My Boob Job 044

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
timberwolf said:
I have no regrets on my 066, I though out what I wanted, and the saw is right where I expected it to be.
A man with no regrets has lived a very full life or had low expectations to begin with.

Sorry had to do it.

Fred

I would rather go at a saw with the feeling that I will achieve known results, rather than having at it and waiting to see how it will cut.

PS you didn't have to do that, but you did.

timberwolf said:
PS you didn't have to do that, but you did.

Oh, but I did.

I know where you are coming from. I've attacked saw mods and I've wrapped my mind around others.

My 2100 will indicate how well wrapping my mind around it works.

Fred

So then, bestow some wisdom on us.

What has worked out best for you a saw mod attack, or a pre-planned mission?

timberwolf said:
So then, bestow some wisdom on us.

What has worked out best for you a saw mod attack, or a pre-planned mission?

Neither. Stealing others numbers and trying to be concise worked best.

Fred

So, let me get this straight, all along, I thought building saws was about time area formulas, compression ratios, resonance, thermal dynamics, and a host of other scientific phenomena.

And in the end it is all about old school

Scavenging

timberwolf said:
So, let me get this straight, all along, I thought building saws was about time area formulas, compression ratios, resonance, thermal dynamics, and a host of other scientific phenomena.

And in the end it is all about old school

Scavenging

DID E.J. PROVE YOU WRONG??????

I have no idea who built EJ's saw or chain, maybe he does his own work?

He cut well, and I look forward to cutting against him again, I am sure I will do better than last year.

Heck, that show was the first time I made a cold start.

My 066 was stock with a pipe that was not even right, and I ran a 50 cc saw in the 80cc class. Should have been laughed at, but still placed, covered the cost of entry, had a good time and leaned some stuff.

I've got a 3 cube I will now dub the "Old School." She is an Alky burner.

Fred

Don't laugh too much as I will race the 2100 heads up no pipe against your 066.

PLAYINWOOD said:
T-wolf we keep hearing about E.J and we have listen about Cliff,the funny thing is Nobody talks of Rik!! We'll see at Webster won't we!Anybody that calls a place of business and claims to be a 3 time Michigan State champion,it should be a good show.My money says he'll be at the same place when the show was held in Blind River.At home!!!

Let's not argue. Ed has a beef with both the Helsels and this is there chance for redemption. All three of them. Let's race in the wood not in the mouth.

Fred

Stop that 105 Micro down more for a larger depth of field. When you use it in the macro mode, the effective aperture can be reduced to as much as f/62 due to element shift. Check the DOF tables that came with the lens and you'll see what I mean.

I hope everyone shows up, to Hell with the consequence.:rock:
My monies on Rick though because he's criminaly insane. Yup.:rockn:

When the D70S is set on Macro all values are predetermined unless I'm missing something.
On M- manual, here's 125/F45 with a flash.
John

PLAYINWOOD said:
Oh no my MR socratic one you are confused!!The Helsels have a problem with Ed.Where have you been?As for racing at the mouth you seem to start an almost mathematical formulae "beef" on porting saws yet when some one rebuttals, you cry "don't argue".I guess stealing numbers is the only way to properly port a saw.Fred you seem an intelligent guy, don't be duped by listening to just one side of a story.

Thank you for agreeing with me first off.

These guys seem to have a beef. If Ed does not have a reciprical beef, I do appologize. I sure as heck would by now.

I appreciate credit for starting this arguement/thread, but both were here before me.

I believe that my point on the numbers were clear. While I am trying to develope my own processes and do as much quantified research as I can alot of my trial has been error. If someone like Marcel was willing to educate me I would jump at the chance.

My education on saws has been at most times tooth and nail. Just recently have I been on a pace that I find instantly rewarding.

Read what I say in context and with an open mind. BTW I don't have a beef with anyone and if you look back the only people I have hammered on were beating on a builder.

Fred

Back