If it seems too good to be true, then most likely it is. I seen a Stihl saw on craigslist for real cheap, can't remember the model but had one of the same pics as this site.

The problem is people keep falling for stuff like this so the sellers will figure out a way to offer it.

Just looked on craigslist in the Louisville aread and there is a ms880 on there for $600 with the same pic as the site. Has anybody on here contacted the guy on craigslist? What kind of response did you get?

Last edited:
I read about this a few weeks ago, slept since then and don't remember the ins and outs. According to what I read you don't even get a saw of any kind though, just ID theft. These things are all over Craigslist, all show the top view of the saw in the box. Stumble on them all over the place. Oddly enough the $600 price never seems to vary in the US. Guess somebody decided that was the price point that tempted people who were having a weak moment. At six hundred a pop plus whatever they can steal they don't have to find many biters.

Hu

I think you will be buying into trouble if you buy this saw it will come to you in a box never started or retuned plus probably no true warranty

I would jump all over a deal like that on a new 880 for six hundred dollars if I thought there was any chance it wasn't stolen! So would a lot of people, that is what the people sucked into this are hoping to get. Sell me a new saw at I suspect less than half dealer cost and I'll take it as is with an out of sight guarantee. I have to admit I bought one like that many years ago, a new $400 Craftsman that never had gas or oil in it. I was pretty sure where it had came from and if so it was hotter than a two-dollar pistol. Sears was the one ripped off though and they had taken me over the hurdles for more not long before not honoring a warranty so I scored it for a hundred dollar bill. Wouldn't do it now but I did then.

No way they are selling new Stihl 880's all over the country for six hundred dollars, they won't even sell a counterfeit for that. Go put six hundred dollars in a Salvation Army kettle before you give $600 plus to these people, and I ain't crazy about the Salvation Army!

Hu

Has anybody on here contacted the guy on craigslist? What kind of response did you get?
I have contacted one of those ads, and you get a reply that tells you that the saw is for sale on the site that mentioned above. Upon going to the site, they want you to register and attach like credit card info, but they want pics if your credit card, front and back. They have an option to use Google pay, but they pretty much want the same thing. I think they also would use some sort of money gram or money order. All of which is red flag raising to me. I deleted anything I got from them. The same pic with the same name of pic is plastered all over Craigslist and ebay.

Back