My New Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NYSawBoss

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Well this thread is entwined with my recent other...tying into the stick part II. I just bought this beast brand new to deal with that particular tree and other side jobs as well.

anthony

Yo Tony! Try opening the pic in MS Paint (or something similiar, no comments Glen) and saving it as a jpeg. Like the one I attached. That thing took about a minute for me to open at work, where the connection is pretty fast.

24" bar

is the 24" bar i had put on my new 440 going to dog it or is it acceptable for good rpms?? i need to know before i cut with it, so i can get another if it's not good for the saw. thanks.

anthony

Nice saw, take care of it and it will last a long time and hopefully make you lots of $$$. Just respect the power of that saw and understand that as pretty as it looks it can be a very dangerous animal. ;)

hillarious

that's friggin hillarious butch..you got me pissin in my pants. head on over to the tying into the stick II thread...i posted some new pics of that tree at different angles. check it out.

tony

Get the muffler opened up first, tweak the carb and before you know it get it ported by someone he on the board. Ask many questions before you jump into getting it ported. Rbtree has saws that he works with day in day out. You want the right guy for the job. Anyone can port a saw today, some better than others. Before you know it you'll end up with one of these. If you want to try some ported saws I'll meet you in the city since I am there 2-3 times a week.

Last edited:
Anothony

Saw big enough for 50" removal

Remember SLOW AND EASY

Kevin

PS Taught line and saftey line fine for application BUT
are you over extending yourself?

Postpone for a couple of weeks until you get more experince see you tommorow

Back